‹ Prequel: Left In The Dark

Into The Light

Chapter 14

I pulled Aaron behind the crates as he wrapped me around his black wings.

Shade covered us as I laid my head on his chest.

He was scarcely breathing, but I still heard his steady heart beat. It soothed me.

It was the only thing that kept me on the ground. So much has happened so fast, and now we’re here.

I felt his move before he froze. My eyes looked up to find the guards standing there.

Staring at us.

At me.

He kissed me softly before letting go. I didn’t want him to go anywhere.

“Don’t hurt her.” He stated, wrapping his arms around me again. I was tired of protecting myself so I hid my face in his chest.

They forced us down the halls, but I stayed strong. I wasn’t about to let them know they were scaring us.

They tore my apart from him, throwing me against the wall, forcing me to sit down.

I watched as they clamped down heavy armor on his wings and forcing his to transform.

He wasn’t transforming into the same majestic bird I saw at the forest.

No, he was far from that. He’s a warrior now.

Not the semi-soft and lover boy I knew.

But I still love him, and I will do everything I can to stay with him.

Fear washed over me as I realized I couldn’t control this.

They could kill me.

They could kill Aaron.