Making Noise To The Beat Of Fasion

Lives A Secret That We Dare Not Speak Out Loud

“Well… make yourself at home” Gerard said, gesturing around the apartment. “I’ll figure out something with Mikey when he wakes up”

Claire assumed that Mikey must have been Gerard’s brother, the guy sleeping in her new bed.

Claire perched herself on the edge of the sofa, making sure she didn’t sit on anything unpleasant.

“Sorry about the mess. We had a party last night. Got a bit out of hand” Gerard said, as if he was attempting to make conversation.

Claire however wasn’t bothered about talking to anyone. She was having second thoughts about coming to this place. She didn’t have her friends or family anywhere near her. She didn’t very much like this place either. Well, would you? It was a complete dump.
Gerard bustled around her, tidying up the odd item.
She thought he’d have at least tried to make a good impression on his new room mate. But no, he was grubby, greasy and a bit smelly to be honest. Maybe he had tried. Maybe he was worse than this usually? She hoped not.

“Want a cup of coffee?” Gerard asked, breaking the silence.

“No thanks… I don’t drink it,”

“What do you mean, you don’t drink coffee?”

“I don’t like it,” Claire shrugged.

“Good God, there’s something wrong with your taste buds if you don’t like coffee!” Gerard said.

She didn’t reply. Just sat there in silence. Maybe she could move out of here in a few weeks time. She could find somewhere better to stay sooner or later. Yeah, this place was only temporary.

There was a knock on the door.
“Could you get that?” Gerard asked as he poured boiling water into his mug.

Claire got up and opened the door. Before her stood a guy. He was shorter than her and had the most cheesy grin you could ever imagine. “Hey sweet cheeks. Gerard in? I got him a present!” the guy said, holding up a case of beer, with such a small amount of effort for his size.