Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Chill.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

We’d found some amazing dresses, but there were 2 dresses I just couldn’t choose from.

“Ok, let’s just put them on hold and come back tomorrow. Don’t stress over them and the right one will come to you.”

“You’re so good at this, Kara. Thank you SO so much for coming with me.” I side-hugged her.

“No, come on. We’ve got some band boys to hang out with. I know you’re like withdrawing from fighting with Alex.”

“Shut up, Kara! You’re just rushing to stick your tongue down Rian’s throat.”

She nodded. “Yeah. You’re right.”

“Eww, gross!” I scrunched my face up. “I was kidding…”

“Hey, don’t knock it till you try it, sweetie.” She stuck her tongue out at me. I chased her out the doors of the mall.

*****

We drove to Alex’s house and walked in to see them, laying on couches and the floor.

“Seems like band practice went well.” I walked to the couch, sitting in between Zack and Jack. Rian was sitting on the floor, leaning back on the couch and Alex was in the recliner. Kara slumped down next to Rian, whispering to him and kissing him.

“So…Zack…” I turned my head, looking at him. “And Jack!” I turned my head toward Jack. “Zack and Jack, Jack and Zack.”

I was bouncing in my seat, singing their names. Zack was cracking up and Jack was bouncing with me.

“I love that song!” Jack grinned at me. “Yeah, what can I say? I’m musically inclined, too!” I smiled in his face, then leaned on Zack’s shoulder.

“Anyway, how are you, dear heart?”

“I’m good, sweetie.” He put his arm around me. “You smell good.”

“Thanks. I shower.”

I heard Jack ‘humph.’ I looked at him and he was pouting a bit.

*Is he jealous?*

I straightened up and Zack brought his arm down. My leg was touching Jack’s leg and I guess when I sat up, I nudged his leg. He nudged back, starting a nudging war. I nudged him again and shoved him. Then it turned into a shoving war. I giggled at little. At some point, he poked me and I squealed.

“Hey, if yall don’t quit flirting, I’m gonna puke.” Zack stated.

I stopped, blushing like crazy.

Things were awkwardly quiet for a moment.

“Augh! What are we watching?” Kara whined.

“Alex had the remote last time I saw,” Jack said, looking over to Alex. I looked, too and he was totally asleep.

I thought maybe someone would just walk over and grab it, but no. Jack just threw a pillow at him, hitting him on his chest.

“Hey Sleeping Beauty, toss over the remote!” Jack yelled. Alex grumbled under his breath, tossing the remote in our direction. I ducked close to Jack.

“Oww! Bitch!”

I figured it hit him somewhere. When I looked up, Alex was cuddling with the pillow, going back to sleep.

Jack was rubbing his forearm before passing the remote to Zack.

I leaned on Jack some more and after a while of watching TV, I was bored. Jack had his hand on his knee, so I decided to play with his fingers. I picked up his hand and turned it, palm up. I started tracing the lines on his hand and fingers.
I felt him lean closer to me.

“What are you doing?” He whispered in my ear.

I looked at him and his face was really close to mine.

“Playing with your hand.” I looked back down at his hand again, then back up at him. “I like how your hands feel.”

“You’re so cute.”

I rolled my eyes. I continued to play with his rough fingers, but he turned his hand over and starting playing with my hand. I sighed as his fingers went up my wrist and back down to my fingertips. He turned my hand over, putting his hand in mine, wrapping his big, bony fingers in my small ones.

“I like you, Stella. A lot.”

I looked up at him, into his gentle chocolate eyes. My heart was doing
somersaults.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

I just admitted to Stella that I liked her and she looked so happy. I’d found the real Stella I’d seen around school and she was everything excellent.

I heard her try to hold back a yawn.

“You tired?” I breathed into her ear.

“Uh-uh.” She shook her head as she opened her mouth to yawn.

“Liar.” The corner of my mouth turned up.

I unwound our fingers and put my arm around her, pulling her closer to me so she leaned on my shoulder.

“I’m not tired,” she whined.

“Sure, sure. Ok.”

I turned my focus to the TV. It was on SportsCenter. I looked around the room. Kara was asleep on Rian, who was starting to doze, too, but he was trying to fight it. Zack was out, too. I looked back down to Stella and her eyes were drifting. *She looked adorable as ever.* I started to yawn, too and decided that if everyone else was asleep, I might as well nap, too. I slumped down into the couch more, taking Stella with me as she situated herself again.