‹ Prequel: When You Were Young

I Can't Remember That Was Us

Rock the Boat

Matt’s POV (still)

“That storm is starting’ to fuckin’ hit hard.” Zacky said, looking up in the direction the rain was coming from.

“I know dude, someone has to get the fuckin’ sail down or we’ll end up in South fuckin’ Africa.” Brian said, standing up.

“I’ll do it…Jimmy will help me, cuz he’s fucking crazy enough to get out in this shit.” I said with a grin.

“HELLZ FUCKING YES! RAIN MAKES ME HORNY!” Jimmy yelled excitedly. I looked at Jimmy like he was crazy and then shook my head.

“Good luck, man. It’s crazy.” Brian told me, raising his eyebrows. I just shrugged as if it were nothing. I know getting that damn sail down will be a tricky job, but they think I’m all strong and shit, I’ll make it seem effortless.

“C’mon Jim.” I said, walking towards the steps of the boat. It didn’t take us long to walk up them, but with all the shaking of the boat, I’m surprised we made it out without falling down. The rain beat down on us and we were immediately soaked by the cold water. I was a little stunned by the coldness of the rain, but I kept going. I was so quick to volunteer for this job that I forgot the fact that I don’t even know how to do this shit. All I knew is, I had to pull one of the ropes or something.

“JIMMY! WHICH ROPE DO I PULL?!?!” I yelled, for it was hard to hear because the rain beating down on the water and the boat made a loud, harsh noise. I also saw some lightening and I could also hear loud thundering in the distance. Today was the worst fucking day ever to go sailing and fishing. Leave it to Zacky to pick the wrong day. I turned around to look at him. His hair and clothes were soaked and I could tell that he just wanted to do anything to get back inside.

“I DON’T KNOW! I THINK IT’S THE ONE ON THE LEFT!” he yelled, stumbling a little because of the rockage of the boat. I stumbled a little myself before moving closer to the ropes. At the same time I pulled the rope, the boat rocked violently and water splattered into the boat. I stumbled back a little, tripping over a lounge chair and both the chair and I splashed into the water. Then, I felt a sharp pain in my head before seeing red and then everything went black…

HAYLEIGH’S POV

“SO WHAT? I’M STILL A ROCKSTAR! I GOT MY ROCK MOVES AND I DON’T NEED YOU!!!!...” I sang loudly before falling down onto the couch. I was out of breath from all the dancing and singing.

“This would be more fun if I were drunk.” I stated to Rainah airily.

“Well, sorry about your luck, but you are preggers.” She stated it as if I didn’t know.

“I know, Rain. And don’t be sorry, I’m happy about this. I’ve been dreaming of this forever.” I told her with a happy smile on my face.

“Okay, now are you high?”

“No,-“ before I could get the rest of my words out, rain started pouring down on the house like crazy. It was loud with lightning and thunder. I could hear the wind blowing hard outside.

“Speaking of rain…” I said, looking around.

“You said Matt went sailing?” she asked, looking at me with a strange expression.

“Shit, yes…I hope he’s okay.” I said, suddenly feeling more worried than I have been in a long time. It’s not hard to get me worried when it comes to Matt…every since the coma.

“He’s fine…they’ll have to ride it out, I guess. But they’ll all be fine.” Rainah told me, touching my arm. This would be reassuring to others, but not me.

“I don’t know… I’m going to try to call him on his cell.”

“You worry too much, Hay. He’s in the middle of the ocean, he’s not going to have reception there anyway.” She told me, shaking her head.

“Rain, the last time I didn’t fucking worry about Matt was the day he went into a coma for six months, so don’t fucking tell me that.” I told her grouchily. I immediately felt bad about using that tone with her, but I was pregnant and my hormones were going wild. That’s not a good excuse, but I know she understands.

“He’ll be fine, I’m telling you. You’ll laugh about this when he walks in that door any minute now. He’ll be bitching about getting wet or something.” She reassured me. I gave her a fake smile and nodded. I still couldn’t help but to worry. I have an uneasy feeling in my stomach, and when I have a bad feeling, there’s usually a reason for it.

“I sure hope so.” I told her, looking her in the eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be great right about now. Thanks to Perspicacious for all 9-10 comments. They are greatly appreciated. She had some awesome theories, you guys. But they were all WRONG! ahah. (: