Stories In Scars

Unbelievable Reality

After forty-five minutes, we went back into the bus to get ready for the television interview. We all liked to look good for TV.

Ryan wore a white button down shirt, a black satin vest, a black skinny tie, dark jeans, and black boots. He did his hair how he liked, and put on a bit of eyeliner. He looked sexy, if I do say so myself. And I do.

Spencer wore a burgundy button down with a bleached skull in back, dark skinny jeans, and white shoes. No make up was worn, and it took him thirty minutes to do his I-just-rolled-out-of-bed hair.

Jon had on a black pea coat with a striped scarf. He wore his ever famous “mandels.” His hair was swooshy, but neat, and he cleaned up his beard a bit.

Brendon had on a black satin blazer with a brand new yellow Clandestine shirt underneath, jeans so tight that they looked sewn on, and Vans. Nothing special was done with his hair, and he was lazy, so he didn’t put on any makeup.

I wore a little black cocktail dress, with a sweetheart neckline and a tight skirt. Over that, I threw on Ryan’s gray jacket with the tassels. Ryan wanted to have some fun with my hair and makeup, so I let him go crazy. He straightened my hair and made it big with lots of volume and piecy. My makeup was done in blue grays with lots of liquid liner. Finally, I threw on some black pumps, and I was ready to go.

Arriving at the station, we were introduced to the interviewer, Sarah. We got started with the cameras rolling right away.

“Today, we are sitting with Panic! At The Disco and Grey Julius. Four gorgeous guys, and an even more gorgeous girl. How are you all doing today?” Sarah asked.

“Great.”

“Lovely.”

“Just dandy.”

“Fine.”

“Nice, thanks, you?”

“I’m doing well, thanks. So, your official tour started here in Dublin, but you did a show or two in Scotland. How’s it going so far?”

Ryan took this one, saying, “Great. The shows are great. The kids are great. The people we’re working with have been great. Everything’s just been wonderful.”

“Grey,” Sarah said, looking at me, “this is your first tour, right? And you just signed to Fueled By Ramen?”

“Yes,” I answer, “this is my first tour. It’s been amazing so far. And, yes, I did just sign to FBR and DECAYDANCE.”

“And, you and Ryan are engaged, no?”

Ryan and I just looked at each other and smiled.

“They sure as hell are,” Brendon answered for us.

“Well, besided Grey and Ryan, are you guys single?”

God, she was fucking nosy. But I guess that’s her job.

“Yup,” Brendon nods.

“Taken,” Jon said. “I have an amazing girlfriend.”

Yes, Cassie. I had only met her once, but she was great. It was amazing that she totally understood Jon’s touring and having to spend so much time with the band.

“I’m with Brendon,” Spencer answered. “I mean, I’m not with him, but... I’m single. There.”

“Well, we have to have a short intermission for Fall Out Boy’s new video for Thnks Fr Th Mmrs,” Sarah says to the camera.

The video plays, and we all know where the conversation is heading.

“So, if over half of you are taken,” Sarah says, “why are there pictures on the internet of you kissing each other? Grey kissing each one of you. Spencer and Brendon, Ryan and Brendon, and Jon and Brendon... Care to explain?”

I try to send out mental signals telepathically to remind the guys to breathe. But, it don’t think it’s working.

We all laugh nervously.

“Well,” Brendon begins, “we were bored, so we decided to play spin the bottle.”

“And,” I jump in, “we thought it would be funny to take pictures.”

“Then,” Spencer concludes, “our Sidekick backup site was hacked into, or something, and the pictures ended up on the internet.”

“We were just bored at soundcheck,” Jon adds.

“And we never thought it would end up like this,” Ryan finishes.

Well, that was painless enough.

“But, Ryan, weren’t you angry? I mean, your fiancee was kissing your best friends!”

“We are very confident in our relationship,” Ryan answers. “The kisses meant nothing. And doesn’t Grey have the same right to be angry with me since I kissed Brendon?”

Sarah stuttered. For once, she was at a loss for words.

“I-I-I suppose so... Anyways, this is Cute Is What We Aim For with the Curse Of Curves.”

As the video plays, I whispered in Ryan’s ear, “Are you okay?”

“Yeah,” he whispered back.

I kiss him just to make sure. I guess it was longer than I thought, because once the cameras were rolling again, Brendon tapped my shoulder to bring me back to reality.