Sequel: Grenade

Do You Know Your Enemy, Darling?

Choose One Or The Other

-----{Skylar's POV}-----

Jackson tried to hug me but I wouldn't let him. I knew he'd just make me cry more. Only because the touch of somebody would let me know this wasn't a dream. I wished it was. She could have died. My Zoey could have died..

Tom walked out. I looked up as he nodded his head towards the door. I quickly stood up and slipped through the closing door.

Inside was depressing. White. Everything. White. I shook as I looked at the bed. Tears rolling down my face. I walked over to the bed and let out a long, shaking sigh. Zoey smiled up at me, looking pale. But at the same time better than I thought she would.

"Sky, please don't cry." She laid a hand on mine. I wiped the tears from my face as the goose bumps covered my arms with her touch.

I tried to giggle. "It's kind of hard when the lady I love is in a hospital bed, and the guy I thought I loved... well. I haven't quite figured out what's going on there."

She pulled me down on the bed. I laid down as she put an arm around me. I was facing her and stuck my face in her neck. I was just a little taller, so I curled up my legs. "Sweetie, we're in the same problem." She sighed. "I love Tom. But I also love you."

"Your guy seems perfect. Mine.. mine just tried to rape me. I feel like he's the only one that hasn't changed."

"He has, Skylar." She sounded weak. I put my finger on her lips to shush her.

"No talking. Rest." I smiled and lightly kissed her neck. I felt goose bumps pop up on her and smirked.

After a little while of us laying there, not talking, I got up gently to spot her sleeping. I smiled and gently kissed her soft pink lips. Butterflies in my stomach decided to go crazy.

I walked out into the hallway to find Dillon asleep on Joe's sleeping lap, and Tom and Jackson sitting in a far corner, hudled together and talking. I quietly walked over and hid behind the wall that divided the chairs.

"Dude, you need to talk to her." Tom as saying. He sounded angry.

"I don't want to piss her off more. What if I do?" He saked.

I bit my lip. I needed to talk to him. Now.

I stood up and walked over to them just as Tom had opened his mouth. He closed it when he saw me. Jackson didn't even look up. "Um, Tom? Why don't you go see if Zoey's awake yet. I want to talk to Jackson.. alone." I finished. He nodded and stood up, walking past me and patting my shoulder.

Jackson continued to look at his dirty converse. I sat down where Tom had been and leaned foward.

"Jackson," I started. Not knowing exactly what I was about to say. "I'm sorry. I have a hard time trusting people--"

"You seem to trust Dillon and Zoey just fine." He muttered.

I rolled my eyes. "I know they won't hurt me now. You.. you haven't shown me that I can totally trust you."

"I've tried, haven't I?" He asked.

"You mainly just want sexual moments. Have you actually tried taking me out on a date?" I asked. He shook his head. "Did you ask about me? Anything about me?" I asked. He shook his head. "Do you even know about this?" I took off my gloves and showed him the fresh and old scars. His eyes almost popped out of his head.

"You.."

"Cut. Yeah. Zoey knows. She knows nothing about it can be done because I've done it so long but at least she helped. She tried talking to me. Did you? She knows most of my past, and my presant. Do you?" I asked. He bit his lip and shook his head. "See? The most we've done is fight and make out roughly. And a bit more.." I didn't like admitting that part.

"You seemed to like it." He said as he now played with his shirt.

"Yeah and no. I liked it, yes. Because it's all I knew for.... years. It's what I went to when I had bad days. And no, because I did it so long for the wrong reasons. Do you see my point?" I asked.

"Yeah. You don't like me like I like you. Matter of fact, I'm in love with you, Sky. But you don't seem to understand that." His voice raised, so did his temper.

I stood up. "Don't you dare yell at me, Rathbone!" I shouted. "You're the one that didn't try."

"I did!" He stood up as well. "I wanted to be yours, I wanted to be all yours. But then I find out you and Zoey have this.. this.. whatever the hell it is and I don't want to share you!"

I faked a laugh. "See, that's what I can't stand about you. Tom is willing to share Zoey. He's willing because it not only makes her happy, but I'm happy and he's happy. As long as she is his. She may not be all his, but he's okay with that." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"That's what I don't get. If you love somebody, you shouldn't be with another person. I mean, how fucking long do you think you can keep this up? Hm? Do you think you can marry me, and Zoey? And Zoey marry Tom and you? It don't work that way in America, honey."

He had a point. It was small, but it was a point. How could I marry both of them? "I just won't marry the both of you." I smirked. Ha!

"I want to marry you. I want to have kids with you. I want us both to live in a house together and.. and.. have animals running around. Not have to care about walking around naked in front of you. I don't want another- or two other- people living there!" He was getting pissed off big time.

"Okay. So you mean it's choose one?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'm sure once Tom hears what I have to say, he'll think the same thing." Jackson smirked a little Clearly enjoying this.

More tears rushed to my eyes. "Jackson, I can't believe you. I can't believe you say you love somebody so much and then say they can't be with somebody else they deeply love."

"My point, Skylar." He said through his teeth. "My point is that it's not right to be with another person. It's called cheating. Cheating, Skylar. Something your ex did to you. The ex you thought you loved. The girl that stole your heart." He noticed the surprised look on my face because he kept going. "Yeah, I listened. I listen when you talk to me. It may not seem like it, but I do. I know you were in love. She cheated and then you went off crying for some sex. That's what got it started, am I right? So now you use me and Zoey to get over it incase one of us decides not to love you."

I stood there, not knowing what to say or what to do. Tears running down my cheeks like a river. Was what he said.. was it true? Was that the only reason I wouldn't pick between them?
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN DUN! xO Anyways, how'd ya like it? xD

Also, sorry if I spelled anything wrong. I've been crying all day and my eyes are blurry so I don't really know if anything is right.

Comments are loved!

--Christa