Stories In Scars

No More Excuses, Boys

“Oh. Shit,” Ryan said, mouth wide open.

“I can’t believe this,” Jon said shocked. “Brendon and I were making out for, like, five minutes.”

“More like ten-ish,” Spencer cleared up.

Very tactful, Spence. You are now the king of tact.

Brendon just sat there, with his head in his hands. “What am I going to do?” he said, in tears. “I mean, Ryan and I do that shit on stage just for shock factor. And for screams. And just because it’s fun. But, now... I don’t know...” By now he was sobbing.

“Shh, Bren,” I said, taking him into my arms. “It’ll be okay. We’ll just tell them it was just a joke. We were doing it for the shock factor again. And we put them out there.”

“I... I don’t know...” Ryan said, shaking his head. “I don’t think that’ll work.”

“Me either...” Jon said.

“Okay then...” I say, ego slightly shot. “We’ll figure something out Brendon. You guys always do. We have five people to think up ideas.”

“This just fucking sucks,” Spencer muttered under his breath.

Ryan heard him and replied quietly, “No shit.”

“Okay, guys. I don’t want you to feel under pressure, but we sort of are. They could be out by tonight, and our first interview is tomorrow. I need to think of a reason why I was kissing all of you. So, just maybe, we could adapt the story to your guys’s reason.”

“Yeah..,” Ryan trailed off.

“You know what? I’ll be right back. Jon, you come with me,” I said, trying to think of something that will make the rest of them feel better. I then pointed to Ryan and Spencer, and then to Brendon. They got the hint to go sit by him and comfort him, like I was.

I went to the store, where I stocked up on ice cream, soda, Red Bull, and candy. I sent Jon to Starbucks. This stuff helps move along nasty break ups, so maybe it’ll help with this.

I handed everyone a half gallon of their favorite ice cream, and their favorite order from Starbucks. I put the soda, Red Bull, and candy on the counter.

Brendon was still sobbing, unfortunately. Spencer and Ryan, when I sat, went to their previous places to eat ice cream. Bren was shaking so much, he could barely feed himself. I was a very, very sad sight. (Or very funny. At a quick glance, it looked like four boys were PMSing.)

After five minutes of eating, everyone calmed down. Well, I suppose I was calm to begin with. I mean, I had to be. One of us still had to be partially sane in time of crisis. I couldn’t focus on my problems when theirs would affect their careers and lives more than mine.

“Now that everyone feels a bit better, any ideas?” I ask.

“We could tell them that,” Spencer said, “we were bored before a show. We were playing truth or dare. And, you, Grey started the kissing dares. And... We kept it going, like for a revenge type thing.”

“I think it’s more believable if we tell the spin the bottle story,” Ryan said sarcastically.

“Oh, we were giving each other CPR!” Jon shouted.

“The only problem is no one knows CPR,” Spencer said.