Status: may or may not continue

Hell, I still love you, New York.

"Amusing, aren't they?" A guy said from beside me. I turned and I was overwhelmed by how good looking he is. "I'm Kennedy." He said with a smile. It took me a few seconds to react and shake his hand.

"Gabrielle, you can call me Gabi." I said.

"Funny, my ex's name is Gabi." He said and took a seat beside me. "Could I buy you a drink, Gabrielle?" Kennedy asked with a smile.

I nodded. "What do you want?" He asked with a smile.

"Beer would be fine."

"Beer?" He said with a laugh. "On second thought, Do you want to eat dinner? There’s a diner across from here." I nodded again. I wasn't really sure why I was nodding at everything he was offering, but He seemed nice.

He smiled, grabbed my hand and we walked out of the bar and across the street. We entered the quiet diner, seeing as there are only 3 customers. An old man, a college student who looked like he was having trouble with a paper due tomorrow, and us.

We sat in a booth in complete silence.

"I'm married." I said out of no where. Kennedy looked at me confused for a second, and then smiled.

"It's just dinner." Kennedy said and called for the waiter.

title credit: Ryan Adams