Status: Updates might take a while but it's alive

An Unexpected Something New

I want to end it on a high note, not a bad one.

CH 28

The playoffs had ended much sooner than any of the boys could have expected. After being eliminated in the sixth game of the first round it wasn’t hard to see just how much it was affecting everyone. Hannah had gone through the ending of a hockey season with Derek…but it was different. Her heart was literally breaking because she knew the man she loved was in a room with his teammates and his heart was breaking too. If something hurt him, it killed her. With Derek, he always told her to go home and either went out with the guys to get drunk or came over after a few drinks. She never came first and she had learned to get used to it. Either way, Derek didn’t take the end of the season well and she knew it would be that much worse for Sid.

Hannah leaned against the cold wall waiting longer than usual for her fiancé to come out. She was uncomfortable and slightly nervous. Sid wanted her down there, made her promise she would be, but she still felt out of place. This was new to her as well and she was unsure of just how Sidney would be when he walked out of that locker room. She watched the somber faces of the guys she had come to know and saw how distraught they were as they met with their wives or girlfriends. Hannah looked down at her phone so that she could see the time, it was getting late and by this point almost all the guys had left. The media had pretty much left the building. One of the last few to leave came out and she saw Jordan walk down the hallway and his eyes met with hers. He slowed to a stop and gave her a hug without cracking anything that resembled a smile when he reached her.

“Where’s Phoebe?” Hannah asked as she held him tight to her. She was trying to figure out where her friend had gone but now that she thought about it she remembered Phoebe had mentioned her plans when they were in their seats together getting ready to leave.

“I told her to meet me at my place. I didn’t want to subject her to anger or treat her like shit. I needed a little bit of time to cool off.” She understood where Jordan was coming from and she knew Phoebe did as well but it made her a little nervous about how Sid would be when she finally saw him.

Hannah swallowed the lump in her throat and Jordan could see the fear that splashed up in her eyes. “No, don’t worry. Crosby’s never had a girl meet him back here after something like this. He needs you. Don’t worry.”

Hannah released the breath she didn’t realize she was holding. If anyone knew him it was Jordan and he wouldn’t tell her that unless it was the unabated truth. “Is he coming out soon? I feel like I’ve watched just about everyone leave. I mean the friggin media left and he’s still in there. Is he really that bad?” It made her sick to think that he was taking it worse than she imagined he would be. She didn’t want to see him that upset.

“Give him a few Han, trust me.”

“Alright,” she shrugged having no choice but to accept it. “Go to Phoebe. We’ll see you guys this week? Or are you going home?”

“I’m not going home anytime soon,” Jordan shook his head. “This is my home you know, and my girl is here. I’m gonna stay for a while. Maybe take her back to meet my family for a few weeks, but we’ll be here,” he said somberly. “Night Han, I gotta get outta here.”

“Good night Jordan. You played great you know.” She tried to cheer him up but she knew it would pretty much be falling on deaf ears.

“Thanks,” he said out of politeness, not because he actually felt she was right.

Hannah watched him walk out of her sight when she heard her name from behind her. “Hannah.”

Hannah turned her head around and accidentally let out a little gasp at the sight of him. “Hi Kris…” she didn’t know what else to say but she felt her heard start pounding. She hadn’t spoken to him in so long and she knew Sid wasn’t on the best terms with him since ‘the incident’ as she liked to refer to it.

“Can we talk for a second?”

He looked so depressed and serious that she didn’t have the heart to say no. “Yeah, what’s up Kris?”

“I know this about a few months too late but I wanted to apologize for the way I treated you and for what I said and did to you and Crosby. I shouldn’t have done that.”

Hannah felt her heart beat even faster and her lips curl up into an appreciative smile. “That really means a lot Kris. Thank you,” she said sincerely.

“I mean it Hannah. You’re the best thing that’s happened to my friend in there. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that. I guess I just wanted to look out for him but I went about it in the worst way. You’re the sweetest girl I’ve ever met and I don’t know how Crosby locked you down but it’s the smartest thing he’s ever done. We all know it, him more than anyone.” Kris ran his hand through his hair and looked down at the ground before looking up into Hannah’s eyes where he saw the tears start to well.

“Is everything okay between you two now?” she asked as she reached out and lightly rubbed his arm.

“Yeah we talked. I apologized to him too. I just felt I owed you an apology, face to face.”

“Thank you, I forgive you,” she said with a smile. “I’m just really happy you guys worked it all out. I hated that you were fighting and not speaking and that it was because of me.”

“Oh no Hannah, no. It wasn’t because of you. It was because of me.”

At that moment one of the equipment guys walked by them on his way out for the night. “Geez,” Hannah said as upbeat as possible. “Where is he? He’s aiming to legit be the last one out of here tonight.”

“Oh I almost forgot. When I was walking out he asked me to ask you to go into the locker room. He’s slow as a woman so I guess he wanted me have you go in there before you skipped out on him,” Kris said with the slightest smile possible. “I have no idea what’s taking his ass so long though, that’s the extent of what I know.”

“Okay, thanks for the heads up. Are you sure it’s allowed?” Hannah looked up at him confused.

“If that’s what Crosby wants, trust me it’s okay. Look, are we okay now?”

“We are more than okay Kris. Thank you,” Hannah said as she put her arms around his neck and pulled him to her for an innocent hug. “Go home and get some rest. I know you must be exhausted. I’m sorry you guys are so upset right now.”

Kris pulled back and smiled at her. “Don’t worry about us, we’ve been through it. We know it’ll pass. It sucks but we can’t change it now. Go see what your primdona wants in there. He’s taking it pretty badly. Have a good one,” Kris said as he headed down the hallway.

Hannah took a deep breath as she hesitantly made her way around the corner and crept up to the entrance of the locker room. It was strange to her how deserted everything had become. It was crazy and chaotic and loud just an hour or so ago and it had filtered down to pretty much just the two of them, she couldn’t see or hear anyone else to prove otherwise.

Hannah lightly knocked on the door as she popped her head in. “Sid?” she called for her fiancé quietly. She finally saw Sidney sitting on the bench by his locker in his hot as hell suit. He sat there, his shoulders slumped over, looking like a kid who just lost their dog and it made Hannah’s heart sink. He turned around and she finally saw the sadness, exhaustion and frustration in his eyes. It made her nervous for a quick second and she stopped in the door waiting for him to say something.

“Hey baby,” he said softly with a faint smile. “I’m sorry it’s taken me so long. I’ve kind of just been in here talking to the guys and reflecting over the season. All the hard work and sweat, blood, tears—you name it. All of what it took to get here is just over.”

Hannah wanted to do whatever she could to wipe that look off his face. She walked over to him and ran her hand gently over his brow before letting it rest on his cheek. “You were amazing. Nothing short of it. I’m sorry you’re hurting this much. I wish I could help. I really don’t know what to do.” She did the only thing she knew, she reached up and kissed him.

Sid pulled her into him and gave her a huge hug. “Thanks baby. You’re the best. Believe it or not, I’m kind of okay. Well, now.”

“You could have fooled me,” Hannah said with a smile as she looked up into his eyes, trying to lighten the mood and make him smile.

“No, I’m not happy. It sucks and it hurts but…I’m not as bad as I usually am when this happens. I have you and somehow that makes it a little easier to deal with.”

Hannah felt her heart flutter. “Are you ready to head out of here handsome?”

“Not just yet,” Sid said as he pulled away from her and started walking to the locker room door. She turned and wrinkled her brow as she watched him walk to it and lock it.

He walked back over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist as he looked down into her eyes. “You know what?”

“What?” Hannah looked up at him trying to imagine what he wanted.

“There definitely is something you can do to make this a little better,” he said with a smirk and twinkle in his eye.

Hannah’s eyes widened knowing what he was asking. “Here? Now?”

Sid slid his hands from her back to the front of her hips and started to unbutton her pants. “No one is here. Trust me.”

“But…what if…” Hannah went to protest but Sid quickly shut her up by crashing his lips onto hers and hungrily pushed his tongue in her mouth. He was aggressive with her as he pulled her pants down and got to work on his own. Hannah undid his tie and as many buttons on his shirt as she could before getting frustrated and ripping it open the rest of the way. Sid lifted her shirt off in one fluid motion and tossed it to the ground as he grabbed onto her soft naked flesh.

Hannah traced her fingers along his muscles and rubbed his chest, shoulders, neck. She knew that his torrid kisses were necessary and she couldn’t give in fast enough knowing that she was doing what would help his heavy heart. When he pulled his lips off of hers and looked into her eyes she knew that this was what he needed and she was dying to give it to him however he wanted it.

Sid pulled back and spun her around so that she was facing his locker and dug her ass into his hard on. He let out a moan when he felt her almost naked ass rub against his boxers and into his aching cock. Hannah gripped the edges of his locker with her hands on either side and tossed her head back onto Sid’s shoulder as she felt his hands on either side of her hips, looping his fingers under the string of her thong and pulling it down until it hit the floor around her ankles.

He grabbed his erect dick out of his boxers and let him fall around his ankles as well, where they joined his suit pants, and held it in one hand while he slid the other over Hannah’s bare ass, hip bone and down the front of her pussy lips. She gasped when his fingers made contact with her wet slit and wiggled into him more. “God Hannah you’re so wet already.”

Hannah moaned and nodded her head with her eyes closed and nuzzled into him as much as she could so that she could kiss his neck. He knew how to make her feel good and he bent her over a little more, her hands still tightly grasping the edges of his locker, and slowly pushed his dick into her dripping pussy. He threw his head back and gasped before bringing it back up and thrusting into her harder. “Oh God,” she yelped clearly enjoying each push of penetration.

With his head practically buried in her hair he had to take a deep breath to calm down to ensure he didn’t come too quickly. “This has always been a fantasy of mine,” he grunted as he ran his hands up her sides and cupped her boobs. The way she was arching her back and the noises she was making were so good to him. He gripped her hips for control and went as deep into her as he could. He looked around and saw Hannah’s hot, sweaty body bent over for him, her perfect ass nuzzled into him and his dick going in and out of her pussy lips. He looked at the lockers around them, the empty room he spent so much time in. He looked up at his name plate on the locker and saw Hannah’s fingers digging into the sides as she moaned and cried out every time he’d thrust into her, make her boobs jiggle and insides clamp around him tighter.

Sid pulled out of her, quickly spun her around and sat down on the bench guiding her on top of him so that she could take him inside her. Hannah happily did what he wanted, her body was begging for him to keep going. He looked up into her eyes with a sexy smile and with his fingers wrapped under her hairline and around her neck brought her down so that he could press her lips to hers. He was so close to busting his load he couldn’t think or see straight but he wanted to wait just enough so that Hannah could come on him first. He knew she was close and though he was dripping with sweat trying to keep himself from shooting inside her, he finally felt her tighten around his cock and cry out. Sid let himself go and almost passed out his orgasm was so strong. He kept riding it out until he couldn’t take it anymore and as he came down from his sexual high he slowed down and kissed Hannah sweetly on the lips. “I love you, that was incredible.”

Her chest was rapidly rising and falling she was so out of breath. “Wow,” she breathed out still recovering herself. Her cheeks were flushed but he could see she now had a hint of embarrassment. “You ok Han?”

“Yeah,” she nodded her head. “That was so good.” Her words were music to his ears.

“I didn’t think I would go through with it,” he sighed out.

“You planned this?”

“No, well, I thought about it. God I’ve thought about this for so long and then you were here and we were alone and after everything I just needed it. I couldn’t control it if I wanted to. I mean, you walked in and I looked at you and I realized how much better you made the loss just by being here. I love you so much I needed to have you right here, right now.”

Hannah giggled as she got up and he slid out of her. “I’m not complaining. I mean, I said whatever you needed right? I would never have done that with anyone else.”

“I hope not!” he blurted out as he picked up his pants and put them back on. “I guess my shirt is a lost cause here.” Sid looked down at the ripped buttons and wrinkled mess and shrugged. “Oh well. Good thing we’re the only ones left.”

Hannah finished straightening out her clothes and wrapped her arms around Sids neck. “I love you,” she cooed as she looked into his eyes and pressed her lips against his. “Are you sure you’re okay?”

“Yeah,” he nodded. “After that how can I not be? Actually,” he looked at her with a grin. “I kind of had another plan which is part of the reason it was taking me forever to get out of here. I know you probably didn’t notice these as I was fucking you against the locker,” he bent down and grabbed her skates, “but I brought these in with me tonight. Just in case.”

“My skates?” Hannah looked at him baffled. “Why Sid? You wanna go skating? I thought you’d want a break from the ice.”

“Just come with me.” He sat her down and delicately placed the skates on either of her feet. She bent over to tie them as he changed into sweats and a shirt and put his skates on. He extended his hand out so that she could place hers in his and helped her to her feet. He didn’t let go of her hand for even a second as he led her out to the fresh ice.

“I can’t get over how different it is when it’s empty like this. Just a little while ago there were thousands of people screaming and yelling and now we’re the only two here,” Hannah explained as she looked around the now empty arena.

“It’s our last night. I was kind of hoping it wouldn’t be, but it is, and I want to end it on a high note, not a bad one.” Sid laced his fingers with hers as he stepped onto the ice and pulled her along with him. It was dark, well, darker than it had been for the game. Only a few lights illuminated the place and knowing it was just the two of them gave him a kind of peace.

Sid spun Hannah around, twirled her as best as he could, and pulled her tightly to him. “This is the best ending to any night,” Hannah said completely content in Sid’s arms. “I don’t know why…or how you could plan this knowing what you’re feeling right now and what happened tonight.”

“It sucks yeah, but no one died. We’ll have another shot at it next year and to be honest, the best thing that could have happened to me this season did: I met you.”

Hannah pulled back and looked up into his eyes fighting back slight tears. He was so sweet and kind she didn’t feel she deserved him. As she was about to speak she heard a loud noise that startled her. Music started to play throughout the arena but it certainly wasn’t a song that was blasting through the speakers during the game. It was slow and soft and as it played and Hannah heard the words and felt Sid squeeze her to him tighter she realized he had completely stopped their skating and they were dancing, alone, in the middle of the rink.

If we try to leave may God send angels to guard the door….

“Don’t ask me how but I came across this song and I heard the words and all I could think about was you,” he said as he gently caressed her back.

Love is not a fight, but it’s something worth fighting for…

Hannah smiled to herself and snuggled harder into him. “I love this song.”

“You know this song?”

“Yeah,” she gushed. “I do. I’ve always been in love with it, I just never had anyone to share it with. I can’t believe you found it.”

Sid swallowed the lump in his throat. He was getting worked up having her there, knowing that she made everything better. “I never did stuff like this before you came along. Never. Not even once did I think about it. When I heard this and read the words I was like, ‘yes, this song is me and Han. I’m hers for the rest of my life’ I had no clue you liked it.” He paused for a moment and took in this moment with her. “I guess that settles it then.”

“Settles what?” Hannah asked as she clung to him with her eyes closed, swaying back and forth to the sweet song that almost reach it’s ending.

“We found our wedding song.”

Hannah smiled and pulled back to look him in the eyes with a huge pristine smile. “Yeah, I love that idea.”

They still hadn’t figured out all the details to the wedding yet, but they had the song, and Sid, well…he had the girl he loved in his arms. He never knew how much one person could take away the pain of losing, the pain of failing, until now…until he had her alone and realized that nothing else mattered, the pain and frustration he felt just didn’t exist when he was with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! Thanks for reading! I hope you liked the Sid and Hannah fluff. The wedding is the next chapter. I've been mapping out their wedding since I got the idea for this story and known how i've wanted to do it for a while...so I hope you are not disappointed with it. I'd love to hear what you're predictions are for their wedding :) and i'll try to update rather soon.

Here's a like to the summary for my next story:
http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/486970/Things-Arent-Always-What-They-Seem/

I hope you'll stick with me for that one. This one has maybe two chapters left, depending on how far I feel like going with their epilogue. Thanks for reading, let me know if you like it.
OH! the song in this chapter is "Love is Not a Fight" by Warren Barfield-- it's really very beautiful. Look it up, you'll love it :)