Status: readers = heroes.

Thank You for Saving Me

Pressure.

[Stella’s P.O.V.]

My brain froze and my body tensed when Jack asked me about my weekend.

*Oh, I just made out with your best friend! But no big thing…*

“Umm, nothing really. I just hung out with Rose. She wanted to go to the mall one day…but loser chick me can’t do that, so that kinda ruined her plans.”

“Wow,” Jack sighed. I looked down at him, worried. “That sounds like the most boring weekend ever. How did you survive without me?”

I rolled my eyes as he smirked up at me. “Whatever.” I shoved his chest gently.

He took my hand, pulling me closer to him. I looked down at him, my eyes scanned his eyes, down to his nose and then to his lips. “Well, there was that moment that I just thought ‘If Jack doesn’t get home soon, I’ll just die!’” I pecked his lips gently.

He snickered. “I figured. I wouldn’t know what to do without me either.” He made a move to kiss me, but I moved my head away and lifted my body off his lap.

“You wish, Barakat.” I nibbled on my bottom lip as I stepped away from him.

“Where ya going?” He asked, watching me walk away.

“I gotta potty. I’ll be back.” I turned around to walk into the house.

I squeezed through the crowds, climbing the stairs to get to the upstairs bathroom. I walked to the end of the hallway, knocking on the door. Someone was already in there, so I waited for them to come out. I leaned a shoulder against the cool wall, thinking about how happy I was now. Everything was just better with Jack.

I felt a sudden breeze of warm air and I felt some lips kiss the top of my left shoulder.

“You couldn’t just wait til I came back?” I said through a smile, turning around.

I was jolted by surprise when my eyes saw a pair that weren’t Jack’s.

“Alex.”

“It’s so not fair that you look this good for Jack.”

I looked at him, confused. “What do you mean? He’s my boyfriend.” I emphasized the ‘boyfriend’ part, hoping he would get it.

“I know. But I still see you and it makes me jealous. You’re too fucking gorgeous.” Alex ran his warm finger across my bony shoulder, leaving a tingling feeling after he brought his hand down.

“Get a grip, Alex.” I started walking away from him, ignoring my need to pee.

I could just feel him smirking, watching me walk away. I turned to look at him before I walked down the stairs. Sure enough, he was smirking, his hands shoved in his pockets. I looked away as I walked down the stairs.

*****

The guys played an acoustic set for people at the party that wanted to listen.

Everyone stood outside listening to Alex sing and Jack played the rhythm.

I stood back, holding a cup, watching the boys play.

*What the hell was happening? As soon as I get into this good, great, amazing place with Jack…and here comes Alex, out of the blue, starting some shit that I don’t even understand. And…I’m slightly amused by it.*

“Hellooo? Stella?” I stepped out of my thoughts to see Kara looking at me. “What are you thinking about?”

I shook my head, shaking my thoughts away. Especially my thoughts of Alex. “Nothing.” I smiled at her.

“Lies. What’s up?” She looked at me, concerned.

I shrugged. “I dunno. I was just thinking about everything.”

“So Jack is everything now?” She smiled. I laughed at that.

“…Can I tell you something?”

Her face switched to serious mode, her lips making a tight line. “Yeah.”

“It’s about…um, Alex?”

Her eyes almost popped out of the sockets.

“Chill, Kara. I haven’t even said anything yet.”

“Then get to talking!”

“Ok. So…” I exhaled. “Um…Alex went to Adam Wallace’s party and got flipping trashed, so he called me to pick him up.” I looked at the ground as I continued the story. “He…uh…ended up staying at my house and we kissed…” Kara gasped. “But it didn’t mean anything to me, but now, he’s all acting all weird and…I dunno.”

I looked at Kara and the look she gave me made me feel sick. “He likes you, Stella! I told you. I knew it. And the fact that you kissed him just started a whole bunch of shit that you aren’t even ready for.”

I covered my face with my free hand. “This is so bad. Jack means everything to me. And stupid me screwed that up. I can’t handle Alex and whatever he’s doing or…” I exhaled again. "What did I start?"
♠ ♠ ♠
why the [bleep] are there 98 chapters to this story?
haha. oh.em.gee.
it's like a monster that's getting out of control.