Sequel: Mend Me
Status: Completed :)

Never Meant to Be

Chapter Thirteen

September 16th, 2010
Thursday
Evangeline’s Apartment, Boston, MA
11:30 P.M.

That night when Nathan came over Evangeline decided to sit him down and tell him she and David were officially together. When he walked in he found her sitting at the kitchen table waiting for him.

“What’s up?” he said taking his coat off.

“I wanna talk to you about something.” He looked concerned as he came over and sat in the seat across from her so they were looking eye to eye. “I’m officially with David now.” He sat up in shock and said

“Really?!”

“What did you expect to happen?” she said.

“But you can’t,” he said. “I love you,”

“Nathan how many times do I have to explain this to you? We cannot ever be together; you have a real family to take care of.”

“Please don’t stay with him Evangeline,” he said.

“Why not? If I don’t date other guys then I’ll never find someone to be with.”

“I’ll stay with you,” he said.

“I mean someone to marry,” she said. Nathan ran his hand down his face in frustration.

“Please don’t do this to me Evangeline,” She felt her anger flare up.

“What the hell do you want me to do?!”

“Stay with me, don’t go running of with David. He’s really not your type. You guys are horrible together.” She stood up out of her chair as she talked her voice grew louder and louder.

“Not my type!! You have no fucking idea how good he’s been to me, with Trenton, everything. He’s a lot more supportive then you have ever been!!”

“What the hell are you talking about?!” yelled Nathan. “Trenton’s my son, I love him more then David does. He’s my own flesh and blood.”

“Oh ya, you totally love him.” she said sarcastically. “That’s why you never bothered to try and contact me after you left that summer. We probably wouldn’t have even gotten back together if we hadn’t of run into each other at the daycare!”

“I do love him; I didn’t contact you because I couldn’t. Tammy would have known. Do you know how tightly she kept tabs on my phone and emails?!”

“Oh that’s bullshit!” she yelled. “You could have still sent me a letter or something!!”

“This whole situation with David is absolute bullshit!!” She heard Trenton start crying from the other room.

“Now look what you’ve done!” she said frustrated.

“Look what I’ve done?! You’re the only one yelling!!” said Nathan.

“What the fuck are you talking about!? You’re yelling too!!” she said back. She ran from the living room and into her bedroom. She picked up Trenton and shushed him, trying to calm him down.

“Whatever, bye,” he said heading towards the door.

“Good leave!!” She yelled at him as he slammed the door and left.
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.