Status: Active; update when possible

Kill Me With a Thorny Kiss

It pays off...eventually (pt. 3 of Peccatores Volunt)

Melody's POV
“Temper, temper, Melody. You don’t control everything you know.” He chuckled darkly.
“Roses bloom on cold nights with a smell sweeter than any honey.
Thorns cut into skin that allow the taste to drip down.
Wish quickly and quietly for the one you want and he shall appear.
The best blood is the one no one knows about.
Destruction will take it’s path, but the rose will stand still.
The plan shall fall into place just as thought, but with a twist that no one could predict, because a rose blooms best after the rain shows.”
He finishes a dark look hidden in his eye, and I could feel myself shiver and for once in probably my entire existence it was not from the cold.


That’s the other thing with Diclearious he could ‘predict’ the future of course, it couldn’t be simply like the summer of next year will be the hottest of all time or the Earth will hit a black hole in two days. It had to be a confusing string of words that somehow meant something. I don’t think he knows what he’s talking about himself half the time. But it’s annoying no less because last time I check there was no demon of prophecy so there was no way of knowing just how much of what Diclearvious was saying was true. I would never admit it to his face but what he was saying struck a nerve with me. There’s no way he could know about it though so I’m just being paranoid, and that was something that irritated me.

“That’s lovely; now where is Rachanna and Damon?” my tone bordered sarcasm and impatience.

“Damon’s here?” surprise colored Diclearvious’ voice and I did a double take looking into his eyes. For once his eyes did show another emotion; a calculating one that normally I wouldn’t think twice about but now…

“Did you know that he was here?” I question slowly, watching him carefully.

After a long pause he let out a deep breathe and answered he hadn’t. “But does turn in my favor that he is.” he added as an after thought.

“Why?” I demanded getting up close and personal with the demon who I felt an extra jolt of hate towards for being so much taller than me.

“Because I lost Rachanna and if Damon’s here then that’s where she’ll be.” He replied in a cool and confident manner as though it was no big deal that he had lost Creation while Destruction was running around irritated. I really did want to hit him.

“I can’t believe you. C’mon let’s go find them.” I stated dragging him by the wrist in whatever direction I felt would lead us to the two pureblood demons as the night of sins and wishes continued.

It didn’t take to long, twenty minutes tops to find them. It wasn’t that hard either. Damon had left a trail with his aura that even a human could follow like a giant sign. The pair of demons were sitting by themselves on a bench Damon looking extremely irritated and made sure to keep an arm’s length between him and the whinnying demon that tried to cling to him.

In all honesty I think it was all we could do not to laugh at them, but pissing off Damon isn’t exactly the best plan in the world. So I just went up to him, not being able to hide the smirk that was already dancing it’s way onto my lips while his scowling face and eyes met mine.

“Want some help?” I offered my hand out to him; the laughter was getting harder and harder to hide from my voice as Rachanna kept trying to grab onto him in a bone crushing hug.

He growled something unintelligent to me, but took my hand all the same, and somewhere in the back of my head, I heard Diclearvious talk to Rachanna, gentle shaking her shoulders; getting her to focus on him. Completely unsuspecting of me. Never a smart thing to do. Payback time Diclearious I smiled wickedly as Damon raised his eyebrow at my smile, but didn’t say anything, as I moved so fast that even in our world with excellent eyesight it was still virtually impossible to see, but I had grabbed Diclearvious’ wrist and as I pulled Damon from his spot on the bench I slung Diclearvious down in his spot where Rachanna had him immediately in the hug that was meant for the now free Damon.

We didn’t stay longer enough to find out what happened to the two demons as I pulled Damon quickly along with me I needed to get him to where was Rose. “I’m not going to thank you for that.” Damon said when we had finally stopped a few feet from where the tent was.

“Wasn’t excepting you to,” I fired back at him, “but this does make you more indebt to me, because you made me waste time having to go track you down and then put up with Rachanna and Diclearious. At least there‘ll be a few months till the Winter Solstice.”

“Urgh, what do I have to do to not have to come back to this place ever again?” He groans to me and I really can’t help but smirk. It was always fun when people played into my traps, but with Damon, it was all the better.

“Do you really want to know?” my voice was quiet but he could still hear me just fine, because he gave a look that said, ‘Say it now.’ and I complied. “The girl in there has a wish I want you to grant. On one condition.” I had moved so I now stood right in front of him. I reached up onto my tiptoes and had my hands pull him down so I could whisper into his ear what he had to do. He jerked away the heartbeat I finished.

“Are you serious?” He demanded looking far from thrilled but I could care less of what he felt for it, we both knew that this is something he would end up doing.

“You can either do this and not have to come to Peccatores Volunt again, or you could be my personal servant for the next two years. Yes, Damon, you owe me enough favors that I can have you as my servant for the next two years.” I smirked in triumphal already know that he was sold on the deal.

“Fine. Whatever Melody, but after this my debt to you is cleared.” Damon merely said before sulking off into the tent. I stayed where I was until the swishing sound of the tent’s opening door faded as it closed again, before smiling briefly. For now my work was done, and things would go according to plan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, this is a few days late everyone, school has been such a brat lately. This is most likely we'll have something from Melody's point of view unless you guys comment saying you would like her again or if I find it nessary for the chapter. Next chapter will be where Damon and Rose finally met! Yay! Thank you everyone who is supporting this book as it slowly starts to make its way.
Thanks to:
WolfsBaneLily
BlackRose4
punkchicklol
Fabulous Cola
nightshadow333
XXXataktoulaXXX
Thank you all for commenting! This chapter is for you all! :D