‹ Prequel: When You Were Young

I Can't Remember That Was Us

This Shark Is Eating My Arm!

I did exactly what I told Matt I was going to do. I sat on my couch watching Jersey Shore and eating. No, I wasn’t eating pickles with peanut butter; I was eating salt and vinegar chips. YUM! I’ve been craving them for a while now and I went into the kitchen this morning and discovered that Matt had left them out for me. He had bought them early this morning for me. Remind me to thank him.
The same thing was happening on Jersey Shore. Sammi and Ron were fighting (still) and Mike “The Situation” was chasing tail at clubs. It was an interesting show and I do have my opinions. Sammi and Ron will never last, they should just break up. I don’t even know what I would do if Matt and I were like that…we sure as hell wouldn’t be together if Matt was like that. I had to scramble to my feet when I heard the phone ringing. I quickly grabbed the phone and answered it without even looking at the caller I.D.

“Hello?” I asked, sitting back down on my couch with my chips.

“Heyyyy girrlll. How’s mama doin’?” the girl asked. I immediately recognized her because it was my friend Rainah. We met at the gym once 3 years ago and we have been friends every since.

“I’m bored. I’m sitting on the couch eating salt and vinegar chips and watching Jersey Shore.” I told her duly.

“Awl man. Have Snooki and Vinny hooked up yet?” she asked me.
“Nope, Snooki is dating some guy…”

“Awl shit. Oh well. Let’s hang out. I’ll be over soon.”

“Okay, cool. Bye.”

I sat there and continued my ‘ritual’ until I heard her banging on my door. She loves to just barge right in, but I had the door locked so I had to get up and let her in.

“Hey sis.” She said, patting my belly, and then walking right past me into the living room.
“What the fuck? We can’t party, but we can at least pretend!” she enthused, pressing the off button on the television and pulling her iPod out of her pocket.

“Where’s your iPod deck?” she asked me, her eyes scanning around the room.

“There.” I said, pointing behind her. She walked over, pulled Matt’s iPod off of the deck and placed hers in its place. She then handed Matt’s iPod over to me. I put it down in front of mine and his picture. She turned on She Got A by T.Mills. We sang the song at the top of our lungs and danced around like idiots.

Matt’s POV

“Dude, it looks like it’s gonna fuckin’ rain.” I said, looking up at the sky. I could see a few dark clouds in the distance.

“Naw man, it’s supposed to pass over.” Zacky replied, pulling his shirt over his head. I just nodded and took my own t-shirt off.

“WHERE THE FUCK IS STEPHANIE?!?!?!” I could hear Brian yelling from the other side of the boat. I sighed and leaned back against the back of my chair. Hopefully, I’ll get a tan while I’m here. I haven’t been able to get out since Hayleigh became pregnant. Not that she didn’t let me; it’s just that I didn’t want to. I want to be with her all the time. I’ve never felt this way about anyone else and I haven’t had a second of doubt about us. I could never be happier about her being pregnant and having my baby.

“She’s inside.” Jimmy yelled back at her as he grabbed his sailor hat and pulled it onto his head.

“MATT! LET’S SWIM!” Jimmy yelled with a happy smile on his face.
“I’m fishing! If you jump in that water, so help me God! I’LL PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE SO HARD!” I warned him, feeling a little hostile…It’s the heat, I think. Jimmy gave him a shit eating grin and hopped in the water, right where I had my line.

“JIMMY! I’LL FUCKING KILL YOU!” I yelled at him, getting up and jumping in the water myself.

“OW FUCK!” Jimmy yelled from the water.

“What is it?” I asked, suddenly feeling calm.

“A SHARK BIT MY ARM!” he yelled, swimming quickly towards me.

“OH hell! Let’s get out of the water!” I said, trying to remain calm. I turned around and was swimming in front of Jimmy. I pulled myself up onto the boat and turned around to help Jimmy up.

“HELP ME MATT! IT’S GOT ME!” he yelled at me as I grabbed his hand. He looked like he was about to cry and I was scared shitless.

“OH SHIT! MY ARM! DO YOU SEE IT?!” I then looked down at his arm and saw a fishing hook sticking in it. Blood was running down it, but it wasn’t even that bad. I couldn’t even stop myself from laughing. I laughed so hard that I thought I was going to piss myself. I let go of Jimmy and fell backwards laughing.

“AHHH! MATT! I’M GONNA DIE! THIS SHARK IS EATING MY ARM! HELP ME! HELP ME! PLEASE!” he yelled, making me laugh even more.

“What the hell is all this ruckus about?” Brian said, coming behind me.

“Jimmy thinks he got bit by a shark, but it’s just my fishing hook stuck in his arm!” I choked out between laughs. Brian began laughing with me.

“NOT FUNNY, DUDE!” Jimmy yelled, finally calming down. I looked over and saw Stephanie walking towards the end of the boat to look down at Jimmy.

“Well, get him up here before he does get eaten!” Stephanie yelled, looking back at me and Brian.

“She’s right. The shark will smell the blood and eat ‘em up!” Brian said, laughing again. I chuckled a bit and stood to go help Jimmy. I pulled him onto the boat and pulled the hook out of his arm.

“Well, at least I know that something ate my bait.” I stated, shaking my head. Before Jimmy could even smart ass remark me, rain started pouring down on us.

“SHIT! ZACKY! I THOUGHT YOU SAID THAT IT WASN’T GOING TO RAIN!” Brian yelled, turning around to run inside the boat. I followed him and everyone else. Maybe we’ll have a chance to patronize Zacky for being wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
1,054 words, bitches. ahah... but seriously, I'm not getting enough comments to motivate me. What the hell is gonna happen?