Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Resolve.

[Alex’s P.O.V.]

I walked into IHOP, the scent of grease meeting me as I stepped inside.

“Welcome to IHOP.” I looked up at the hostess as she greeted me. “Are you meeting a group?”

I nodded and smirked. “Yes, I am.”

She smiled at me before leading to the table. I could hear the group before I saw them. Stella and Kara were laughing.

“Here you are,” the hostess said to me. “Someone will be coming around soon to take your order.”

I slid into the booth next to Zack and Rian. On the other side of the booth sat Stella, Jack and Kara.

“It’s about time your ass got here. I’m effing hungry,” Rian said through his smile.

But I didn’t really care what he was saying. Stella and Jack were off in their own world. Again. And it was annoying the piss out of me.

“Geezus! Can’t we go anywhere without you two flirting the WHOOOOLE time?” I rolled my eyes.

Stella looked up at me. I don’t even think she noticed I was there until right then.

“Someone got rejected tonight,” Jack joked, snickering.

I snapped out of my jealous mode, quickly. “Kinda, yeah.” I ran my fingers through my hair. “Is there coffee in there?” I pointed lazily to the thermos on the table.

“Yeah.” Zack picked it up and passed it over to me, as I grabbed a coffee cup. “So, some chick actually rejected you?”

“Mhm.” I poured coffee into the mug, reaching for cream and sugar. “But I’m not done trying yet.” I quickly glanced up to Stella, hoping she would catch on.

“Atta boy.” Rian shoved me gently with his shoulder.

I smiled, sipping my coffee, then sitting back, pulling up my menu. “So, what’s everyone getting?”

“I’mmm getting the pancake platter,” Jack said, eagerly.

I looked over my menu. “And what about you, Miss Gardner?”

Her brown eyes jumped up as I said her name. “Um, I think I’m getting the Funny Face,” she mumbled.

Jack wrapped his arm around her, pulling her closer to him. “Adorable.” He kissed the side of her head.

I nodded in silent agreement, still looking at the menu. I could hear Kara and Zack talking to each other about the girl he went to prom with.

“Hey group,” I looked up to see a waiter standing over our table. “I’m Anthony and I’ll be your waiter tonight. Are you guys ready to order?”

*****

“Oh, my god! That was so good!” I slid down in the booth, stretching out my arms and legs.

“Oww! Asshole! You kicked me!” Kara’s face wrinkled up, angrily.

“Soooorrry. Someone must be about to start their lady time.”

She rolled her eyes. “Alex, you’re such an idiot sometimes.”

I gasped, holding in some laughs. “Hoooly crap! What did I do to you?”

“Nothing.” She mumbled. “I’m just ready to get out of here. I’m tired.”

I leaned my body against the side of Rian. “Will you come help me clean my house up? It’s trashed.” I pouted.

“Nooo way, dude. I’m going to bed.”

I looked over at Jack and made my puppy face, my head still on Rian’s shoulder. “Jaaaaack,” I whined, making pouty eyes, “will you help me?” He sighed. “Plllleeeeassssse? You’re my best best bestest friend ever and I looooooooveeee youuuu.”

“Ok ok.” He threw his napkin at me.

“Thank youuu.”

*This would be another chance to be alone with Stella. Maybe.*

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

I wanted to slap Alex. I didn’t want to go back to his house.

*I’ll probably just go straight home after I get to my car.*

As we all paid for our food and waited for change, I kept thinking about what Alex said. About the girl that rejected him but he was done trying to get.

*Was that me?*

Kara slid out of the booth after we got our money back and Alex did the same on the other side, our whole group walking out of the restaurant and to the parking lot.

“I’ll see you later, Kar.” I said, standing in front of Kara.

“Bye, sweetie. You text me if you need to.”

I wrapped my arms around her. “I will. And I’m sure I’ll need you plenty.”

We pulled away from each other and I waved at her as she walked away with Rian. I yelled bye to Zack because he was already halfway to his car.

Jack beckoned me to him as we started to his car. “You gonna stay and help me with Alex’s place?”

I sighed, rolling my eyes as we both hopped inside, closing the doors almost simultaneously. “I dunno. I’m tired.”

He started up the car and backed out of the parking space. “Are you?” He reached over, rubbing my thigh gently. “But the more people we have, the fast we get done and the more time we’ll get to spend with you.”

I giggled. “You’re so fucking corny, Jack. It’s almost 2am right now. I’m gonna have to go home as soon as we get done.”

“So you are gonna help?” He asked, looking over at me, briefly, before putting his eyes back on the road.

“Yeah yeah.” I placed my hand in his and he squeezed it firmly.

“Thank you, baby.”

*****

“Making the mess is so much better than cleaning it up,” Jack groaned as we walked into Alex’s house.

“I think I’m smell vomit.” I pouted, placing my left hand on my cheek. “You should have to clean this yourself, Gaskarth.”

I looked at him and he seemed disgusted, too. Neither of them moved.

“Okay. Where are your trash bags?” I asked, looking at Alex. I didn’t want to look at him and I didn’t want to talk to him. BUT he’s Jack’s best friend and this needed to get done.

“In the kitchen, under the sink. I’ll go…” He started for the kitchen.

“Oook. Let’s start picking up cups…and…whatever else is around here.” I looked back up at Jack from looking around the messy living room and envisioning the rest of the rooms…and outside. The thought of all the mess made me exhausted. I pulled my shoes off and sat them next to the wall.

Jack snickered out of the blue and I looked up at him. He was towering over me, like usual, when I didn’t have heels on. “Bossy Stella is pretty hot.”

“You are insane.” I shrugged off his comment. “You get started here. I’m gonna head outside and see what the damage is out there.”

Jack extended his arm. “Go right ahead.”

As I walked away, I felt a quick slap on my butt. “Heyy!” I laughed, turning around and pointing at him. “No, sir.”

His face fell a bit and he turned around, dragging his feet toward the center of the room. I skipped over to him quickly. “Hold on.” He turned back to face me and I stood up on my tiptoes, pecking him on the cheek gently. “Later.” I smiled, walking away from him, laughing to myself.

I walked down the hallway, toward the back of the house, sliding the back door open.

Red cups, water bottles, pieces of food (or something I thought was food) and other things littered the yard. I ran my hand across my forehead and down my cheek. “Ok,” I said to myself before bending down to start gathering cups.

After a while, I had 2 high stacks of cups in my hands and no trash bag. I walked over to pick up another cup, stepping into a puddle of something wet. “Ewww.”

I heard claps behind me and I turned around, a bit startled. “Nice.”

Alex was standing against the side of the house, trash bag over his shoulder. I shook my head, wiping my feet on dry grass before walking on my tiptoes over to him.

“Can I have that bag?”

“Picking up this trash in that sexy dress, what a shame.” Alex nodded to me, looking my body up and down.

“Just give me that bag.” I demanded, tired of him.

“Aww, I was gonna help you out.” He peeled the bag apart, opening it up.

“I –really- don’t need your help. Go help Jack or something.”

[Alex’s P.O.V]

Stella was pissed at me. Maybe, I’d gone too far. I just couldn’t help it. She was incredible to me.

“Jack’s fine on his own. I’ll just help you,” I grinned.

She turned her back and walked away.

“Stella, wait!” I walked quickly to catch up with her. “I screwed up, I know.”

“No, you don’t. You don’t know.” She snapped at me, tossing the cups at me.

Liquids splashed across my shirt and pants, cups falling all around me. Stella started walking towards the door.

“It’s so hot when you’re angry,” I called out.
♠ ♠ ♠
tried my hardest.
trying to get somewhere with this.
thank you wonderful people for staying with me.
<3
:)