Status: Wrote thise 3 years ago, posting regularly

Jaded Crimson

.11

"Well, its nice meeting you Cameron," I smiled a little apologetically at him. "I'm sorry about my earlier commenting about the benched people do nothing; I was basically aiming at that one batting right now."

"That's Mitchell, don't worry about him Crimson, he's a show off. We all play regular positions actually; we're just batting right now. I'm second basemen usually, Mitch is short stop," Cameron explained as he shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly.

"Well still, sorry about that," I sighed. "You seem like a nice guy and you didn't deserve it."

"It's okay, I promise you," he laughed as something smacked loudly, a bat hitting a ball then a clinging noise near my head.

"Wow that almost hit you," the boy on the other side of Cameron stated leaning over to stare at me with wide eyes.

"Okay, I just completely blocked it out, what almost hit me," I didn't even want to look near my head; I knew it would end in me laughing and scaring someone off, mainly my new friend.

"Mitchell hit Jaden's fastball and it almost hit you in the head, look beside you're head, there's a big chunk of wood missing from the dugout where it hit instead," he breathed out breathlessly. "It looked like it was heading right for you; I don't see how in the world it missed you."

I turned around and looked at the fist sized dent in the wood and the side where it clipped the edge of the dugout before landing across the clearing, where it was beside a tree trunk thirty feet away. That would have hurt like a bitch if it hit me, I turned back around and stared at the man responsible for my near death experience that was standing in shock staring at me, and then to Jaden who was looking at me, then looked down at the ground while scratching his head. "That nearly hit you," he choked on the air he took in. "I saw it…"

"It wasn't close," I shook my head as I glanced at Jaden, I didn't want either of the guys feeling bad for me when I didn't even know I was nearly killed by a flying baseball. "I'm fine, continue playing ball."

"Maybe you should go sit in the car Crimson," Jaden looked up then and nodded towards the hill. "Give me ten minutes and I'll be up."

"I can wait—"

"Crimson," he pushed staring me straight in the eyes. "Please just go wait, now."

"What was that about?" I asked softly as Jaden opened the driver's door and sat in his seat, slamming his door roughly.

"What was what about?" he turned his head to me as he turned on the engine, I sighed and gave him a 'are you serious' look which made him retract what he said. "Mitchell was meaning to scare you, he hit it over there on purpose but it came a little closer than he expected."

"Why would he do that?" I asked slowly as I furrowed my brows in confusion. "And how would you know?"

"Well," he started with a deep breath as he looked out his rear view mirror so he could back out of the parking place he was parked in. "He told me he was sorry and that he meant to scare you because you pretty much pissed him off."

"But—"

"But he went too far, I throw over eighty. That fast of a ball being hit, its deadly, he could have easily killed you because of his ego and that," he shook his head as he looked over at me. "It pissed me off."

"I'm fine though," I shrugged my shoulders as he turned back to the window, watching as he drove us home. Silence filled the cab for a long time. "They said it was coming straight at me, how did it not end up hitting me? You were watching weren't you?"

"Must have been the wind," he shrugged as he cast a quick glance over at me, then back to the road once again. "Did you like school today?"

"Besides the fact that every time I turned around you ran from me, yeah," I smirked slightly. "Were you scared I'd embarrass you?"

"No," he said slowly as a grin lay out across his face. "Okay maybe, but only at lunch when you had all the girls from the school hanging on your every word."

"Which by the way, you'll be seeing that they may be coming to you asking about Spongebob," I snickered. "I may or may not have told them you love Spongebob."

"Crimson," his eyes went wide as he took a left into the driveway to our house. "What else did you say?"

"You pick you're nose and burp loud," I laughed as he whipped his head around in shock, in a matter of seconds. Which I couldn't even say I was kidding, he had shut the engine off and jumped on me. "Ah!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner

Comment