Status: Coming Slowly. . .Please bear with me

"I have a what?"

My First Date

Today was my date with Kyle. Leana, Gena, Michelle, Mel, Stella, and my mom were all helping me get ready. My dad and the boys were trying to help Kyle get ready.

“What outfit should I wear?” I asked looking at my closet.

That was one question I shouldn’t have asked because I then spent the next two hours trying on outfits for everyone.

“Oh I like this one,” Mel gushed as I walked out of my room and into the kitchen.

“It’s perfect,” my mother said beaming.

“Oh thank god,” I sighed.

“I’m doing your hair,” Gena said and Leana followed her.

“I’m doing your make up,” Stella grinned and I groaned.

I just marched in my room and about two hours later I was done. When I walked out, everyone was fussing.

“You look beautiful,” Mel and Stella gushed.

“My baby girl is going on her first date,” my mom said as I blushed.

“Mom!” I whined.

“They’re here!” Lacey squealed running into the kitchen.

I wasn’t nervous before but now the butterflies were fluttering.

“I’m nervous,” I whispered.

“You’ll be fine,” Mel chuckled, “Just be yourself.”

“That doesn’t help Mel,” I said, “Mom what if. . .”

“Teg you’ll be fine,” she smiled at me, “Just breathe.”

I sighed to myself and then walked over to the front door to find Kyle talking to Brian.

“What’s Brian telling him?” I asked my dad.

Dad turned around and his mouth dropped.

“You look beautiful sweetheart,” he said hugging me, “and Brian’s trying to give Kyle a pep talk.”

I then looked over at Brian and Kyle but Kyle’s mouth was hanging open and he was staring at me. I felt myself blush and looked down and my flats. My mom and dad were chuckling quietly and before I knew it I was staring down at a pair of grey vans. I looked up to see Kyle smiling and I blushed even more.

“You look beautiful Tegan,” Kyle said.

“Thanks,” I said, “You clean up pretty well Kyle.”

“Thanks,” he said and it was his turn to blush.

He then looked over at my parents—who by the way were looking over at us; my mother grinning and my dad pretending to be the tough parent.

“Be home by eleven,” my mom said.

“Will do,” I said as I took Kyle’s hand and dragged him to his car.

Kyle opened his door for me and I got in. He then rushed to his side of the car and got in.

“So where are we going sir?” I asked as he turned on the radio lightly.

“I was thinking about taking you to a local diner that I know you’ll have fun at and then we can either hit the movies or pier,” he said.

“Can we do both?” I asked, “Since it is like only four.”

“Anything you want,” he said and I couldn’t help but smile.

“Super Bass” by Nicki Minaj came on and I was humming to it. We got to the diner and Kyle was right. I loved the diner. It had a fifties theme and I was having a blast.

“You’re amazing Kyle!” I exclaimed as we got the booth and I was smiling.

“I know,” Kyle laughed as I was getting in next to him.

We were laughing and talking and getting to know each other.

“I can’t believe you helped your seniors last year rebuild the principal’s car on the roof,” Kyle laughed as we were talking about what we’ve done to get us in trouble.

“I can’t believe you mooned the entire school,” I chuckled.

We were laughing when our waiter came over to us.

“This is from the gentlemen at the bar,” he said pointing over to a blonde with very tanned skin.

“I don’t want it,” I said, “I’m sorry but I’m on a date with him and the guy at the bar. Could you give it back to him?”

“Sure,” the waiter said trying not to laugh.

“And it’s alright to laugh you know,” I said feeling Kyle chuckle when I said I didn’t want it.

The waiter laughed and I scooted closer to Kyle and he wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

“So why did you really decline the milkshake?” he asked.

“Because I really like this redheaded kid that I’m on a date with,” I said, “I can’t remember his name though which is really bad but I figured if I accepted it he would be mad.”

“Good answer,” Kyle chuckled, “Now let’s get out of here.”

He grabbed the ticket and I got out. He grabbed my hand and we went to the front of the diner to pay for our food. Once we were done, we were walking to Kyle’s car when someone was yelling at us. We both turned around and I felt Kyle tense up and I moved closer to him.

“Hey why did you not take my milkshake?” the guy asked.

“Because she’s not interested Jacob,” Kyle said.

“Why don’t you let the lady answer Anderson,” Jacob said.

“I’m not interested,” I said looking at him.

“You’re what?” he asked shocked.

“Not interested,” I said again, “Come on Kyle let’s go.”

I then got in the car and we headed over to the movies. We picked out Green Lantern and Kyle paid for the tickets. We got a drink to share and then we got a seat that we were able to move the armrest so we could cuddle. I was watching the movie when I felt Kyle shifting. I looked up at him confused and he leaned down and kissed me. Let’s just say that we didn’t watch the rest of the movie when we started kissing. When the movie was over it was only nine o’clock so we headed to the beach and we lied on the hood of his car. I was watching the stars when Kyle said something.

“Hey can I ask you something Tegan?” he asked.

“You can ask me anything you want,” I said smiling and I turned my head towards him.

“Would you be my girlfriend?” he asked.

“I would love to be your girlfriend,” I smiled and he grinned widely at me.

It was around ten-thirty when he dropped me off at my house and my dad’s car was in the driveway. He walked me up to my door and I smiled at him.

“I had an amazing time tonight,” I smiled widely at him.

“So did I,” he smiled down at me.

He leaned his head down and I gave him a kiss goodnight.

“My dad’s watching from the window,” I whispered smiling, “Goodnight Kyle.”

“Night Tegan,” he said and I walked inside the house.

Tonight was one of the best nights of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's an update!
Girls State was AMAZING!!! I made so many new friends it was great.
Comment and Subscribe please!!

Tegan and Kyle's Outfit