Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Welcome Back, Barakat.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

I stood in my room, looking in the mirror. I borrowed Rose’s black strapless dress and added a skinny red belt to the waist, then I added a favorite black heels.

Kara texted me a bit after she talked to me on the phone, letting me know that I should get there early to surprise Jack.

I walked to bathroom to brush my teeth and get a bit better light to add my eyeliner.

“Wow, Stel. You look awesome.” Rose stood outside the bathroom door, looking at me. “Hold on…” She walked away and came back with a black headband with a flower on it. “Put this on.”

I slid the headband on and looked in the mirror.

*Of course, on a day that I look pretty, I feel like shit.*

“Stella, are you ok?”

I turned to Rose and smiled slightly. “Yeah. I’m fine. Just thinking about seeing Jack.”

“He still makes you this nervous?”

I nodded.

*Lie.*

“Oh, young love.” She grinned. “Have fun tonight.”

*****

As I drove to Alex’s house again, I realized Alex’s shoes were on my floor board.
I sighed. I had all intentions to ignore him, but I have to get him his nasty shoes back.

As I pulled next to the curb, only a few cars were in front of the house. Before I got out of my car, I grabbed the shoes and then I shut and locked my door. My heels clicked again the concrete and I knocked on the door before walking inside the house.

I saw the crew: Rian, Kara, Zack and Alex. Alex was the only one that wasn’t on the couch, but in the recliner.

“STELLA!” Kara yelled. She hopped from the couch and over to me, hugging me tightly.

I hugged her back, plastering a half-real and half-fake smile on my face. “Hey, silly. You just talk to me on the phone like 2 hours ago.”

“I know. But I still missed you. Come, sit down. Alex is keeping tabs on when Jack gets here.”

Before I followed her toward the couch, I dropped Alex’s shoes next to the door. I squatted down to sit on the floor, locking my heels together.

“Stellar, you can sit up here with us. There’s plenty of room.” Zack said down to me.

I crooked my head up to look at him. “Oh, thank you. But I’m good down here.” I turned my head to look at the TV. Alex was continually flipping through channels, not stopping to look at anything in particular. It was annoying.

“How close is Barakat?” Zack asked.

“Umm, I think he just got home, so as soon as he can get away from there, he should be here.” Alex responded.

I looked at him as he spoke as his eyes moved toward me, I looked away, focusing on some commercial.

“Stella, you should text him and make him hurry up.” I could hear the smirk in his voice.

I looked back up at him. The look in his eyes was nothing I’d seen before. It wasn’t a scary one or angry one. I didn’t recognize it, but the smirk on his face said that he was being playful.

“He’ll…get here when he gets here.” I said, softly.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

Alex kept texting me. Over and over again. He kept telling me we had an emergency band meeting. And that I had to get to his house as soon as I could.

I was worn out and I just wanted to spend the rest of my evening with Stella. But I told my parents that I would be back as soon as I could, after I met for whatever Alex was texting about.

I pulled around the corner to his house and saw a bunch of cars around his
I parked next to the curb and walked toward the front door, hearing loud music.

*What the hell?*

When I walked in, I saw a bunch of people walking around and dancing. I was kinda confused. Alex walked toward me with a beer.

“What is all this?”

“A huge party for you, man. This weekend was shit without you!” He handed me the beer and hugged me.

I laughed. “Really, dude? That’s all you had to say! I thought something important was going on.”

“What is more important than a party?” Alex yelled, dancing away from me. “Go ahead and enjoy it, dude! We might play a small set later!” He turned away, dancing around like a fool.

I laughed to myself.

*Ok. Now, to find Stella. I know she’s here somewhere.*

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

I really wanted to wait up front for Jack, but Kara pulled me away to dance with her. We had moved closer to the back of the house.

“Kar…” I yelled over the music. “I’m gonna go see if Jack is here!” She nodded to
me, understanding.

I pushed through people, trying to get to the living room. As I walked through the hallway, some people I recognized stopped to talk to me a bit and I smiled and talked back with them. As I started to keep going, I felt some hands on my hips. I got giddy.

*Jack.*