Stories In Scars

Just Don't Break His Heart... Kay?

“So... Grey...” Pete starts.

“Yeah?” I ask him.

“Ryan’s talked about you nonstop. Ever since he met you, which was only a few days ago. He says that he’s really falling for you. Just... Dont’ break his heart. Kay?”

“I would never do that. But everyone keeps telling me not to ‘break his heart’. Did his last relationship go sour? Or something?”

“Yeah. It was really bad. He got really depressed and withdrawn. He wouldn’t talk to anyone. And he didn’t seem like he liked Jen half as much as he likes you.”

“Oh. Wow.”

Ryan came back in.

Pete said, “Well, I should be getting back to my hotel. See you guys later.” He gave me a hug, and left.

“Ryan, I think I’m falling. I’m falling fast. And hard.”

“Me too.”

“I, I, I love you,” I tell him. Stuttering, of course.

“I love you to--”

I cut him off by pressing my mouth against his. We went into his bedroom and, well, I don’t need to tell you everything. You can use your imagination, right?

Again, I slept at Ryan’s house last night. I woke up early in the morning, took his car, and went to the grocer’s. He didn’t have any food whatsoever, and I felt like making breakfast. At the grocery store, I picked up some flour, chocolate chips, and a few other things.

Back at Ryan’s place, I got to work making chocolate chip pancakes. Smelling the chocolaty-goodness, Ryan came out into the kitchen.

“What’s that, babe?”

“Chocolate chip pancakes. Flapjacks. Whatever you call them.”

“Yum.”

He poured himself a cup of coffee (that I made), and sat down at the kitchen table. The pancakes were done, and I fixed him and myself a plate.

“These, Grey, are great. Amazing even.”

“Why thank you dear.”

Inbetween bites, Ryan said, “You know, I’ve been thinking. I know it’s soon and everything, but would you, maybe, want to move in with me? I mean, you’ve been over here a lot, which is a good thing. And, since you aren’t working, and going on tour with us, it might be better for you. And so we get to know each other better. You know?” He was trying to act all cool about it, but underneath, and in his eyes, I could tell he was nervous.

“Are you serious?!”

“Well, I wouldn’t be asking you if I weren’t,” He smiled.

“Yes! I would love that.”

“Well, we should start packing your things up then.”