Sequel: Grenade

Do You Know Your Enemy, Darling?

Can We?

----{Skylar's POV}----

I sighed and watched him. He just stared at me, not believing I wasn't this Joyce. I couldn't help but have all these things rush through my mind as the doctor looked him over.

"You need to step out for just a minute, miss." He told me and pointed to the door. I looked at it. It was peeling white paint. It felt so far away. But I nodded and walked out after a few cries from Jackson, not wanting me to leave.

I sat in the floor and looked around me. I saw a young couple at the end of the hallway. Holding each other and kissing. I smiled but mostly out of pain. I wanted that to be me. I wanted somebody to hold me, to love me. I've lived all my life on my own. Even my own mother didn't care much for me.

I hid my face in my hands as the short, good looking doctor walked out of Jackson's room. I looked up at him as he frowned.

"He's got temporary amnesia. It should only last a few days, maybe less. Or more. We can't tell you exactly when. Just that it shouldn't last longer than two weeks." He smiled at me. He held out his freckled hand to held me up. I took it and pulled myself to my feet.

"So, he'll be fine? He'll go back to like he always had been?" I asked.

He thought for a second. "If something triggers the memory, yes. If he starts to remember everything himself, maybe. We can't grantee anything at this moment ma'am." He sighed.

He walked down the hall as I stood there, holding my arm. I walked into Tom's room and saw Zoey and him in a lip lock. I gasped and rushed out, pressing my back to the door and holding my chest. What had I just walked in on?

A few seconds later, Zoey opened the door causing me to fall back a little.

"It's not what it looks like!" She nearly screamed. I bit my lip.

"You got pissed at me for kissing Jackson, and you kiss Tom?" I asked.

"He kissed me!" She said.

"He's in bed! In a hospital!" I shouted.

She crossed her arms and looked back at a smirking Tom. He made kissy faces at her. "He kissed me, Skylar." She looked at me with those innocent doe eyes. I sighed and nodded, forgiving her.

"Can we just.. leave?" I asked.

Her face fell. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"I just.. I can't handle this."
♠ ♠ ♠
=O Something else may be going on. What is it?

-Christa