Never Back Down

Andy

Two days later I decided to just leave. I was only making things worse for myself by staying in this town any longer. I didn’t want to stay here and feel my heart break even more and feel the pit of my stomach empty out any more. I just needed to leave and try to forget Snowden.

I just need to forget him…

After getting some coffee I got Keely and took her to the park before getting in the car for the long drive back to California.

We had been in the park for a while when out of the corner of my eye I saw Snowden.

I finished off my now cold coffee and threw it in the trash before coaxing Keely up from her spot on the grass by the bench I was on.

The last thing I wanted right now was to run into him here and have to face him after the embarrassment of the other day.

Keely and I had started to walk away from Snowden when I heard him calling my name.

“Dammit.”

I closed my eyes and willed him to just go away.

But he just called out my name again; this time his voice was closer.

I sighed before slowly turning around to see Snowden just feet away from me. A small smile crossed his gorgeous face, making heart skip a beat. We stared at each other for a few minutes before Keely knocked Snowden’s hand gaining his attention.

Snowden laughed before crouching down to pet Keely who soaked up the attention. I just watched him and how he interacted with Keely. I saw how happy he was around her and how much he must love at least dogs. Keely was so happy to be getting attention that I just let them be for now.

After a few minutes of watching Snowden pet and shower Keely with love he realized I was still there and he quickly stood up. Keely butter his leg but he didn’t do anything this time.

“Hey Andy”

“Hello”

Snowden shifted from foot to foot before clearing his throat.

“Look I…I was doing a lot of thinking yesterday and I...I realized I’ve never been very nice to you or really gave you a chance”

I quirked my eyebrow at him and nodded my head so that he would continue.

“I…I would like to be friends.”

My mouth dropped open and I stared at Snowden in shock and wonder.

What the hell? Where was this coming from?

Before I could stop myself I spoke, “Who the hell are you and what have you done with Snowden?”

I mentally slapped myself while Snowden let out a shaky laugh

“I guess I sort of deserve that.”

“Sorry…”

“No it’s okay, don’t apologize.”

“Okay.”

I stared at Snowden for a few minutes before starting to turn around so I could walk away from him.

“Well if that’s all I should really go. I’m leaving to go home today”

Snowden glanced down at his shoes before meeting my eyes, “Oh really?”

“Yeah”

“Okay well…what do you say?”

“About what?”

“Us being friends”

“Oh…sure”

I didn’t know how this was going to end up but I would at least try to be friends with Snowden. He seemed to genuinely want to be my friend so why the hell not.

We swapped e-mails and numbers then before he said goodbye and quickly walked away leaving me utter confused.

I didn’t know what the hell was going on with that boy but it didn’t matter; for I had already decided to let him be for the most part. I was going to move on and forget about my feelings for Snowden. I was going to attempt to let Snowden go and move on.

I’m going to move on

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been two days since I had left Ashwood for home. Once I had gotten home after the long drive I had taken Keely for a quick walk before collapsing in my bed.

On the way home I had decided that I wasn’t going to be the first one to text, call, or e-mail. I was going to wait for Snowden to get in contact with me. If he was serious about becoming friends than he would have to prove it to me.

I wasn’t going to seem like the desperate one or the only one trying to be friends. Not after I had decided to move on and try to forget about him.

Whether or not we really became friends was going to be on him.

I’m not chasing him anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooooooooooo hi!
Man it's been a while! Here's the next chapter in our lovely story. I was going to get it done sooner but well...honestly I just didn't feel like writing when I had the time to write.

Sorry for the long break before updates started up again but shit happened.

I hope you all enjoy! Leave lots of lovely comments for us! Any predictions you guys have?

Also today is my birthday! Damn this past year went by fast. >.<