Sequel: Mend Me
Status: Completed :)

Never Meant to Be

Chapter Twenty-Six

February 15th, 2011
Tuesday
The Horton’s house, Brookline, MA
8:00 A.M.

Tammy knew exactly what she was going to do. She was going to dangle Nathan in front of Evangeline’s face until the girl cracked. She was going to get her revenge. When she woke up the next morning and found Nathan downstairs with she put on a huge smile and said

“Hey honey, guess what I was thinking about doing!” He turned to look at her and said

“What?”

“We should renew our wedding vows and have a second marriage ceremony.”

“How?” he said sounding like he was forcing the interest in his voice.

“Well I was thinking we could get married in a small church here. Only our immediate family members would be there to watch and instead of a whole set of bridesmaids and groomsmen we will have one best man and one maid of honor.”

“And who will that be?” he asked.

“I want Evangeline to be my maid of honor and carry the trail of my dress down the aisle.” She said with a smile. She watched as Nathan almost choked on the water he was drinking.

“What?!” he asked.

“Ya,” she said. “She’s an old friend of yours and I think she matters in our lives. Don’t you agree?” she said.

“Oh ya,” he said.

“I’ll start making preparations, I’m just gonna wear the same dress I got married in.” She walked out of the room with a smirk on her face.

Evangeline was getting Trenton’s breakfast ready when she got a phone call. It was from Nathan’s house and she answered happily expecting Nathan.

“Hey,” she said.

“Hey Angie,” said Tammy from the other end. She felt shocked and said

“Oh hey Tammy, what’s up?”

“I have something big to ask you, me and Nathan are renewing our marriage vows on March 1st. He came up with the idea this morning,” she said sounding adored. “He just loves me so much, and I was wondering if you could be my maid of honor. He really wants you to be. The ceremony’s going to be small and it’s just going to be with our close family. There won’t be any bridesmaids just a maid of honor and best man.” Evangeline felt shocked and unsure what to say. She wanted to say no. Why would Nathan want to renew his marriage vows with Tammy if he’d told her that he wished they weren’t even together?

“Ummm,” she said still in shock. “Sure I’ll be.”

“Thanks so much!” said Tammy happily. “I’m gonna go tell Nathan he’ll be thrilled!” and then she hung up. Evangeline dropped the phone to the kitchen counter. Why would Nathan come up with the idea to renew their marriage vows? And why would he ever make her go through being his wife’s maid of honor?
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.