Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Sleepover.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

I was sitting in bed, internet surfing and listening to music. My eyes were getting tired. I’d checked my Facebook like 6 times. I closed my computer and turned my music down, and then I started to get settled in bed.

My mind raced over this afternoon and my lips tingled, remembering our kiss. My heart pounded and I couldn’t sleep. I looked at my phone. It was 2:46am.

Just as I thought about Jack again, my phone rang and vibrated.

<Are you sleeeeeping?

>Nope. What’s up?

I heard a rattling noise outside of my window. When I heard it, I jumped in my bed, frightened.

<Come to your window, silly.

I furrowed my eyebrows and tiptoed to my window, peeking out of my blinds. Jack’s sweet, silly face was looking back at me. My jaw dropped as I tried to be as silent as I could, pulling up the blinds and the old window.

“You creeper. What are you doing here?” I whispered, trying to fight the excitement that was causing my stomach to do flips.

“I couldn’t sleep.” He pouted.

“Oh, Jack…climb in, but please be quiet.”

Jack easily climbed into my room. Once he was in, I slowly and quietly closed the window and blinds.

I turned around to speak to Jack, but I was met with him standing directly in front of me.

“Hi,” he murmured. He slowly bent down, resting his forehead against mine.

I bit my bottom lip as my cheeks burned. “Hey.”

My breathing got shallow and he hadn’t even kissed me yet.

“I missed you.” His long, lanky arms wrapped around my waist. His beautiful eyes were inches from mine. As were his lips. The fact that he was that close to me made me wild, but I was totally blank at the moment. I couldn’t do anything, except smile.

He snickered silently. His head dipped down and he met my lips with his own, gently rubbing my back.

My knees got a little bit weak and I wobbled as we kissed. It was a good thing he was holding onto me.

“Wooah, you alright?” He asked with a small, mischievous smile.

I nodded my head. “Umm, yeah. I’m just…wow.”

I backed away from him to sit on my bed and he sat down next to me. I open my mouth to speak, but nothing came out, so I just sighed.

He nudged me a bit. “What?”

“You’re…here. At 3am. I dunno. You…umm.”

I placed my hands over my face.

“Don’t hide from me.” Jack poked me and I squealed, holding in laughter.

“DON’T…do that. My parents are right across the hallway…can you just honestly tell me why you’re here?”

“I just wanted to see you, Stel. Plus, I love the pink.” He looked around my room, smiling.

I smiled, too. “I’m sorry I’m so reluctant. It’s just that…I don’t want to do the wrong thing. I don’t want to run you away.”

I wanted to punch myself for word vomiting like that, but it was the truth.

“Stella, you aren’t running me away at all. You make me want to know you more.”

He took my hand and I got lost in his eyes again.

“You wanna go to bed?” Jack asked.

I started laughing to myself. Jack looked at me and he realized.

“Hey, I didn’t mean it THAT way. You’re disgusting.”

I gasped at him and hit his arm, playfully. “Am not! I’ve just been around you and Alex too long.”

He feigned surprised. “I am offended.”

“Shut up,” I laughed, trying to keep it under control. “Get up so I can pull my sheets down.”

I heard him taking off his shoes. Once I had my bedspread folded down, I slid in, yawning.

“Scoot over,” he whined.

“Climb over.”

He crawled into bed, straddling me for a second, before falling to the other side. I covered my face, laughing really hard.

“Calm down. I’m trying to sleep over here.”

I slapped his chest.

“Oww. Violent!”

I turned facing him and he was facing me, too.

“Goodnight,” I whispered.

He put his arm around me, kissing my forehead.

Within minutes, I was drifting off. He made me so comfortable.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

Stella was so sweet and so beautiful. That fact made my liking for her increase.

At some point, she scooted closer to me. I looked down at her, pushing her hair out of her face. Her sleepy eyes parted and a sleepy smile came over her lips.

“Are you ok?”

I nodded my head yes. “Go back to sleep.”

She faded back into sleep mode, turning over so that her back was facing me. I put my arm around hers and she interlaced our fingers.

I started to fade into my own dreamworld.