Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Getting Over It.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

When I got home, I didn’t want to stay inside. I went to my room just to grab my acoustic guitar. I went back to the front porch to play. Playing calmed my thoughts. I could just focus on the music and nothing else.

My mom came walking up to come into the house.

“That sounds really good, baby.”

I looked at her. “Thanks.” I continued strumming.

She smiled at me and started to walk into the house.

“Hey, Mom?” She turned around to answer me. I stood up, my lips pursed. “Do you think I’m a good guy?”

Her eyes glistened and she sighed, putting her hand on my cheek.

“Jack, I think you are an amazing guy. You’re talented and handsome. You’ve got so much ahead of you. Don’t you ever doubt that you’re anything less than wonderful.”

I grinned. “Thanks, Mom. I love you.”

She stood up on her tiptoes to kiss my forehead. “I love you, too.”

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

I’d gotten back home, thinking about what Kara said and how I felt. I did miss Jack. A lot. So, I decided to call him. It was about 9pm, so I knew he would still be up.

My hand shook as I found his number and pressed CALL.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

I was still outside, strumming and humming when my phone rang. I looked down at the caller I.D: Stella.

My heart pounded as I answered.