Status: Active; update when possible

Kill Me With a Thorny Kiss

Confusion (Pt2 of Peccatores Volunt)

Melody's pov

You have got to be kidding me! I worked so hard to make things go according to plan and now everything is messed up. Rose was late, and now Damon is missing from where he was suppose to meet me. I hissed softly in frustration remembering the leading factors to this diversion.

Rose had been late in coming to the grave yard covered in blood with barely any clothes on her for this kind of weather. Her eyes looked to be in almost of a daze, but not enough of one because she had begun to notice my less human features that showed when I try to make up for lost time.

I would have to be stupid not to understand what happen during the time she was at home. I had seen it all before…not just in the beginning when I watched her, but in Sarah’s mind. The images of black and blue spots on human skin, the red blood, that mixed so well with her pale flesh. I shook my head mentally and shuddered.

Knowing Damon, he wouldn’t have been eating right and demons, like anyone else in the our world would go crazy for blood, some that Rose had lost a lot of just recently. Not to mention she still reeked of it. AB negative… one of the rarest blood types in the world and a delicacy among our kind.

I had left Rose in a safe place, a tent that no one would dare enter without my permission but I still felt uneasy with leaving her alone. She was to much of an important playing piece to lose now. Damn it, Damon! Why did you have to run off like that? Did you think I wouldn’t have anything better to do than chase after you?

“Hey lookie here! Melody you’re here!” A way too familiar hand throw itself on to my shoulder. Anyone with even the tiniest bit of common sense would have known that the voice and hand both belonged to the world’s most annoying demon, Diclearvious.

The easiest way to describe him would be deception and mischievous. Sadly enough he’s a pureblood too. Although he is a pureblood he still fell, in rank, under Damon since his power had more of a negative effect. But he was Rachanna’s follow at heart. He adored the demon that created him out of nothing. Rachanna had created all of the demons in the world, except for Damon of course. He always had to make things hard.

No one really knows how Damon came about. Some say he was around from the very beginning like Rachanna, others say she created him sub-consciously and never realized it. I wonder if Damon knows, I doubt it though… My mind trails off ignoring the chatting demon next to me out of habit.

“Diclearvious! What did you just say?” I hissed suddenly, my mind going a mile a minute to try and recap what he had been saying, what I had automatically tuned-out because it was from Diclearious’s mouth.

The loudmouth stopped mid-sentence to look at me his eyes holding the usual gleam of mischief. “About what? The blood I found for Rachanna or what she wished for?”

“Both.” I all but snarled at him. I didn’t trust that look in his eyes; even if that was the only emotion you ever saw in them.

His face turned up into a smirk and I would have wanted nothing more than to at least punch his face. “Temper, temper, Melody. You don’t control everything you know.” He chuckled darkly.
“Roses bloom on cold nights with a smell sweeter than any honey.
Thorns cut into skin that allow the taste to drip down.
Wish quickly and quietly for the one you want and he shall appear.
The best blood is the one no one knows about.
Destruction will take it’s path, but the rose will stand still.
The plan shall fall into place just as thought, but with a twist that no one could predict, because a rose blooms best after the rain shows.”
He finishes a dark look hidden in his eye, and I could feel myself shiver and for once in probably my entire existence it was not from the cold.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well everyone first week of school for me is over and done and to celebrate we have a chapter. :)

I have a question(s) to all of my lovely readers: Were any of you execpting Melody's pov again? And by a show of hands (this means comments) Do you like her enough that you would want another chapter through her eyes? Or should I just move her to a background character with a little screen time? And what do you think about the prophecy our latest demonic friend said?

Speaking of him what are your first thoughts about Diclearvious? (You say his name: Die-cleav[like in cleavage >.<]-eous) what a name. I forget how I got that name, but I must have been high off of something... :/ But anyways I love Diclearvious mainly because when I first thought him up he was some nameless demon with just a little time in the opening in the second book, to now being a fullly named demon with a big role in both stories.

And one last thing: ince school has started I am going to now update based on comments so if you want an update then post a comment. I'll ask for 5 comments before updating which I should get soon since I asked a few questions. And remember your comment does count don't expect the next reader to do it. It's you job too ;)