Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Daddy's Girl.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

I stood outside of Stella’s house. After I rang the doorbell, I shoved my hands in my pockets and rocked back on my heels.

I couldn’t wait to see her. I knew she would look amazing tonight. I smiled to myself as I thought about her. I heard the door unlock and my smile widened.

But the face I expected to see wasn’t there. My body started shaking. I had to clear my throat in order to steady my voice.

“M-Mr. Gardner. H-hello.”

*I sound like a pussy.*

“Can I help you?” Mr. Gardner’s voice rumbled.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

I ran down the hallway quickly. I almost tripped over my own feet.

I saw Dad standing in the doorway. Because he was so short, I could see Jack’s forehead.

*Poor Jack must be having a heart attack.*

“Hey Dad. I see you’ve met Jack. Awwwesome.” I stood behind him, grinning. “Well, see ya later.”

I tried to step past him, but he blocked the way.

“No. You,” he glanced at Jack. “Sit.” He looked over to our couch.

“Oh, no,” I whispered.

I looked at Jack as he closed the door, walked inside and sat on the couch as he was told. His face was as white as snow.

I was starting to panic, too. But like an angel from Heaven, my mom walked into the house in her workout clothes.

“Hey guys. Why is the door unlocked?” She looked from me to Dad to Jack and back to me, in a second. “Hello Jack,” she said, politely.

“Hi, Mrs. Gardner.”

“Hey Mom. Jack and I were just about to go hang out…”

“Not until I talk him first,” my dad interrupted.

I sighed. It annoyed me so bad that my dad was trying to be intimidating – and succeeding. I know he wanted to protect me, but he might be going a bit too far this time.

“Well, baby, why don’t you come with me while they talk?”

*No, Mom. You’re supposed to be on MY side.*

I stood there, trying to object, but she guided me out of the den.

“I need help folding clothes.”

I felt so bad for Jack. I tried to sneak a peek at him before I couldn’t see him anymore.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

I swear I was about to shit my pants. Stella and her mom just left me with the most frightening man in the world.

My body was tense as I sat on the couch. Mr. Gardner was just staring at me.

“So, your name is Jack?” he asked.

“Yes sir. Jack Barakat.”

He nodded his head once, not taking his eyes off of me, but I didn’t look away
from him either.

“You’re here to take my daughter out?”

“Yes sir.”

Mr. Gardner leaned up in his recliner. “Look, Jack. Just a few months ago, some boy broke my little girl’s heart.” I listened to him intently. I knew he was talking about Ryan. “It killed me seeing her like that. Now, if you have any intentions of screwing around with my daughter and breaking her heart, you need to leave right now.”

I really appreciated that fact that Mr. Gardner put Stella and her feelings first.

“Mr. Gardner, I have no intentions of breaking Stella’s heart at all. I saw how much she was hurt before. I never want to see her that sad again.”

Mr. Gardner stood up and as he did, I stood, too.

“Great, so we’re on the same page?” He held his hand out to me to shake. I shook his hand and he had a very firm grip.

“Yes sir.”

He let go of my hand. “Alright then, sir. You stay here. I’ll go get Stella.”

As Mr. Gardner walked away, my body shook immensely. But he seemed like a good man. A good man that could and would hunt me down if I hurt Stella.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank yall for the comments.
They makes me feel super accomplished.
Love.