Sequel: Grenade

Do You Know Your Enemy, Darling?

Memories

-----{Skylar's POV}-----

I slipped into Jackson's room. I saw him laying there, hooked up to many beeping boxes. His lifeless body just laying there. I could barely even tell he'd been breathing.

I walked closer. One of his arms had been wrapped up as well as one of his legs. His neck had been in a neck brace. I shook my head, hoping the tears wouldn't fall. But I wasn't very strong right then. I sat on the edge of the bed and cried into his chest. Being careful not to touch his arm.

I looked up at his bruised and cut up face. It was my fault. If I hadn't yelled at him.. or if I hadn't helped pull that first prank.. none of this would be going on. This wouldn't have happened.

My make up ran down my cheeks. Causing my eyes to burn and my lips tasting like my eyeliner. "I'm sorry..." I muttered. "I shouldn't have.."

Just then, a nurse came walking in the door. Noticed me sitting there and glared at me. Maybe she didn't like the fact I had been so close to him, maybe it had been the fact I was wearing all black with black make up running down my face. Maybe it was even the fact my hair had been a purple and blonde wreak. But whatever it was, I would never find out. She walked right back out as another nurse came making her way through.

"I'm sorry miss, you can't be in here unless you are-" She started.

"I'm his girlfriend." I glared at her.

She made a face. "Miss, you still cannot--"

"I'm. His. Girlfriend." I said through bared teeth. She jumped at the anger in my voice and backed up, holding her hands high.

"I understand you are scared. But right now we need--" This time I stood up. Fully ready to take her down if needed.

"I'm his motherfucking, ass eater, god damned girlfriend. Got that?!" I shouted. I was sure half the floor heard me. Once again, she almost jumped out of her skin and nodded.

"Ye-yes ma'am." She nodded and walked out of the room.

I sat down beside Jackson who I noticed had his eyes open. "G-girlfriend?" It pained him to talk, but I could tell he loved those words coming out of my mouth.

I stuttered a few times before truly answering. "I just.. it was just so I could get in here!" I panicked.

A smirk appeared on his bruised lips. "You love me."

My heart raced. I was glad to see him awake and talking, but not so glad he heard me. "I-I.."

"You were determined to let her know." He poked further.

I shook my head. "You're insane!" I threw my hands in the air. "The crash did something to your brain." I muttered.

He stopped smirking. "What crash?" He asked.

I stared at him. "You, Tom and Joe got into a crash. They said you had just stopped in the middle of the road." I said.

His face became more confused. "Aren't you Joyce?" He asked. "Joy.. my girlfriend. And whose Tom and Joe? You mean Joseph and little Tommie?"

I sighed. "I'm Skylar, Jackson. Skylar."

"Skylar's a dudes name." He laughed. I held my head in my hands. No way.. no.. way..

I needed to talk to a doctor.

----{Tom's POV}----

I looked up at Zoey. She'd been so beautiful sitting there. Even with tears in her eyes.

"You're okay.." She mumbled.

I smiled and nodded. "I'm great now." But then I frowned. "I heard them talking and Jackson didn't sound too well."

"Skylar's in there with him now. I figured I'd check on you, then go check on them." She traced a small cut on the side of my neck. Being careful as could be.

"I only got away with a few cuts and possibly a broke wrist." I shrugged. "Nothing major."

She nodded and kept tracing the cut. I knew she was still worried.

"What was Jackson thinking?" She asked finally.

I shrugged but even that hurt. "After you girls left.. he kept saying that he couldn't believed how much we all changed. He couldn't believe we did those things to you girls."

"He's really not all that bad.." She muttered.

"He is. But he does have times where he's caring."

She giggled. "I'm going to check on the others." She wiped her tears and walked out of the room. I wished she would have stayed..
♠ ♠ ♠
woo! i wasn't sure what to write O.O

-Toast!