Stories In Scars

I Hope You Can See Your Beauty Every Morning You R

At 9:00 the next morning, we had a soundcheck at our next venue, which we finished quite quickly.

To pass the time, we went to the Royal Museum. When we finished there, we went to some pub on the corner for a bite to eat. For once, no one recognized us. Which is mean to say, but nice.

We got to our venue about two hours before the show started. After some last minute tech stuff, we went and chilled out in our dressing room.

Ryan just came up with an idea. You could see it in his eyes. “We should tell people about the engagement!”

“What!?” I just about shout, shocked.

“Why don’t you want people knowing?”

“I mean, I do, Ryan, but people are going to think that I just slept my way into this.”

“Since when do you care what people think?” he asks me, while pulling me into his lap.

Brendon overheard our conversation. “This is big news. If you don’t let Ryan tell the crowd, then I will.”

I sighed. “Fine.”

Ryan went off in a corner to read and Brendon whispered in my ear, “I have an idea.”

Uh, oh. Brendon and ideas? Great...

We went for a walk around the venue to talk.

When we got out of hearing distance from the dressing room, Brendon said, “Since Ryan is going to be telling the world that you two are getting married, you should do a song for him!”

“Love it! But, what song?”

“Psh, I don’t know.”

“Such help, Brendon.”

After immersing ourselves in silent thinking for about five minutes, I had the perfect idea.

“Brendon, how about You Are The Moon by The Hush Sound?”

“That’s perfect! Just remind him that it’s what he was. Not what he is any more. Plus,” he said with a smile, “you don’t need us, so we get a little break.”

“Yeah, yeah. Oh, we I can do it right after Ryan says that we’re engaged!”

“Sounds perfect. Why don’t you go and practice it, while I tell Jon and Spencer.”

Thank god I could learn by ear pretty decently. After thirty minutes, I got the vocals and piano down, to where I was pretty damn happy with it. Didn’t sound bad at all. Or so Brendon said.

I had thirty minutes until I had to open, so I went backstage to go and change. Ryan did my makeup, and I went out and did my solo set.

Changing again, and getting my makeup redone, we all went on stage for the whole group set.

Right in the middle of the set, Ryan told the crowd, “I have some news for you all.”

They responded with loud cheers.

I went to go stand beside him.

“Grey and I... We’re getting married!” And with that, we kiss. Not a full kiss, since there was a crowd, but a kiss nonetheless.

At first, it was so quiet, I could swear I heard crickets chirping in the background. Then came cheers. No, not cheers. The crowd roared.

Somewhere, during ths period, Spencer, Jon, and Brendon slipped off stage.

“And now, since we suprised you, I have a suprise for Ryan.”

He gave me a true “what the fuck” look.

In his ear, I whispered, “Trust me.”

I sat down on the piano bench, and Ryan sat on the piano.

“Have you guys ever heard of The Hush Sound?”

Again, they cheered. Damn, would they be hoarse tomorrow.

“Well, this is a song from them, that I’ve never performed before, so excuse the mistakes. It also just happens to be dedicated to Ryan.”

I closed the introduction with a kiss, and started to play.

Shadows all around you as you surface from the dark
Emerging from the gentle grip of night's unfolding arms
Darkness, darkness everywhere, do you feel all alone?
The subtle grace of gravity, the heavy weight of stone


Ryan is just staring at me in disbelief. The crowd doesn’t matter anymore. It’s just me and Ryan.

You don't see what you possess, a beauty calm and slear
It floods the sky and blurs the darkness like a chandelier
All the light that you possess is skewed by lakes and seas
The shattered surface, so imperfect, is all that you believe


Now, I have tears falling down my face. I’m not looking at my hands anymore. All I see is Ryan. He’s also crying.

I will bring a mirror, so silver, so exact
So precise and so pristine, a perfect pane of glass
I will set the mirror up to face the blackened sky
So you can see your beauty every morning that you rise


Both of us are full out crying now. I get off the bench. He gets off the piano. We just stand in each other’s arms, never wanting this moment to end.

We regain our posture, after all, we have to finish this concert. Before going back to our places across stage, Ryan whispers in my ear, “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

The rest of the guys come back out, and we finish the show.

“We are Panic! At The Disco, thank you for coming, and goodnight,” Brendon closes.