Status: Work in Progress :)

Taking a Shot at Love

Dinner with Family

Image

It had been the day from hell at work. She was used to guys being asses but this was new territory for her. Staal had “accidently” poured water on her, and she had to go home and change. When she came back, Sidney “accidently” bumped into her. They were purposely picking on her and eventually she had enough, so she took their clothes while they were showering and hid them. It was funny for her to see them looking for their clothes. Haley eventually gave them their clothes back but not after having them promise not ever mess with her again. That made her day a lot better after she went home and changed again but right now she was standing in front of her uncle’s house waiting for someone to answer the door. As the door opened, she saw Alex and she smiled, “I have a funny story to tell you. You’ll never know guess what I did to the boys today.”

“Sid was just telling all of us,” My uncle said causing my eyes to travel to the couch where Sidney was sitting.

“Serves them right,” Haley said hanging her coat up. “They messed with the wrong person.”

"I figured something happened." Alex said, walking beside her. "I noticed the clothes you left in where already at the house when I got home."

“It all started with Staal,” Haley said sighing. “ ‘Accidently’ poured water on me. Then I finally get dry and come back and then this jerk ‘accidently’ bumped into me pouring soda all over me. I had to get them back.”

"Would said jerk be Sidney?" Alex asked seeing Haley's eyes look like it does when she's annoyed, and she's only seen that when talking about one of the guys so far. "And how exactly did you get them back?"

“I thought Sidney told you guys?” She asked confused. “I took their clothes while they were in the shower and told them they wouldn’t get them back until they promised not to mess with me anymore.”

"Nope, Sidney hasn't said a word about what happened today, and I can't understand why" Alex said laughing at the thought of the boys running around looking for their clothes.

My uncle laughed, “I lied to get you to tell us.”

“Of course you did,” Haley said shaking her head. “I warned them before hand, last night not to mess with me but Crosby and Staal had to learn first hand.”

“It was all Staalsy’s idea,” Sidney said frowning.

"Of course it was his idea." Alex said, rolling her eyes, annoyed with Staal so far.

Sid sighed, “Give Staal a break. We do it to every newbie. It is a welcome of sorts.”

“Well as long as you don’t do it again, we’re good,” Haley said sitting down next her Aunt Nathalie on the couch. “When’s dinner?”

“Soon,” Mario said shaking his head.

“What is Sidney doing here anyways?” She asked looking at Sidney.

Sid laughed, “I used to live here and Mario and Nathalie have me over once a week for dinner.”

"Mario and Nathalie, you have got to be the best people I know." Alex said smiling at them in thanks for everything they've done for her

“Your family Alex,” Mario said kissing her cheek. “Always will be.”

"It feels nice to know not everyone out there is bad." Alex said giving Mario a hug, and then doing the same to Nathalie.

“Sid!” They all heard as Mario and Nathalie’s four kids Lauren, Stephanie, Austin and Alexa came into the room.

“I see how it is,” Haley said crossing her arms across her chest. “The hockey player gets the love but your cousin doesn’t.”

“Haley! Alex!” Lauren said running up them and hugging them followed by the other three. “It’s been so long. I can’t believe you’re here. Dad said you were moving to Pittsburgh. We have to talk and catch up and shop!”

"No, not the shopping ANYTHING BUT THE SHOPPING" Alex said with a horrified look on her face. Then she busted out laughing as everyone in the room had gone still. "You should see your faces!!"

“We will take you shopping but let us get used to being here first,” Haley said laughing.

“Now that everyone is here, let’s eat,” Mario said motioning to the dinning room. They all sat down and started eating.

Nathalie looked from Sidney to Haley; obviously she thought they would be great together. Both of them were nice kids and had a passion for hockey and for family. She didn’t like the man Haley was dating and wanted someone better for her niece, “So, Haley how is Anthony?”

“He’s great,” She said with a smile. “He’s going to come to first game. He took off work for it.”

"Are you kidding me?" Alex said rolling her eyes. "I'm going to have to deal with him for an entire night of hockey?"

“Tony isn’t that bad,” Haley said sighing. “I don’t get why you don’t like him.”

“Tony?” Sidney asked his cute French Canadian accent that Haley loved, it reminded her of home.

"Tony is a jerk, and I don't see how you don't see that!" Alex said, remembering back to Haley's last birthday part, and how he tried to get her, Haley's best friend, to sleep with him.

“Who is Tony?” Sidney asked again.

“He isn’t a jerk,” Haley said rolling her eyes. “He is a great guy.”

"Yes he is! But I'm not going to get in the middle of your relationship with your boyfriend. Just know I'll be here for you, no matter what happens." Alex said, ending the ever-lasting argument.

Haley sighed and ran her fingers through her hair, “We have to go shopping for jerseys before the game. I think I might get a Fleury or Staal or Crosby but I don’t know.”

“You can wear my away,” Sidney pointed out. “Flower will give his to Vero but I can get Staal to give one of you his and one can have mine.”

"I like that plan." Alex said, sending Sidney a 'thank you' smile. "It saves me from spending money I don't have at the moment."

“Gronk,” Sidney started with a laugh looking at Alex. “Will want you to wear his.”

“Awe, does Staalsy have a crush?” Haley asked laughing.

He smiled, “You could say that.”

Alex rolled her eyes and said, "Maybe I don't want to wear his? Maybe I'm more of a Crosby fan than Staal fan?"

Sidney laughed, “He needs a kick in the ego. I don’t care either way. Just don’t want a jealous boyfriend on my hands.”

“He won’t get jealous,” Haley said rolling her eyes. “Unless Staal hits on me again but I think he learned today not to mess with me.”

"I don't think he's ever gotten jealous. Doesn't that seem a little odd to you Haley?" Alex asked. "We'll decide later who get which jersey."

“If you were my girlfriend,” Sidney stopped when he saw the look on Haley’s face but then continued anyway, “I’d get jealous. I wouldn’t want you working with guys like Gronk or Malkin or me. I would be jealous.”

Haley rolled her eyes, “We should get going. You have work tomorrow and I have work. It’s getting late.” She hugged her uncle and aunt. “Sidney, see you tomorrow.”

“Good-bye,” He said with a smile.

“Ready AJ?” Haley asked grabbing her stuff.

"Ready," Alex said after giving Mario and Nathalie a hug.

They waved good-bye as they headed out. Once back at their apartment, they both went to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy Chapter 2! Please let me know what you think :)