‹ Prequel: Left In The Dark

Into The Light

Chapter 26

We walked in as they passed awkward looked back and forth to each other.

“Well…it’s dinner time!” Alex smiled. Ya know, I’m starting to think that he does not like girls.

At all.

I smiled a weak smile, before sitting in a seat next to Aaron. I wrapped my fingers through his as Alex placed plate in front of us.

~*~

“I think it’s time for all of us to sleep.” Aaron randomly said. I had a feeling deep in my gut that something was up.

Aaron was quiet all through dinner, glancing at the boys.

“Oh right!” Finny yawned suddenly.

“I’ll show you to your rooms.” Alex said, standing up, smiling.

“Oh, um, ok.” I mumbled. It’s going to be weird to sleep in a bed with a room to ourselves.

So unnatural.

Alex slowly collected the dishes and began to wash them.

“You know, I think I can find the way. I’ll take Willow back to hers.” Aaron said, quickly standing up, pushing me off down the hall.

I kept our hands intertwined as we walked down the long hallway as he stopped suddenly.

“This room.” He stated, opening the door.

“Oh, um, goodnight.” I said going up on my toes lightly kissing him. Breaking away, he went toward me, kissing me again, longer this time.

“You know, I love you right?” He mumbled, as I nodded.

“Of course.” I paused, smiling.

“We’ve been through to much to break apart now.” I laughed quietly.

His eyes dropped alittle when I said that.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Willow.” He said kissing the top of my head.

I watched him walk down that hall before shutting the door and slipping into bed.

I could hear murmuring from the kitchen and the crickets outside. It was so dark.

So quiet.

So alone.

All these nights I spent sleeping with Aaron, thinking of him, or being near him.

Now I’m not.

Every shadow seemed to move as if I was 5 again. This was one of the last nights I’ll be with Aaron if Alex was right.

I tossed and turned for at least an hour or so before slipping out of bed.

I walked on the cold hardwood floor down the hall, when I heard talking. A draft from a window seemed to slip under the door.

Opening the door, I saw Aaron, half out a window.

Once he heard me, he looked at me and mouthed two words before he jumped out the window.

I’m sorry.

I ran to the window, watching his soar into the distance.

I heard something crack as I looked at the door. Finny was just stepping in with a back pack.

“Finny, what’s going on.” I stated.

His eyes widened as he started to slowly walk past me.

“Finny, what’s in the back pack.” I questioned.

He took off at a fast walk.

“Finny! What’s in the back pack!” I shouted as he jumped out the window too.

I sprinted out the door, to Alex’s room. Not finding him in there, I ran to the kitchen.
I found him sitting on a stool, looking nervously. His face stared up at me.

“Alex.” I stated, in more of a growl. His eyes widened as he tried to run, but he was no match.

I sprinted up to him, tackling him to the ground.

“Tell me.” I said, looking down at him.

“Agh! Get off me! This body is boys only!” He shouted, squirming under me.

“Please! Be a little mature!” I practically begged.

“Ah! This is so weird!” He screamed.

Idea!

“Tell me or I’ll kiss you!” I shouted. His eyes turned into slits.

“You wouldn’t.” He stated, as I raised my eyebrows. Leaning toward him, he shouted.

“NO! Fine! They’re going to go to the castle and explode it! Now please don’t kiss me!” He screamed, nearly crying.

I stood up, hitting the wall. “I’m so stupid!” I shouted as he squirmed against the wall.

I took off at a run toward the door. “What are you doing!” He shouted, as I ignored him.

Suddenly, I felt two owl claws pressed against my arms. Not enough to injure.

“I’m going to find him!” I screamed, squirming.

“No your not!” He screamed as I squeezed my hands toward him. Suddenly my vision went bright, as if I was staring at the sun.

My hands began to burn as Alex screamed, falling backwards.

Looking down, I saw two burns on his arms.

Almost like bad sunburns.

The sun came through my hands.

And burned him.

“Sorry.” I whimpered. “Um...stay!” I shouted, running out.

I had to find him.

Soon.