Stories In Scars

Moving On

When we were at my place, my little, dumpy, barely unpacked place, Ryan called Pete and Jon.

“Hey, come over to Grey’s. Yeah, it’s not far,” he gave them directions, but didn’t tell them what they were going to do.

On the sofa, before anyone got there, we had a good old-fashioned makeout session. You know, like the ones when you were in high school. And, of course, then, in walks Jon and Pete.

“Can’t you guys get a room?” Jon asks, like a teenager.

“Well, technically, this is my place,” I tell him with a smile.

“So, what did you need us for?” Pete wonders.

“Grey’s moving. And you two are going to help her pack up and move,” Ryan explains.

“Where?” Jon questions.

“With me,” Ryan said with a smile.

“Ugh. You two are so sweet, it makes me sick,” Pete said.

“And... why are we doing this for you guys?”

I say with a cheesy grin, “Because you love us. That, and I’ll make you guys dinner. No pizza delivery tonight.”

“And she can cook,” Ryan adds.

That seemed to be enough incentive for the boys, because they got straight to work. There wasn’t much to put in boxes, since I hadn’t finished unpacking from when I moved here. Furniture didn’t need to be moved, since I was moving with Ryan, whose house is fully furnished. All that needed to be done was, basically, loading up boxes in a car and taking them to Ryans. And Jon had the biggest car.

When the guys were moving my shit, I went to the same grocery store I was at this morning. I picked up some pasta, tomato paste, tomato puree, tomato sauce, cottage cheese, motzarella, spinach, eggs, salami, meat, and soy cheese, for me. I would make lasagna tonight.

I also went to the home store and picked up a lasagna pan. Since Ryan doesn’t even have pasta noodles in his house, I highy doubted he would have a lasagna pan.

Back at his place, I went straight to work. Since Ryan gave me my own key, I could come and go as I liked. When the boys were just about done going back and fourth from my place to Ryan’s, the lasagna was just about done baking.

They all took quick showers, and I invited Brendon and Spencer over for dinner. When I told them what I had made, they quickly agreed.