Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Date Prep.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

I was really excited about tonight. I was taking Stella out tonight. I wasn’t gonna take her anywhere too fancy-smancy though. That was neither her or my style,
but I still wanted to look really nice.

I put on some black skinny jeans, a black Atticus tee with red lettering and a black blazer. I decided to wear my red converses and once I had them on, I
checked the time. 6:30pm.

I decided to start leaving while it was still a bit early. I ran down the stairs, taking two stairs at a time.

“Woah, slow down, son.” My dad announced. I skidded to a stop. “You’re pretty dressed up. Where are you up to?”

“Just out with a friend. No big deal.”

I tried to seem calm, but Dad didn’t buy it.

Neither did Mom. “Oh, I think it IS a big deal. You don’t get all calm when you’re
just going out with Alex or Rian or Zack.”

I hummed as I exhaled out of my nose. “I’m going out with a girl…Stella.”

Mom’s face lit up and Dad looked surprised.

“I didn’t know you were dating someone.”

I looked at him. “Yeah, kinda. But I gotta run. I’m picking up her at 7.”

I walked past them both, going toward the door.

“Have fun, Jacky.” My mom was way too excited for me.

I smirked and waved goodbye to them as I walked out the door.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

I had no clue what to wear. I didn’t want to overdress, but I wanted to look better than I do on a school day.

I rummaged through my closet and dresser drawers. I ended up finding some blue skinny jeans and a red shirt that said “Make the Stupid People Shut Up.” I threw them on, looking at myself in the mirror. I started applying some black eyeliner and I added a gold eyeshadow to add some glimmer.

I slid into some black flats, looking at myself in the mirror. My hair was a tragic mess. “Shit,” I mumbled. I picked up my brush and started running it through my
knotted hair.

Right before I got my red barrette in my hair, I heard the door bell ring.