‹ Prequel: The Sun Makes Shadows
Status: Sequel!

There's No Dark Without Light

Apologies

Nyaa’s POV

After the smoke out Val and I relaxed enough to fall asleep. I awoke suddenly though and it was weird. I wasn’t tired or anything; just ready to wake up and start the day. I rushed to get ready and by the time I got downstairs so was Val.

“You’re up and ready already?” She sounded shocked and I nodded.

“Are you hungry?” I shook my head causing her to frown.

Just as she was about to say something else her cell phone rang.

“Hello? Yes this is her… Oh my god. I’ll be right there!” Before I could ask her what was going on she pulled me to the door.

“What’s going on?” I asked as I buckled my seatbelt.

“Matt’s awake.”
___
We ran through the hospital and went straight to Matt’s room.

We heard shouting from inside his room and paused outside of his doors.

“I don’t want any fucking medicine. I just want to see my daughter!” My eyes widened and Val looked just as shocked.

She stepped through the door and I followed but stayed behind the curtain.

“Oh Val,” He was smiling but he looked tired.

The nurse rushed past me and outside.

“Where’s Nyaa?” He asked and I stepped into view.

He smiled wide at me. He didn’t look like Matt or M. Shadows; big tough guy, no with this smile he looked like a kid in a candy store. I cocked a brow in confusion. What the hell was going on?

Val rushed over and hugged him. He buried his face into her hair for a moment and I stood by letting them have their moment.

“Val,” they broke apart. “Can I talk to Nyaa alone for a moment?”

She nodded and smiled at me before leaving saying she’d call the guys. I turned back to Matt who just smiled at me. I returned it awkwardly.

“Do you wanna sit?” I shrugged and he patted a spot next to the bed.

I slowly made my way to it and as soon as I did he pulled me against him. My back hit his chest and his arms squeezed me in a hug.

“I’m sorry,” he mumbled into my hair.

“For what?” Was all I could push out through the shock.

“For everything; pushing you away, not telling you about mine and your past, for being an ass.” He chuckled but I didn’t.

I didn’t find any of this funny. I felt exhausted; Matt had put me through emotion turmoil and I hated every second of it. He mood swings were going to make my head explode.

And here he was saying sorry about everything like it was okay. I grew angry but before I could shove him off the door burst open and Jimmy emerged with a wide smile.

“You’re up!” He exclaimed after staring at our position on the bed with a light smile.

The rest came in next and Brian gave a knowing smile at us which confused the hell out of me. I expected Matt to let me move but he just pulled me closer so I could sit comfortable at his side at all times while everyone else hugged him on his other side and one arm was around me at all times. I guess I have to wait ‘til they’re gone to snap.

I won’t ruin their happy moment now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay… how did you guys like it?
Sorry if it sucks; I rushed it because I have to update my Matt and Jason Berry story soon.

Comment, Love, Subscribe!
-Neche Narcissist