Stories In Scars

"I Know That You're An Artist..."

“Well... I’m hungry,” Brendon says.

“We just ate mac and cheese not that long ago!”

“Yeah, well... I’m still hungry. Someone go grab a sandwich with me?”

“Sure, I’ll go,” Spencer said.

“Could you guys bring me back something?” Ryan asks them.

“Yeah, me too. Thanks,” I add.

“Sure thing,” they say and walk out the door.

“So...” Ryan says.

“So...” I repeat.

There was nothing we could really say to each other. Well, I wanted to say so many things to him, I just didn’t know how to. Suddenly, the words began pouring out of my mouth.

“Ryan, I don’t want to fight,” I tel him. “I don’t want to argue. I don’t want any of that shit. Goddammit, Ryan, I still love you. I just can’t go there. I wish I could, but I can’t. Not now. I don’t know if I ever can again.”

“I don’t want to fight either. I love you,” he tells me, wrapping me in a hug. I stiffen up at first, but then I hug back.

“Maybe, we could try again?” he asks me.

“Maybe. Just maybe.”

A loud thump came from the back of the bus. Then we heard Jon groan.

“Fell out of his bunk, I presume?” Ryan says with a smile.

“Ha, guess so.”

We made our way to the bunks, and see Jon on the floor rubbing his head.

“Okay, Jon, back in your bed you go,” I say, lifting him with the help of Ryan.

“Mhmmm,” Jon grumbles.

“We’re going to talk tomorrow, when you feel better. And I don’t care if you want to talk or not.” I tell him, and he nods and falls back asleep.

Moving our way back to the lounge, Ryan and I popped in a movie and waited for Brendon and Spencer to get back.

Somehow, by the middle of Vanity Fair, I was next to Ryan and his arm was around me. And I wasn’t urging him to get away. Strange...

Brendon and Spencer FINALLY came back after the movie was done.

They saw us sitting on the sofa, and smiled. I flipped them off and gave them a look that says, “We are in no way talking about this now.”

“What took you so goddamn long?” Ryan asked.

“Er... Long line?” Brendon suggested.

“Nice try,” I tell him, raising one eyebrow.