Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Family Visitors.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

After I got back from dropping Stel off, I started playing videogames with Joe.

“Dammit, Jack. You’re killing me!” He shouted.

I shrugged, smirking, eyes still on the screen. “Well, that is the point of the game.”

“One more time,” Joe requested. He started to choose the different stages and terrains.

The front door opened. I looked back and it was Mom and Dad.

“Oh, my son!” Mom said through a joyous smile. Joe got up to hug her tightly. “Hey Mom.” Then he moved over to hug Dad.

“Now, where is May?” Mom asked, looking at me.

I shrugged. “Out doing girly shhh – stuff.” I grinned.

“Well, I’ve got a surprise for yall when she gets here.”

*****

I grumbled as Mom spoke.

“Jacky, don’t do that.”

“I don’t want to go to Elkridge this weekend.”

“Your grandmother hasn’t seen all 3 of you together in months. We’re just going to visit her. You know how much fun you have up there!”

I looked to Joe, then to May. They looked kinda pissed too, but they didn’t say anything. I decided to close my mouth, too. I finished my dinner in silence as
Mom and Dad caught up with Joe.

*****

After dinner, I went upstairs to call Stella.

“Aww, really?” She asked, sounding sad.

“Yeah, it’s gonna suck. There’s nothing to do up there. And there isn’t any service where she lives. Augh. Annnd…I’m gonna miss you.”

She giggled. “I swear to you, when you get back, I’ll be ready and waiting for you.” I smiled at that. “And maybe, you know, you’ll have fun.”

“Hey, maybe I can just stuff you in my suitcase!” I suggested.

“Umm, that would rule. Except for the fact that I need air and need to be feed. And I have a family that just might wonder where I am.”

“Damn, you are high maintenance, right?” I teased her.

“Booger eater. Really. Don’t set yourself up for a bad time. Enjoy yourself. Take a breath from the fast life. Chill with your grandma. I know she just loves you to death.”

“Uh huh. And I love her too.”

“I know it. I won’t be bad. I promise!” She sounded so sure.

“If it’s not, I’m gonna get you when get back.”

‘’OoOoOh, I’m soOoOo scared.” She mocked.

I continued talking to her until about 12:45.
♠ ♠ ♠
writing another story at the moment.
so, i'm brainstorming for this story and the other.
i have a good idea for this one, i think.
and i hope you're ready for it.