Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Assessing The Damage.

[Stella’s P.O.V]

I’d just sped away from the mall, but I needed someone to talk to. I picked up my phone, scrolling through my address book. I pressed call.

“Zachary, I know I just left, but can I talk to you? Can I meet you somewhere? P-please?” My eyes stared filling with tears and I was starting to choke up.

“Yeah, sweetie. Meet me at the park?”

*****

I parked my car, getting out and walking slowly, aimlessly.

I saw Zachary’s car pull in and I stood, waiting on him. He looked so solemn, but I know I did, too. He stood in front of me, hands in his pockets.

“Zachary, I freaked out on her.”

He nodded his head, agreeing. “Yeah, you did. Hardcore.”

I sighed, covering my face. “Shit. I hate it. I hate her for trying to ruin my life and get the best of me.” I started to cry and Zachary freaked out.

“Stella, no. Please don’t cry.” He bent down to my eye level.

I kept my face covered up. Everything was quiet for a while, only my sniffling and rugged breathing disturbed the silence.

“Would it help if I told you that you straight up dominated that fight?” I could hear Zachary smiling.

I smiled, laughing a bit, too.”No.” I nodded my head, bringing my hands down.

“You straight up kicked her ass!” He said, proudly. “I know I’m proud, the proudest. But when Alex and Rian and Kara find out…” He grinned.

“Oh, dear God.” I thought about that. I thought about how everyone would find out. My parents, my sister, my old friends, everyone at school. I groaned at every thought, but the thoughts I feared the most were Jack’s thoughts.

We walked toward a bench and sat down. I sat close to Zachary and he put his arm around me. I sighed again. “What are you thinking, Stel?”

I sighed before speaking. “I have anger management issues?” I stated it more like a question, looking up at him.

“No way!” he said, forcefully. “She keeps trying to take things…people, that are yours. I think it’s hot that you fought for yourself, for something you wanted.” I bit my lip, listening. “And if I was Jack, I would have the biggest hard-on.”

I gasped, laughing and slapped Zachary’s chest. He laughed and I knew he didn’t feel a thing.

“What?! Seriously. It was hot!”

I giggled, sitting up straight. Zachary put his arm back down in his lap.

“So you don’t think he hates me?”

“He better not! I’LL kick HIS ass!” He smirked.

“Thank you, Zachary.” I poked his arm.

We stood up and he escorted me back to my car.

“You’re pretty much the best.”

He rolled his eyes. “No, I’m the bomb!”

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

I couldn’t get my mind off what happened today. I’d been in bed since May and I left the mall. My phone rang and vibrated. Once again, I hopped up to grab it, hoping it was Stel. The caller I.D. said Zack.

“What’s up, bro?”

I humphed, falling back down on the bed. “Just laying in bed, man.” I ran my fingers though my hair.

“What the hell happened today, man? I mean, Stella wailed on her, but why?”

I thought back to the few moments before, recapping for him. “I went with May to the mall, went to Hot Topic, got a few things and when I came out of the store, Grace bumped into me…or I bumped into her…or we ran into each other…” I groaned, rubbing the bridge of my nose with my free hand. I couldn’t remember the exact actions, but I kept going with the story. “I wasn’t even gonna talk to her, bro. But she fooled me. She said she wanted me to talk to Stella, because she missed her best friend. Then she started saying about how she was never attracted to Ryan in the first place and shit…” I paused to remember as best I could. “Then she told me I was a great guy and she put her nasty hand on my thigh.”

Zack made a gagging noise, which I totally agreed with.

“I guess when I yelled, I got Stella’s attention…and she pounced on Grace like a fucking spider monkey.”

“It was a long time coming,” Zack said. “Stella should’ve been pissed off.”

I agreed, sitting up to lean against my wall. “Grace is so jealous of her, but Stella can obviously defend herself.”

“Oh, definitely.”

“But I know she’s afraid to talk to me.”

Zack sighed out a laugh. “Maybe it’s time for you to use your ‘I’m a hottie in a band’ card.”