Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Covergirl.

[Jack’s P.O.V.]

I saw Stel’s little body walking down the hallway. I quickly rushed her way, putting my hands on her hips, trying to surprise her.

She turned around quickly, a beautiful smile on her face. Her arms immediately wrapped around my neck. I laughed so happy to see her.

“Hey gorgeous,” I whispered in her ear, kissing below it gently.

“Hiiii,” she sang sweetly.

We pulled away from each other gently, my hands still on her hips.

I looked down at her. “Wow, Stella. You look…” I looked back into her eyes, thinking of the words.

A smile was plastered on her face. “I wanted to look cute for you. This weekend felt like forever.” She slowly inched close to my body again.

“You look more than cute,” I said, through a big grin.

“Yeah?” She wrapped her arms around my neck, standing on her tiptoes.

“Fuck yeah.” I ran my fingers across the small of her back. Leaning down to kiss her, my heart skipped a beat. I loved the way she seemed to get a little bit anxious about kissing me, but then she got really into it. Without interrupting the kiss, I backed into the wall. Stella’s hips pushed against mine as I felt the wall against my back. She gently removed her lips, her tongue running against my upper lip.

My body shivered. I leaned forward, leaning my forehead against hers. “You shouldn’t start something up that you can’t finish, little girl.”

She grinned. “Who says I can’t finish it?”

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

I stared at Jack, taking on his challenge.

I felt so much better now that he was around. I felt like everything was right and I was alright and the incident was Alex never happened.

Jack’s eyebrows rose. “Really, now?”

I wanted to be really into Jack. I wanted to prove to him that he really meant the world to me.

He kissed the top of my head. “Come sit with me.”

Jack took my head and led me through a crowd of people. I supposed he was looking for a free space to sit. As we walked together, I saw Alex looking at us. He winked at me.

“Can we go in the backyard?” I asked, tugging on Jack’s hand.

He turned us around and we walked to the backyard. The air was warm, but not humid. It felt nice to be outside, the fresh air feeling good on my lungs.

Jack sat down in an open lawn chair. He wiggled his finger at me. I sat down on his lap and he wrapped his arm around my waist.

“Tell me about your weekend,” I requested, looking down at him.

“It wasn’t half bad. I missed Grandma.” He smiled, remembering something. “She makes amazing Strawberry Cheesecake. I loved it. I had a lot of fun.”

I smiled smugly. “Told ya so!”

Jack growled playfully. “Hey. Don’t say that. I just got comfortable here. I didn’t wanna leave.”

“But you did. And you had fun. Like I knew you would.” I bared my teeth at him, smiling hard.

“That’s how you’re gonna be?” Jack asked, his fingers poking my side, making me squeal.

“Ummm?” I put my finger to my lips, pretending to think. “Yeah!”

Jack started tickling me hardcore and I squirmed in his lap, giggling and squeaking.

“Ok, ok, ok. I’m sorry.” I jumped up away from him.

“Aww, now come back.” He pouted. I slid back onto his lap. “What did you do this weekend?"