Status: Coming Slowly. . .Please bear with me

"I have a what?"

Little Help Never Hurt Anyone

When I got home from my gig, Mom and Dad were both watching TV.

“I thought you and Uncle Jimmy were having a best friend day,” I said putting my guitar case down in the living room.
“We did,” my mom said smiling at me, “We had lunch and watched a movie.”

“Oh,” I said, “Well I’m going to my room.”

“Good go change then,” Dad said, “We’re going to Zacky’s for a barbeque. Once you change we can leave.”

“Okay,” I said shocked a little.

I walked into my room and changed into a sweat shorts, a sport bra, and a shirt. I threw my hair into a ponytail and threw on some shoes. When I walked out of my room, my parents were in the kitchen. My mom was dressed in a pair of jeans, a tube top, and pair of boots. My dad was in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.

“Why are you wearing that?” my mom asked.

“Because I don’t care,” I sighed, “Can we just go?”

“Sure,” my mom said and I followed my dad out to his car.

I climbed in the back of the car and waited for my parents to get in. On the drive to Zacky’s house the only sound was coming from the radio that at that point in time was playing “Scream”. When we pulled up to Zacky’s house I noticed Kyle’s car sitting across the street.

“I’m not getting out of the car,” I said crossing my arms over my chest.

“Yes you are,” my father said.

“The hell I am,” I growled, “I’m not talking to him.”

“Yes you are,” my mother said as I was thrown over my father’s shoulder.

“Put me down!” I whined and beat on my dad’s back.

I saw stairs and soon I was in a bedroom. My dad set me on the bed and I watched him walk out and shut the door and I heard the door lock from the outside. I sighed taking off my shoes and crawled to the top of the bed and pulled my knees to my chest and waited for the person in the bathroom to come out. I already knew who it was I just wanted to be confirmed. I heard the toilet flush and he washed his hands. The door then opened and I saw his eyes grow about twice their size.

“Don’t act so surprised,” I muttered looking out the window.

“Don’t need to be so bitter,” Kyle snapped back and I rolled my eyes.

I watched Kyle then cross the room and sit in the chair next to his side of the bed. I then looked back out the window to see my parents and everyone else out on the patio talking and laughing.

“Drew tells me you’re depressed,” Kyle said.

“I’m not,” I replied, “Mel tells me you don’t ever go out on the weekends.”

“Well Mel’s wrong,” Kyle said quickly and then we didn’t say anything.

I refused to talk to Kyle and he refused to talk to me. I knew what my parents were doing. They were locking us up in a room until Kyle and I made up but that wasn’t going to happen. I had given Kyle my whole entire heart and he shattered it into tiny little pieces. It wasn’t going to work. I let my walls down and my heart got broken again.

“I didn’t cheat on you,” Kyle said.

“Sure you didn’t,” I said, “and I’m the Queen of England.”

“I didn’t,” Kyle said, “What do you want me to tell you to get you to believe me.”

“There’s nothing,” I snapped yelling at him, “You had fucking lipstick marks on your lips and shirt, your hair was a mess, and your jeans were unzipped. Please fucking explain to me how that doesn’t show you weren’t fucking your ex-girlfriend?”

“Did you even look at Candi?” he yelled back.

“I didn’t need to!” I yelled back.

“You never trusted me ever did you?” Kyle said and I scoffed.

I trusted Kyle with everything. I trusted him with my heart and he broke it.

“I did trust you,” I said, “With my heart and you broke it.”

Kyle didn’t know what to say to that and he closed his mouth.

“I trusted you like every other guy who said I was pretty,” I started talking to myself, “That was a mistake.”

“Please tell me how I treated you was a mistake!” Kyle yelled.

“Fine,” I said looking at him, “How about I go back to my past. How about I tell you my last boyfriend I had was because of a bet. The head cheerleader bet the captain of the baseball that he couldn’t get me to sleep with him. I believed every little I love you, every little your beautiful, every little lie he told me. On our three month we slept together and the next day he broke up with me and I walked into school to find pictures of us having sex all over lockers and walls of the school. After that I was in a depression and I started cutting myself. My mother doesn’t know about the cutting part but that’s what happened. Then I met you and I thought you were going to be different but I guess I was wrong. You were the first person I truly trusted and you broke it.”

Kyle then didn’t know what to say to that but the bedroom door opened and I pushed past the person who opened it and ran out of the house and to the closest park. The minute I got there it started raining and I knew God hated me.

“Why me!?” I yelled, “Why me!? What did I do to deserve this?!”

My tears started falling and I just sat on the ground and started crying. I sat there for about ten minutes before I felt someone pulling me onto their lap.

“You wanna talk about it?” I heard Drew’s voice.

“Just leave me alone,” I said, “I don’t wanna to see or talk to anyone.”

“Come back to the house Teg,” Drew said, “You’re going to catch a cold.”

“I’d rather die of a cold than go back to that house,” I mumbled sniffling.

“Well you’re going back,” Drew said throwing me over his shoulder and we walked back to Zacky’s house.

The minute we got back into the house, I saw Kyle sitting on the couch with his head in his hands. I was thrown on the couch and then Drew, Mel, and Stella were standing in front of us.

“Okay since you two won’t talk to each other,” Mel said, “We’re going to talk for you. Kyle Tegan misses you despite what she says. She doesn’t go out and when she does she goes back home and goes straight to her room.”

“Despite was Kyle says he misses you Teg,” Drew said, “He knows he fucked up with you big time and would do anything to take you back. He doesn’t go out and when we hang out all Kyle does is complain on how much he fucked up.”

I didn’t say anything but I stared out the window. I would never forgive Kyle for breaking my heart. After Mel and Drew spoke, I stood up from the couch and headed out to the patio.

“Can we leave?” I asked.

My parents looked up to see that I was drenched and from the look on my face I hope they knew it didn’t work.

“Sure baby,” my mom sighed.

“Before you leave,” Jimmy said before we left, “Let me talk to you.”

“Fine,” I sighed.

Jimmy stood up and I followed him to the pool house. He shut the door and made me sit on the couch.

“Now why are you refusing to listen to anyone?” Jimmy asked.

“Because I don’t want to listen,” I replied.

“And it’s because Kyle broke your heart right?” Jimmy asked and I nodded my head.

“Exactly,” I said.

“You’re exactly like your mother,” Jimmy chuckled, “She was the exact same way when your father and her broke up for the first time.”

“How did they get back together?” I asked.

“She listened to your father,” he replied.

“After how long?” I asked.

“That I won’t tell you,” he said, “You have to figure that out on your own Tegan. Just listen to Kyle. Give him the time to explain himself to you.”

Jimmy then left the pool house and left me to my thoughts.