‹ Prequel: The Sun Makes Shadows
Status: Sequel!

There's No Dark Without Light

Promise

Nyaa’s POV

“What’s going on?” Val asked the doctor once he announced he was for us.

“Your husband has no internal bleeding; which is the good thing but he has a lot of brain damage; I don’t think it’ll be long term if he wakes up-“

If?” Jimmy cut off and he frowned.

“Matthew is in a coma and we aren’t sure if he’ll wake or not,” Val started to sob and he bid farewell.
___
The guys convinced Val and I to come home for a bit since we’ve been there all day and they said they’ll call as soon as there is any news.

“Are you hungry?” Val asked in monotone as we drove home.

I shook my head.

“Yeah me either… let’s just get home and try to get some sleep.”

“I’m sorry,” I whispered and she sneaked a quick glance before looking back at the road.

“Why?”

“If I didn’t run into the street…” my voice trailed off and Val shook her head as she pulled into the driveway.

She took my hands in hers and frowned at me.

“Nyaa promise me; no matter what happens, you won’t blame yourself…” I searched her eyes for any trace of a lie and finally nodded when I found none.

“I promise,” I whispered.

We walked into the house and Val let out a sigh. The air in here seemed different… almost like the house knew and felt our pain too. I shook my head; I’ll have to smoke it out before Matt comes home so the energy changes for him.

Bella walked over to Val and whimpered up at her as if she knew why Matt was gone. Val leaned down and petted her head before walking upstairs. I looked at the dog sadly as she looked up at me.

“I don’t know if he’s coming home or not baby,” I whispered and followed Val as I heard her whimper again.

I went straight to my room and changed into some pajamas. I looked up at my grandmother as I crawled into bed.

“Please let him come home…” I whispered to my guardian before letting my head hit the pillow and falling asleep.

“Nyaa,” I looked around the dark red room in confusion.

“Gram?” I asked the air.

“Over here,” I followed her voice and soon seen her standing.

“What’s going on? Where am I?” I asked.

“You’re in limbo… Matt’s here and he’s in there,” she pointed to a door and I raised a brow.

“Go ahead,” she encouraged. “I’ll go get you when your finished don’t worry; you won’t be stuck here,” she grinned wide and I nodded before walking to the door.

Slowly I opened it and I saw a boy; a teen. He had short black hair slicked back, he wore baggy jeans and a Metallica shirt, a lip ring sat on the side of his lip, and he smiled a wide dimpled grin.

I know that smile.

“Matt?” I called and he looked over at me in confusion.

“Nyaa?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Damn over 90 subs already?... xD love u all!
Comment, SUbacribe, Banner for this?
-Neche