Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Theme Song: Up and Up-Relient K.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

We pulled into the school parking lot and I swear Alex and Stella fought the WHOLE TIME!

“Well, at least I’m not a man whore whose dick will fall off in a matter of months!”

“Ooooh, burn!” Rian laughed.

“Ok,” I parked and turned off the car. “Everyone to their neutral corners. Damn!”

Stella got out of the car and froze.

As Rian and Alex got out of the car, I walked over to her.

“What’s up?” I asked, looking in the direction she was looking.

Grace and Ryan were standing on the sidewalk, next to the doors of the school.

“I so shouldn’t have eaten today.” She whispered.

They had screwed this girl up, but she was with me now and they weren’t getting away with it.

*I mean, she’s not with me…but I feel like I should protect her.*

Just like if anyone messed with my band. Hell no. That’s not how it goes down.

“Stella, look at me.”

She looked up at me.

“I’m right next to you the whole way.”

*I mean that more than she knows.*

Rian walked over. “And I don’t even know the dude, but if he crossed you, I’m willing to kick his ass.”

She smiled at him, too and he nodded his head at me.

“Why don’t you just paralyze him with your teen witch-y bitchy-ness?”

She glared at Alex.

*I know that he defends her though.*

We all surrounded her. I was on her left, Rian was on her right and Alex covered the back. I glanced back at him.

*Stop looking at her ass, Alex.*

We walked up to the building.

Rian whispered something to Stella and she lit up and started laughing. She poked my side and giggled like a little girl. I looked at her, shocked and I was trying to poke her and she stopped walking, causing Alex to smack into her. She was dying laughing. He looked pissed and I’m sure she loved it.

“Aww, I’m sowry Alwex.” She said in a baby voice.

“Oh, I bet you are.” He chased her into the school and Rian walked in after them, but before I strolled in, I saw Ryan and Grace looking and me.

I just flipped them off.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

Alex was chasing me and Rian wouldn’t help me get away.

I saw Jack walk in.

“Jacccck! Help me!” I yelled and ran behind him, holding onto his waist.

He was laughing, too. “Dude, leave her alone.”

“Ha ha!” I yelled at Alex and stuck my tongue out at him.

I hugged Jack from behind. “Oh, and p.s.,” He turned around to face me. “Thanks for totally rearranging my phone. I loved my alarm ringtone.”

His face seemed to light up. “Had you ever heard that song?” He asked.

“No, who was it?”

“Forever The Sickest Kids.”

I looked at him, blankly.

“Oh, short stack,” he put his arm on top of my head and I scowled at him. “I’m gonna have to let you hear some real music.”

“Ohh, okk.” I said, sarcastically, stepping away from him so that his arm wasn’t on top of my head anymore. “I’ve got to go to my locker.”

I always hated that Alex’s locker was close to mine. But at the moment, he wasn’t there. He was probably flirting it up with some chick. I looked at my phone to see
the time, smiling at Jack’s goofy face.

*****

The lunch bell finally rang and I kinda freaked. The last couple of weeks, I either skipped out on lunch or sat outside and ate alone. I figured I would do that again, no big deal. I’d just shut my locker and was totally thinking to skip out on lunch when Rian came out of nowhere.

“Hey Stella.” I smiled at him.

“Are you sitting with us today?”

I thought about it.

“Well, I can if yall don’t care.” I said, cautiously.

“Yes, come on. My girlfriend wants to meet you.”

I smiled as we walked to the cafeteria together.

We got out food and Rian led me to their table. There was a beautiful girl sitting there next to Alex and across from Jack.

“STELLAR STELLA!” Jack yelled.

It seemed like the whole caf got quiet after he did that.

“Jack…you are…just so…vociferous.” I sat down next to him.

The girl laughed. “So you’re Stella? I’m Kara.” She smiled at me. “I’ve heard so much about you.”

I blushed a bit, I’m sure. “What have you heard?”

“Oh, definitely only good things. But what I’m wondering is how you ended up
with this crew.”

I looked at Jack. “Well, this crazy kid saved me from that pervert,” I glared at Alex. “And then, he was just at the right place at the right time.”

“I’m not a pervert.” Alex pouted.

“Yes you are.” Kara and I said at the same time. We busted up laughing.

“Wow, there is WAY TOO much estrogen at this table.” Jack grumbled.

“And you love it,” I said to him.

He rolled his eyes. The lunch bell rang again.

“Hey girl,” Kara said, “We’ve got to hang out sometime. I like you.”

“I think that can be arranged.” I said as we walked to the trash can.

******

It was finally the last period of the day and I was dreading it. Every day since I found out about Grace and Ryan, I’d been sitting by Grace and she would act like everything was peachy keen. It drove me insane. If she didn’t intimidate the hell out of me, I would tell her off.

I walked into class and there she was, sitting there, smiling at me.

*God, you’re so disgusting.*

I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“You’re sitting next to me today.” It was Jack.

I smiled as he squeezed in front of me. I saw Grace’s face fall and I didn’t feel a bit sorry. At all.