Crazy Beautiful

Here's to Us

It had been three months since I had last seen Brian. I had visited him at the hospital the day after he had been injured by Adam. He looked tired and in pain, but was still trying to flirt with me. I had kissed him on the forehead and told him to get better before walking out of the brightly lit room and into the hallways. I knew that would be the last time I actually had an interaction with him. I hadn’t seen him when Adam was being sentenced. He had been claimed criminally insane and was due to spend a lifetime inside a highly watched psychiatric ward.

I rubbed my eyes as I sat at the bar. The last few days had really kicked my ass and I was just in a need of some drinking. I knew I was a supposed recovery addict, but I knew moderation was what I needed. I was currently taking a week off from work. Zack was cool as a boss. I felt a sigh leave my lips as I asked the bar tender to fill a glass with some JD. I brought the glass up to my lips and sipped the liquor.

“Mind if I fill up a glass with you?” I heard a familiar husky voice.

I smiled lightly not needing to turn around, “I could stick around for just one more drink.” I admitted as he sat down next to me

“Here’s to love,” He says to me as he hits his glass with mine.

I laugh, “Here’s to us,” I comment and take a sip of my drink again. I sit there with him next to me as if a day hadn’t gone by without the other one. I feel a sudden memory flood my head.

The party was raging loud and people were screaming. It was soon dying down I knew that was what usually happened. I was standing around with Matt, Zacky, and Jimmy. They were standing around and I leaned against Zacky as I eyed Brian and his new girl. I was well aware she was another toy and that jealousy shouldn’t enrage me, but I was thriving on it tonight.

“Look at him and her,” Jimmy says noticing my stare

“She’s just a whore.” I muttered taking another drink of my whiskey.

“So break ‘em up Riles.” Matt challenged

“My pleasure,” I state finishing off my glass and smirking as I walked my way towards Brian.

I sway my hips with the music as my walk shortens in length and I start to approach Brian. His girl, whatever her name was, looked at me confused when I grabbed her boy’s hand and yanked him off the couch. I stood shorter than him and her whines vanished as I looked into his coffee colored orbs I’d come to love. I licked my lips smiling up at him before standing higher and placing a kiss on his thin lips. I promised I would make him forget his girl and pulled him outside and we walked around the beach.


“You always gave me hell.” Brian laughs and I think he was thinking of the same thing as me.

“You liked it Bri,” I said shrugging knowing that not one thing lasts forever.

“You’re like a nightmare that I enjoy.” He says sexily in my ear.

“I miss the misery.” I come back quickly winking at him before turning back to my drink.

Brian and I continue talking and toasting to stupid things that have played present in our entire lifespan of knowing each other. He both agreed that the past days have been hard. I looked at the time and sigh knowing I have to leave soon. I was a bit upset but knew better than to show Brian I was feeling disappointed. I finish off my glass and smile small at Brian who was now frowning. I whispered goodbye feeling as if this was just what it supposed to be.

I kept walking away and living out my life trying to spare him from the way things have panned out. It was insane. My whole life was crazy I couldn’t understand how he could find that attractive any longer. I remember hearing my father telling me once that Brian was made for me. I smiled grabbing the heart locket my father gave my mother that was now around my neck. I smiled as I turned at the sulking Brian.

“Hey Haner,” I scream out strutting back to him when as he looks me

“What Brending?” He asks me confused by the last name calling.

“Are you going to let the only girl made for you go home?” I ask him as I finally approach him.

He smiles at me gently, “What will people say?” He asks kind of deflated

“They can go fuck themselves,” I smirk “Let’s give ‘em hell.” I say before leaning down and smashing my lips on his.

He kisses back without a minute of hesitation. His hands rest on my hips gently as he deepens the kiss. I snake my arms around his neck while his hands go up to cupping my face while he finishes kissing me with a few pecks. I pull away from his lips starring into his beautiful eyes. I rub our noses against each other and he chuckles before rubbing his thumb against my smooth skin across my cheek. I notice the wide smiles he has and I’m sure it’s identical to my own.

“Marry me.” He says simply and I’m taking back by his bluntness.

“What?” I asked shocked

“I’m not getting down on one knee Riley. We aren’t going to go somewhere extravagant for me to ask you. I’m telling you to marry me. You’re the queen of broken heart’s but you’re the reason my heart continues to beat. We’re made for one another and living another day, another hour, another minute, or another second without you isn’t going to cut it anymore.” He says completely sober.

“I don’t think I understand.” I laugh lightly at him

“Marry me Brending, because you’ve been the only woman worth waiting for.” He says

I bite my lip and stare into his eyes trying to think of everything that might go wrong. I laugh knowing he already knows what I’m doing. I can’t live another day without him either. I can’t blame him for what happened and he won’t blame me. I could have hesitated, but I cannot wait any longer to be his. He has seen me at my worst and my best.

“I’ll marry you, Haner.” I say sticking my tongue out at him before crashing out lips onto his again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
Only one more chapter left then Blossoming Fates will be posted.
--Lindsey Ann