Status: Coming Slowly. . .Please bear with me

"I have a what?"

Just A Kiss Goodnight

Lunch was going great. Matt and Tegan were getting to know each other and no one was fighting. I was listening to the conversation Matt and Tegan were having.

“So when’s your birthday?” he asked.

“At the end of the month,” she replied.

“Which is,” Matt said.

“July 31st,” she said sheepishly.

“That’s really creepy we share the same birthday,” Matt chuckled.

“Well at least you can’t forget my birthday,” she grinned a cheeky grin at him.

“That is true,” he chuckled at smiled at her, “What’s your favorite album because I know you listen to your amazing father.”

Tegan just chuckled and I let out a little one too. They both looked at me and Tegan started laughing hysterically knowing that’s what put her too sleep when she was younger.

“What am I missing?” Matt asked me raising an eyebrow.

“When she couldn’t sleep at night I would put you guys on,” I smiled, “I told her that her daddy was singing her to sleep.”

“You’ve known about me since you were old enough to know huh?” Matt asked looking at Tegan.

“Yeah,” she said, “but I understood why my mom left. That’s why I’ve never really hated you until a few days ago when you mad Mom sad but now that everything is cool, we’re cool.”

“Good,” Matt chuckled, “You’re right Drea she reminds of myself when I was her age.”

“You have to tell your father about that nose ring of yours,” I said looking at Tegan and she shrank in her seat.

“What did you do?” Matt knowing the look I was giving her.

“I got my nose pierced without her knowing,” Tegan said, “I got Uncle Tom to sign for me.”

“How long were you grounded?” Matt asked smirking.

“A month,” she said, “and I had to cook for her for a week.”

“Yeah that sounds like your mother,” Matt replied.

When our food came, Matt smiled at me and I smiled back.

“Hey Tegan go play some video games,” I said handing her five dollars, “I want to talk to your father.”

Tegan shook her head took the five bucks and headed back toward Uncle Johnny’s office.

“So what did you want to talk about hot momma?” he asked smiling.

“You’re not going to leave Tegan right?” I asked looking at my hands.

“Why would I leave Tegan?” he asked.

“I don’t know,” I said looking at my hands, “She’s just happy that we’re all together at the moment and we’re all happy. She wants us to get back together and be a family and I just don’t want her to get her hopes up to have them squashed because you don’t want anything to do with us.”

Matt chuckled and pulled me closer to him.

“Drea I will never leave you or Tegan hanging out to dry,” Matt said making me look at him, “I want to be a family too. Now the question I have for you is do you want to get back together with me?”

“I do,” I said knowing I couldn’t lie to Matt or myself.

I missed Matt way too much to say that I didn’t want to get back together with him.

“No running away this time right?” he asked I leaned against him.

“No running away,” I chuckled as his kissed the top of my head.

“Does that mean you two are going to be moving in soon?” he asked.

“I don’t know Matt,” I said looking up at him, “Maybe after Tegan graduates this year. She’s so smart Matt. She skipped two grades in elementary school.”

“I thought she was going to be a sophomore,” Matt said shocked.

“Nope,” I replied smiling as she walked out of Uncle Johnny’s office, “She tested out of the first and second grade.”

“She got that from you for sure,” Matt said.

“She’s got your set of lungs though,” I said.

“Bullshit,” Matt said, “You had a set of lungs on you too in high school.”

“Shh,” I said, “Don’t tell Tegan that. I never told her I used to sing.”

Then Tegan walked back to the booth.

“Are you guys cool now?” Tegan asked hopefully.

“We’re cooler than cool,” Matt smiled, “We’re ice cold.”

Tegan rolled her eyes while I just laughed at Matt. Matt paid for lunch and we headed back to his Hummer. Matt surprised me and Tegan by taking us to the pier and we spent most of our day there. I smiled at how happy Tegan was. I’ve never seen her this happy and I had to laugh because she already had Matt around her finger. She suckered Matt into winning her one of those oversized stuffed animals. I was looking at the waves when I Matt hid behind a stuffed teddy bear.

“Will you take me home?” he asked in a little voice, “Someone won me for you.”

“I don’t know,” I said playing along, “Who won you?”

“This guy named Matt Sanders,” the bear replied, “He knew that you loved teddy bears and wanted this one to be yours.”

“I guess I have to take you home with me then,” I smiled and Matt handed me the bear and wrapped his arms around my waist.

“Do I get a date alone with you soon?” he whispered in my ear as we watched the ocean.

“When do you want to go?” I asked quietly.

“Tomorrow night?” he asked, “We can go wherever you want.”

“Okay,” I smiled.

We soon found Tegan walking around aimlessly and she begged us to go to the beach for a little bit. We walked down to the beach and before we knew it Tegan was leaning against Matt out cold. Matt carried her to the car while I held the prizes he won for her.

“She loves you already you know that,” I said as he was driving us home.

“I already love her too Drea,” Matt smiled at me taking my hand and lacing it with his, “I’m so happy to have my girls with me.”

“We’re your girls now are we?” I asked smiling.

“Yes and you’ll always be my girls,” he grinned.

“Well she’s excited to have her dad in her life,” I said, “You’re one of her heroes.”

“You’re her number one Andrea,” Matt said, “You gave up a lot for that little girl and she realizes it more than you think she does.”

I smiled and looked out the car window.

“Promise me one thing,” Matt said and I turned to look at him, “Promise me no matter what happens between us, we’ll be civil for Tegan’s sake.”

“Deal,” I smiled at him.

When we got to my house, Matt took Tegan to her room and then came out.

“So can the guys and I come by tomorrow and help you?” he asked.

“Sure,” I said smiling, “We can use the help.”

“Good,” he smiled and the dimples I grew to love showed.

I followed him to the front door and he stepped out.

“Hey Andrea,” he said.

I looked up at him and before I could answer him he kissed me on the lips.

“Good night,” he replied when our lips parted.

“Good night Matthew,” I said and closed the front door.

I locked the door and smiled to myself touching my lips.

“Just a kiss goodnight,” I repeated the words of Lady Antebellum’s song as I walked into my room and went to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Subscribe please!!!

Chapter Title Credit: Lady Antebellum "Just A Kiss Goodnight"