‹ Prequel: Left In The Dark

Into The Light

Chapter 2

I ran aimlessly through the same forest I’ve been in for what seemed like days.

Maybe months.

I sank down by a tree and recalled the horrible goodbyes I had.

I heard the door open, I was just gathering my bags. I saw my sister and ran up to her.

“Where have you been?” She asked, confused. She gripped her head. “With Aaron. Where have you been?” I asked.

“I…I don’t know.” She asked. That wasn’t possible! Could they have brain washed her?

No.

“I’m glad your home.” She said, hugging me. She held protectively onto my arm which I had shown her the cuts.

“I am too.” I said, a stray tear following. Her perfume filled my nose.

It was so familiar. It was nice.

Then it hit me. I wanted Aaron’s scent filling my nose instead. My gut clenched as pain his. I missed him.

Bad.

“I can’t stay, Ava.” I stated. Her eyes widened looking at me. “No you can’t leave. Please? I love you.” She began, blabbering.

I wiped the tears streaming down her face. “Ava…I promise I’ll be back. I need to find Aaron. He needs me.” I said, kissing her head, like I used to do when we were kids.

“Stay safe.” She stated, hugging onto me, her tears wetting my shirt.

“I’ll try Ava.” I sighed, petting her hair.

Ripping away from her, I walked to the door and put my hand on the cold handle.

I could hear her chocking back sobs. “I’ll be back.” I said, running out the door.

I made it down the driveway, turning around for only a moment. I had to memorize my home.

I may not see it again. I ran and ran.


I looked up at the dark starry sky. I had to find him. There is only one Earth and he is on it somewhere.

I gripped my other hand, where he once held. “I’ll find you, Aaron Knight.” I sighed. “I promise.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment! We need to know what you think! More Comments = longer and faster updates! I love you all<3