Sequel: Mend Me
Status: Completed :)

Never Meant to Be

Chapter Nine

September 10th, 2010
Friday
Fire and Ice, Boston, MA
6:00 P.M.

When she met up with him he was respectful. They sat down at the table and David said

“You have a nice accent, where are you from?”

“Nashville, Tennessee,” she said. “Where are you from?”

“The Czech Republic,” he said.

“Oh interesting,” she said. “I’ve been to Europe before.” He smiled and said

“Where’d you go?”

“Italy, England, and Switzerland for horse races, my father breeds race horses.”

“That’s cool,” he said. “You have a son right?” Tammy must have told him.

“Ya,” she said. She pulled up a picture of him on her phone. She passed it to him and said “That’s Trenton,” David smiled and said

“He’s cute,”

“Ya he’s one and a half,” she said smiling at the thought of her son.

“You know he kind of looks like Nate a little bit.” Evangeline faked a laugh and said

“Ya, that’s what Nathan said,” David handed her back the phone and the food came. As they ate they played the question game.

“What’s your favorite movie?” asked David.

“The Notebook,” said Evangeline.

“Every girl loves that movie,” Laughed David.

“It’s so romantic,” said Evangeline. “What’s your favorite movie?”

“Blades of Glory,” he said.

“I’ve never seen that,” she said smiling.

“It’s a funny movie, you can come over and watch it sometime.” He said smiling. “You should come to my practice when they are open to the public.”

“I would love too.” said Evangeline. She and David were getting along very well and when they left he gave her his number and told her he would love to see her again. Her happiness was shattered when she got a phone call from Nathan.

“You went on a date with Krejci?!” He said in an angry voice.

“Ya,” she said. “Tammy hooked us up, what’s wrong?”

“I love you, WE love each other!”

“Nathan I can’t just push aside the possibility of a true future with someone.”

“But we love each other.”

“I know,” she said. “But cheating with you is no future for me.”

“Angie please,” he said.

“Please what?” she asked.

“Just promise me that what we have together won’t fade.” She sighed in frustration and said

“I’ll always love you Nathan, we just can’t be together.”

“Who says?” he asked.

“Your family says, you have a wife and kid to take care of.” She heard crying in the background.

“I gotta go, Dylan’s upset,”

“Alright,” she said. “I do love you Nathan, I really do.”

“I love you too,” he said. When they hung up Evangeline felt upset about their conversation. She felt like she didn’t want to move on from Nathan but was going to have to force herself. She couldn’t stay hung up on him forever. When she got home Talia was sitting in her living room reading.

“He’s fast asleep.” She said.

“Good,” said Evangeline. She paid her friend and then went to shower. When she got out she wrapped herself in a towel and went to get dressed. It was pretty late, 1:00 A.M. She had her back turned to the bedroom doorway as she went through her closet for something to wear to bed. She heard a voice from behind her say

“Hello,” she jumped a mile and turned around to see Nathan standing in the doorway.

“My god Nathan you gave me a heart attack.” He smiled and said

“Sorry,”

“What are you doing here?” she asked.

”I couldn’t not come and see you, everyone was asleep and I snuck out.” She rolled her eyes and said

“You’re taking a big risk.”

“You’re worth the risk.” He said. He came into the room and she tightened the towel around her body.

“Don’t try anything in this bedroom, Trenton’s asleep.” He continued to walk towards her with a smirk on his face and she backed into her bureau. He continued to walk towards her until he was right up against her.

“Let’s go into the living room then.” He abruptly picked her up and slung her over his shoulder, shut the bedroom door, and brought her into the living room. He dropped her onto the couch. She kept her towel around her and said

“I do like David you know.” She said.

“Don’t,” said Nathan.

“He thought Trenton was adorable.” She watched him pull off his shirt to reveal his muscled smooth chest. Her hair had come loose and the white towel fell onto the floor, her hair was wet and messy.

“That’s a sexy look,” he said. He lay on the couch next to her and wrapped his arms around her and began kissing her neck. She couldn’t help but let out a moan of pleasure as he moved up and down her neck. She could feel his lips smirking as he moved them up and down her neck, satisfied he’d gotten the reaction out of her he’d wanted. She felt him run his hands up and down her body.

“You’re so perfect,” he whispered seductively into his ear. “I want you in my bed every night.” She felt him inch his body closer to her. She stopped trying to fight it and sat up so she was straddling him. Nathan smirked again and said “You just can’t resist me can you?”
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.