Status: Senior Year + Summer Break= Summer Reading List for English AP. I will try to update as often as I possibly can. :)

Ice Cold Love

-Chapter Five-

-Chapter Five-

I stayed up all night with Kagome as we waited for Inuyasha to get back. Kagome finally drifted off, but I was not tired in the least. I closed my eyes and began to meditate. About half an hour later I sensed him. He stepped into camp and my eyes flashed open. Cold, sharp-edged, silver eyes met amber ones. “Where have you been?”

“No where. I was just thinking?”

“It took you four hours to think?” I hissed.

“Yeah it did”, Inuyasha said defensively. He started to walk away but my question stopped him. “How’s Kikyo?”

He turned around and stared at me with shock. “How-

“I can’t believe you would go behind my cousin’s back and see Kikyo; you’re mated to each other!” I whispered/yelled.

“Will you keep quiet, you’ll wake Kagome”, Inuyasha hissed.

“Oh that would be bad if Kagome found out. You’re despicable, inu baka!”

“I didn’t do anything, I swear. Yes I did smell her scent, yes I lied to Kagome about it being nothing, but I swear to you and on Kagome’s life, nothing happened. All we did was talk.”

I rolled my eyes. “I’m not going to tell Kagome.” Inuyasha let out relieved sigh. “You’re going to tell her.” Inuyasha looked at me, “What?”

“You heard me, either you tell her or I’ll make you do it.” I closed my eyes and leaned against Kagome and went to sleep.

XoXoXoXo
I awoke, again, in a cold sweat. Kagome woke up and when she saw my face, she knew. She held me tight as I rested my head on her shoulder. We woke Sango then went to find water to bathe. We did a healing circle then quickly bathed for Inuyasha wanted to get a move on.

“Do you have any clothes, Kagome? I’m sick of wearing these priestess clothes”, I sighed.

“Yeah, um I have some jeans and a tank top”, she smiled. “But it’s bit hot for that. Oh wait I have another skirt, it green but that okay because the tank top is camouflage!”

“Great.” I quickly changed into the skirt and tank top. Kagome had an extra pair of shoes so I put those on.

“Oh my”, Sango gasped.

I noticed she was staring at my back. You could see part of my scar from my shoulder that was out and since the shirt didn’t cover my midriff you could see the stab wound on my side as well where the rest of scar wrapped around my stomach and stopped on my hip. “Yeah, sorry, I know it’s ugly.”

“No, no, I’m just shocked that someone could do that.” Sango said sadly.

I shrugged and said, “Shit happens.” I walked back towards camp and sat under a tree.

“Are you hungry, Megumi, you haven’t eaten since we had our break yesterday”, Miroku asked.
“No, I’m not hungry, thank you though.” I sighed and closed my eyes while everyone scrambled around to get things packed up. I knew my scars were hideous, I could not for the life of me; get Sango’s face when she saw my scars out of head. I though she knew already, but I guess she never noticed.

I’ve tried so hard to forget about that night, but then the dream comes back and I see my charred mother baling me for her death and I think she’s right, I killed her. I could have saved her, I could have called the police the minute I woke up and heard the noise. I could have fought my dad while he tried to beat my mom and pour gasoline on her instead of standing there like a helpless child.
I sigh and open my eyes.

“Are you okay, Megumi”, Inuyasha asked as he held Kagome.

“Yeah, why do you ask?”

“Because you’re crying”, replied Lord Sesshomaru.

I touched my cheeks with my fingertips and felt tears. I wiped them away then got up. “We should hurry and head out; we have lots of ground to cover.”

“Not too much I hope, I promised mom I would be back tomorrow, and you weren’t supposed to be here, she’s probably worried sick”, said Kagome.

“She’s right, Megumi, I forgot about that. Look we’ll cover a few hundred yards, and I’ll take you both back on Kirara tomorrow.” Inuyasha said.
I smiled and nodded, “Okay.” When Kagome walked away I gave him a look, “You have to tell her.”

“I will.”

XoXoXoXo
It was finally the day for us to go back to the present time. I helped Kagome pack up her things then climbed onto Kirara. Kagome got on and smiled when Inuyasha came walking towards us.

“I think I’ll come too”, said Sesshomaru.

I smiled at him, “Good, I thought you were sleeping; I would have felt awful if I didn’t get to say a proper goodbye to you Sesshomaru-sama.”

Inuyasha shared a glance with Kagome before taking off at a run. Kirara took to the sky as did Sesshomaru. We were in the air for about two maybe three hours before I saw the well. We came down and landed. I petted Kirara, “Thank you.”

I turned to Kagome only to see her sucking face with Inuyasha. “God, Kagome, we’ll be back in a few days.” I laughed. I turned to Sesshomaru and smiled. “Well now I can give you that proper goodbye. I bowed my head, “Goodbye Lord Sesshomaru.”

“Hnn.” He titled his head in reply to my bow.

“Will you come with Inuyasha to come get us in a few days?”

“Hnn.”

I chuckled, “A man of few words. I like that.” I smiled at him then went towards Kagome who sat on the lip of the well, waiting for me. I grabbed her hand and together we jumped into the well. Blue light engulfed us and we were back in the present. We climbed out of the well and walked towards the house.

“Yay, I can take an actual shower and call Amy.” I ran towards the house and did just that. I took a nice, long, hot shower, much to Kagome’s chagrin before getting out and dressing in white skinny jeans and silver tank top with black sequins that formed a crescent moon. I combed my hair then piled it all into a messy bun before picking up my cell phone and dialing a number I knew by heart.

“Hello?”

“Hey Amy!”

“Megumi! It’s about time you called me, it’s been three days!”

“I know and I’m sorry, I’ve been spending lots of time with my cousin Kagome. I promise I’ll call when I can, but it might not be often. There are some things going on here, and I can’t tell you about them, but you have to trust me and know that I’m not ignoring you and that I do miss you. You’re my best friend and like a sister to me.” I sighed as I sat down on my bed.

Amy sighed, “Okay, I trust you. Just call me when you can, and fill me in on the things that you can talk about”, she laughed.

“Will do.”

I talked to Amy for a little longer before I finally hung up to search for food. Kagome was still in the bath, Souta was at school, and Aunt Mya and gramps were out and about. I opened the fridge and took out some leftovers.

“Looks like Aunt Mya made sushi! I love it when she does that, its so good.” I said to myself. I took out enough sushi, rice balls, and dumplings for me and Kagome and put them in the microwave (minus the sushi) then got two sodas for us. Kagome came down just as I set the food on the table.

“Looks like Mom made enough food for an army.”

“Or an Inuyasha”, I laughed.

We ate then went into the living room to watch TV. “So”, Kagome started, “what’s up with you and Sesshomaru. ‘I would have felt awful if I didn’t get to say a proper goodbye to you Sesshomaru-sama’”, she laughed as she tried to impersonate me.

“You do a poor job at trying to imitate my voice”, I rolled my eyes. “And nothing is going on, just some casual flirting. He doesn’t talk much, but he smirks a lot and I can read his eyes. And sometimes he’ll look at me as if he’s undressing me with his eyes. It’s…hmm how do I put this…exciting. I know you’re probably thinking I’m crazy, but do you want to know what I have realized.”
Kagome nodded her head eagerly.

“When I’m around him, I feel alive again; he makes me forget my pain and heartache. And it’s the most wonderful feeling in the world. For just a few minutes, I’m my old self again.”
Kagome smiled, “I’m happy for you, Megumi.”