Diablo:The Beginning of new Anguish

Chapter 8 Hell

The demons poured fourth like a tidal wave, surging forward nothing slowing them down, not the spell casters or the archers firing there arrows.

Me, Natasha, Auden, and Remos quickly charged to the front lines where the soldiers were getting ready to battle.

They welcomed us with the nods of there heads, I could tell they were happy to see us fighting for them.

Natasha threw a device into the ground and shot an arrow at the first demon that ran into the town. The demons head exploded and it fell to the ground, as the other demons came forward stepping on the trap it exploded destroying at least a dozen demons.

I decided I would try something useful, I willed a fire wall to appear cutting the army in half and anything that stepped into the fire immediately be turned to ash.

To my surprise a huge fire wall burst forth and as the demons ran threw it they burned so fierce, and I smiled as there ashen bodies started littering the ground.

I wondered if this was going to be easier than I expected.

Eventually the demons who saw what was happening when they ran through the fire stopped in front of it. They seemed rather calm about it as if they were waiting for something.

Suddenly my fire dissipated and the demons surged fourth again.

I tried to create another one but as soon as it was ignited it dissipated again, that's when I noticed other humans standing up on the hill. There eyes were glowing red.

I notched an arrow and shot it at them, willing it to go lightning fast and hitting its target.

To my dismay the arrow simply disappeared as it neared them. I tried another arrow with the same result.

I cursed wondering what there plans were, if they were observing or going to utterly destroy us with a raise of there hand.

An idea formed in my head, if there really that powerful then perhaps I am as well.

I willed fire to shoot fourth from my palm with such force and will that nothing could stop it. The fire ball shot fourth at the group of humans.

As it neared where my arrows disappeared a huge explosion took place shaking the ground they stood on.

Realizing what I just did I quickly fired and arrow at one of them. The arrow stuck in the humans neck.

They were taken by complete surprise, before they could react I willed the arrow to explode.

I smiled to myself watching the human fly into a million peaces littering the other humans clothes with his remains.

I willed my fire wall to appear again, this time I willed it to go forward taking all the demons with it.

The fire burst forward but it had no effect on the demons. They stood in the fire laughing as they continued there fight.

Suddenly the fire dissipated again and my attention turned toward the humans, what were they planning on doing now?

I willed a shield to protect me from any magic they could throw at me.

As I watched the battle continue, shooting arrows at as many demons as I could, also willing things to explode as I seem fit, I noticed Remos extending into the heart of the demon army, being completely surrounded. He seemed fine destroying every demon that touched him.

Suddenly I noticed little yellow demons making there way toward Remos, the demons around them seemed to laugh as they made there way through.

My mind flashed back to Bramwell and I remembered what they were capable of.

“Remos get back!” I screamed as loud as I could.

Remos seemed to pay no heed to my warnings. I watched in terror as the yellow demons, there belly's oversized and they seemed rather insane?

To my horror I watched as they both jumped at him and they stabbed themselves exploding with a huge force, any demon dumb enough to stand around were quickly destroyed.

The explosion destroyed Remos upper body completely, his lower half simply fell to the ground.

I looked around for any more of those demons but I could not find any.

I quickly backed a little ways away from the fighting and tried to think how of how I could somehow destroy the humans on the hill.

Suddenly the towers where the spell casters and archers stood exploded. I realized this battle was quickly turning away from our favor, if it was ever indeed in our favor to begin with.

I tried sending fourth a fireball at the humans again hoping to break there force field like last time.

The fireball dissipated not even coming close to its target. I wondered what else I could try and do.

An outrageous idea formed in my head, I wondered if I could somehow make the sand become as sharp as a blade.

I willed a small amount of sand below there feet to rise up. It was a struggle, it only seemed to rise knee level.
I sensed the humans were watching me unsure of what I was doing.

Figuring it would have to do I sent it forward cutting off one of the humans legs.

Suddenly I noticed that there were less demons coming forward. Strange it seemed like a moment ago there was a massive throng, now that throng seemed to be cut in half.

Screams could be heard in the distance. I looked around recognizing the screams were women.

I backed down a street wondering what was going on, still keeping my eye on the battle.

Suddenly there was a huge explosion on the other side of town. The very ground seemed to just give way.

Demons crawled up from the sewers and I could tell from the screams they were butchering the women.

I cursed thinking we should have done something about the magic in the sewers.

My mind started racing thinking of how I could try and turn this situation around. I was exhausted, the abilities I have been using drained me completely.

Suddenly my whole body went numb, I found it difficult to move. Suddenly I fell back, but was caught.

“I have you.” A females voice whispered. “Don't worry, you wont perish like the others.”

I tried to move but now was totally paralyzed. My head was tilted back and I found myself looking into the red swirling eyes of Emma.

My mind screamed at me and I willed everything to start moving again, but nothing happened.

“Come. Lets head into this abandoned house where we could become more comfortable.” Emma dragged me into a house and set me up against a wall.

“Now this is so much better don't you agree?”

I wanted to shout something at her but I could not speak. I was forced to look ahead. I willed myself to be free and be able to move, but nothing happened.

“You may as well stop trying. You are exhausted, and I am stronger than you, you cannot break free of my hold.”

I gave up defeated, wondering when my death will come.

A dark figure came out from the shadows and walked toward the window. “Ah such a shame. I wanted to be the one to destroy Lut Gholein.”

“Yes, it would have been fun.” Emma told him. “How is my child?”

“Your newborn is growing fast, your other has began to mature. Soon she will be battle ready.”

Emma seemed to smile in delight at the news. “That is truly wonderful.”

“Yes.” Azmodan told her. “You two will make a great team, nothing like the bond of a mother and daughter.”

I was disgusted at what I was hearing. How someone could so willingly serve such monsters was beyond me.

“Do you have something to say?” Emma asked me teasingly. “Here let me allow you to speak so you can get your anger and frustration out.”

I suddenly was able to move my head. “Damn you!” I screamed.

“Oh but sweet heart I already am.” Emma said with a smile. “Don't worry you'll soon be to.”

Azmodan continued to look on at the carnage. “Oh Belial your deception is truly astounding. How you managed to train a bunch of humans to project images of a demonic army.”

“What do you mean?” I asked. Trying to understand.

“Don't you see?” Azmodan said continuing to look out the window. “The only real demon out there is Xazax. What Belial sees in that fool is beyond me.”

“Are you trying to tell me the demons out there are not real?” I said in utter disbelief at the notion.

“Why yes I am.” Azmodan replied. “You see each of us got a nice group of humans to train and teach. It's quite simple really we taught the humans what we were good at. Belial being the lord of lies, those humans know how to play with the minds of others, casting things into them that are not real.”

“What about you?” I asked. “What are you the lord of? You don't seem that interesting.”

Azmodan turned and glared at me. “Be mindful of what you say. Just because you are my prize does not mean I will keep you the way you look now.

I smiled not giving a damn about his threats.

“You see it was a small competition we had going on, which one of us could train the humans to most resemble ourselves. Sad to say it was Diablo who managed to create the most terrifying group of humans to ever exist in all of hell.”

“Why are you telling me all of this?” I asked. “I don't give a damn about you, or anything that happens in hell.”

Azmodan laughed. “Well my boy, you should start because you'll be living there for a very long time.”

“I doubt that.” I said.

“Oh my dear.” Emma said. “Don't be so negative, we will have a blast! I'll give you a tour, we will have so much fun, I'll introduce you to my daughters.”

“I hate you.” I said to her.

“Oh my dear you don't hate me. If you did you would have killed me when you had the chance. You see you're fire knocked me out cold. You could have ended my life then and now.”

I stared at her stunned, why had the angel told me to run? Did she not know that I could have killed her?

An idea formed in my head, I opened my mouth hoping that this could work, I shot fourth a fireball directly at Azmodan.

To my dismay it seemed to go through him and collide into the wall destroying it completely.

Emma looked at him with a hint of concern.

Azmodan seemed to flicker like a candle almost being blown out. I could no longer spot the red eyes that use to reside in the darkness of his hood. I wondered if I actually hurt the demon.

Suddenly the flickering stopped and his red eyes reappeared and I could tell I succeeded in pissing him off completely.

“My dear boy.” Azmodan said. “Now if I was here physically I would say that probably would have hurt a little.”

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Why do you think I would actually take the time to follow you around and leave my army? No matter how good my second in command demon is he is just a simple demon, eventually they would run off disorganized. We cant have that happening now can we?”

“What do you want with me!” I yelled.

“Well if you would have just let me keep Iris, Emma would probably have killed you by now. Besides she seems fancy you.”

Emma winked at me, a cruel smile touched her face.

“I believe this city is to important for Belial to keep for himself.” Azmodan said. “What do you think Emma?”

“I say if Belial does not want to show up and claim the city destroyed by him, then that is his mistake.”

Azmodan chuckled. “I see, oh how angry he will get.” He stepped outside and raised his arms.

From what I could see the sky seemed to turn blood red.

Then suddenly part of it became orange.

“So I see why he sent Xazax now.” Azmodan said a hint of disappointment in his voice. “Well then either way I claimed half the destruction. We are done here.”

Emma nodded. “So it is done?”

“Of course my dear, come let us venture to hell. We have lots to report.”

Azmodan grabbed my hand and pulled me toward the center of the room.

I tried to break free but my whole body went limp, I could no longer speak or move my head.

Emma smiled at me knowing how much I struggled.

Azmodan then said a bunch of unintelligent words.

As those last words slipped off his tongue, I realized that my life will forever be changed. I will forever be tormented, and damned. I tried to prepare myself mentally for the horrors that were in store for me.