Status: Not sure if anyone will see this status but I'm going to try my hardest to go through and edit this story and then continue it!

Do Overs and Second Chances

Affinity For My Hometown

Five o’clock seemed to sneak up on Izy and Cameron. Before she knew it they were done with the set and she was that much closer to leaving Arizona behind her for the second time. Arizona however, seemed to have plans and wasn’t about to let her go without a surprise.

“Isabelle Jane Godsey, when were you planning on telling your parents you were in Arizona?”

“Mom, dad, what are you doing here?” Izy asked while she went over to hug her parents.

“We came here to see you of course, baby girl. Justin told us you were here. We also wanted to meet this Cameron we’ve heard do much about,” her mom explained.

Izy turned around to see Cameron standing behind her hesitantly and she reached out to grab his hand. “Mom and Dad, this is my boyfriend Cameron.” Cameron shook hands with Izy’s parent’s hands, wishing that he had received a little heads up before this moment.

“It’s so nice to meet you. I was hoping you two would be able to go out to dinner. We haven’t had a Gomez/Godsey family dinner since you left.” Hearing those words from her mom made Izy feel surprisingly sad. She had assumed that everyone in Arizona would fall into repetition and forget all about her, but knowing that their traditional family dinners were cancelled changed things. One day every month since Izy was five her family and the Gomez family had met up for a big dinner. Sometimes they one of the families would cook or they would all go out. Suddenly she missed living in Arizona like crazy. She never realized how much she had actually missed it until she was back.

“That sounds amazing,” she answered, then turned her head to see Cameron nodding in agreement making her smile.

The couple headed to the van in order to change out of their sweaty clothes in an effort to seem at least a little more presentable. “Are you sure you want to go? I don’t want you to feel uncomfortable,” Izy offered Cameron a chance to change his mind and back out.

“Yes I’m sure. Izy, I love you and want to meet your family.”

“Ok but just know this is your last chance to back out,” she joked while she checked her reflection in the van’s window.

She was messing with her hair when Cameron came up from behind her. He put his arms around her stomach and rested his head on her shoulder. “I’m not going to back out. You can’t get rid of me that easily.”

“Who said anything about getting rid of you?” she questioned him. She turned around to face him before she grabbed his hand and the two of them walked to meet up with her family.

“Izy, great now we can head out. You and Cameron are going to ride with Justin and Alex,” her mom instructed. Izy nodded her head in agreement before the groups split up. Izy followed Alex as she walked over to her car and got in the driver’s seat. Justin eases into the passenger seat leaving Izy and Cameron in the back.

“Justin, what’s this I hear about you punching Stephen?” Izy asked. The question had been on her mind since Alex had brought it up and she wanted to know.

“It was nothing I had just said goodbye to my sister at the airport. I was angry he hurt you, Iz. That was a long time ago though after a few weeks him and me were fine again and there were no hard feelings don’t worry about it,” Justin explained. At this point their conversation had Cameron’s full attention adding more questions to the list of ones he already had about Izy’s past.

“Justin, you just can’t go around punching people it wasn’t his fault.”

“Yes it was he made you leave if it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t have lost my sister,” Justin said surprising Izy.

“You didn’t lose me I’m here now,” she said quietly.

“Yeah but you didn’t want to be here and if it wasn’t for Stephen I wouldn’t have even known. Did you ever think that maybe I would want to see you again?”

“Justin,” Izy started but she wasn’t sure what to say. She hadn’t known that Justin cared this much about her. It had always seemed more like she was the annoying younger sister that always tagged along and Justin just put up with her being there.

“We’re here,” Alex spoke up while pulling into a parking spot at the restaurant. “Do you two need a minute?”

“No it will be fine let’s go,” Justin said. The four of them got out of the car, but Izy stopped Justin before he could walk into the restaurant.

Without a word she pulled her brother into a hug. Then right before letting go she whispered. “Justin, I’m so sorry.”

“I know,” he responded and the two of them walked into the restaurant where everyone else was already waiting.

“Izy Godsey! I sure have missed seeing your lovely face around.” The second Izy got through the door Mrs. Gomez came up to her embracing her in a tight hug. She had always loved Izy like the daughter she had never had and she had always secretly hoped that Izy and John would get married.

“I’ve missed you too Mrs. G, but I can’t breathe,” Izy joked.

“Well it’s good to see you again,” Mrs. Gomez commented as she released the girl. Izy nodded her head in agreement. “Now who is this handsome young man that you brought with you?”

Izy grabbed Cameron’s hand and smiled up at him. “This is my boyfriend Cameron.”

“What a lovely couple.” Mrs. Gomez looked like she had something more to say, but they were interrupted by the hostess telling them that their table was ready.

“Well let’s eat,” Izy’s dad announced and led followed the hostess to the table.

Their group seemed to split into smaller ones while multiple conversations went on around the table. Izy however, was just taking it all in sitting between Justin and Cameron. She couldn’t deny it anywhere this was home she would never be able to completely separate herself from Arizona. That made her surprisingly happy though.

“So Izy, what are your plans for next year?” Mrs. Gomez turned the attention of the whole group to Izy after they were done eating.

“I’m going to be starting at BU undecided,” Izy told the group proudly. After all the stress of applying to college she had ended up with her top choice.

“Good for you. It’s too bad you didn’t choose to go to Arizona State.”

“I thought about it, but I just fell in love with Boston,” she explained. She had never really seriously thought about going back to Arizona it was a nice idea but it had scared her.

“That’s too bad but I do have a little graduation present for you,” the older women told Izy with an ever present smile.

“You didn’t have to,” Izy told her but Mrs. Gomez just shook her head and handed Izy the small box anyway. Izy carefully flipped the lid up revealing a necklace. It was a silver pendent shaped like Arizona with a small round heart on it. “Thank you so much,” Izy said while she gingerly took the necklace out of the box as if it would break at the slightest touch. She turned to Cameron for help putting it on. After he finished she touched the charm again.

“Just a little something to remind you of all of us back home,” Mrs. Gomez explained, happy that Izy had liked the gift.

“Thanks again,” she told the women once the check had been paid and the group started to get up and make their way towards the exit.

“Your welcome, just remember you will always be like family to us. No matter what happened between John and you. You don’t have to punish yourself forever.” The two exchanged one final hug.

The second Izy and Cameron finally stepped out of the restaurant Justin, Alex, Stephen and John were waiting for them. “We have a party to go to!” Justin announced.

“And how are we all getting there?” Izy questioned referring to the fact that there were only five seats in the car and six of them.

“You’ll have to squeeze,” Justin replied before getting into the passenger seat. It ended up Stephen, John and Cameron in the backseat with Izy sitting on Cameron’s lap.

“Well isn’t this cozy,” Izy commented. Stephen turned to look at her and smile but John kept his gaze fixed straight ahead.

After what felt like a much longer ride than it actually was the group rolled up to the party. “So who’s going to be the designated driver tonight?” Justin asked the group. No one volunteered so Izy gave in.

“I’ll do it,” she sighed. “I might as well remember my first night back in Arizona.”

“That’s the spirit.” Justin lightly hit her arm before walking into the party with Alex on his arm. Stephen and John followed right after but Izy and Cameron hung back for a moment.

“Ready?” she asked.

“I guess,” he shrugged. “What about you?”

“I hope so.” And with that they walked into the crowded Arizona house.

People where everywhere drinking, talking and laughing. Some of them seemed to recognize her but others seemed like they could care less that she was back. It almost made her laugh everything was exactly the same as it was before she left. Her and Cameron walked around for a while as Izy tried to find a friendly face. The first person she found was Claire so she immediately dragged Cameron over to the girl. “Hey Claire, this is my boyfriend Cameron.” Izy greeted Claire. Claire and Cameron quickly before her offered to go get drinks and left. “So where are Adam and Amber?” Izy asked. She had expected that at least one of them would be Claire.

When Izy mentioned Amber though Claire made a face grabbing Izy’s attention. “What do you not like Amber or something?”

“It’s a long story,” Claire brushed the question off.

“Well I’ve got all the time in the world,” Izy persisted Claire however didn’t seem to want to tell her. “Please, Claire talking about it will help or whatever.”

She gave Claire a pleading look for a few minutes before the girl sighed. “Fine I’ll tell you.” She gave in and Izy just remained silent waiting for the story.

“Me and Amber used to be best friends. We were basically inseparable. Then I started dating this guy, Jack, and I thought he was the one. I was completely head over heals for him.” She paused and Izy nodded her head taking this all in. “Amber was always saying that I was so lucky and that Jack was super attractive,” Claire emphasized the last couple of words with finger quotations. Izy suddenly became concerned thinking about the way Amber acted around Cameron, she could guess how this story ended. “I didn’t really think much about it, that was just the way Amber was. Then one weekend there was a big party, like this one. I was supposed to be out of town but I ended up coming back early and I knew Jack would be at the party so I showed up to surprise him. However that was when I found out he had been cheating on me with Amber.”

“Claire, I’m so sorry I had no idea,” Izy showed her sympathy.

“Don’t be sorry you’re not the one that slept with my boyfriend. Anyways we broke up and Jack and Amber dated for a week until she broke up with him,” Claire finished the story. “Now where is that drink your boyfriend promised?” she asked.

Cameron had taken longer than usual to get back and that was because some one approached him. “Hey you came here with Izy Godsey right?” It was some random girl who had already have a few too many and Cameron was just focusing on getting back to Izy.

“Yeah?” Cameron wasn’t really sure what this girl wanted.

“Damn after what happened between her and John it’s weird seeing her with another guy.”

“What exactly happened between her and John?” Cameron asked, his curiosity coming out again.

“You mean you don’t know?” the girl asked wide-eyed. “It was pretty scandalous. I mean her and John seemed so perfect but then he found out she had fucked his brother.”

“She what?” Cameron was shocked.

“While she and John were dating she was also seeing Stephen behind his back,” the girl continued to explain. “It was after John found out that she left.”

“Excuse me I have to go,” Cameron excused himself before disappearing into the crowd.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well damn it's been a while but I have this nice long update for you. Now get ready for some links coming your way Izy's outfit and necklace and feel free to lurk on my polyvore if you want. ;) Also I went to the GK Holiday Festival(which was awesome. I saw The Wonder Years and they were amazing.) Anyways I saw We Are the In Crowd and thought to myself "hey I should write a Cameron Hurley story. So far I just have the summary and it's not the best summary but let me know if you are interested. BAM I probably won't start focusing on it until this is over but just keep it in mind. Now the final link; I created a formspring so ask me questions and what not BAM! Now down to business because this is a long ass author's note this story is now up to 30 subscribers! I feel like my first born child is all grown up now haha. You're all awesome but a special thanks goes out to TatumTSS for commenting. Yep so comment, subscribe, stay awesome and have a happy new year!