Sequel: Take a Breath

Until the End of Time

White Dresses

December 6th, 2009

It had been about a month since Danielle and I had lunch together, which involved making plans for the wedding-to-be. Ironically, I hadn't seen or heard from Kevin in the same amount of time. Or maybe I was avoiding him. But either way, I hadn't seen or heard from him.

"Madison! How does it look?" Danielle called, breaking me out of my thoughts.

Mrs. Denise, Danielle's mother and sister, and Nick looked at me for my opinion.

"Uhm..," I began, licking my bottom lip nervously, and glancing at the beautiful white dress she wore, hugging every curve perfectly. "It honestly looks beautiful, Danielle. That's the one, I'm sure."

She smiled widely, turning to the tailor and spinning in the body mirror, admiring the piece of silk. "You really think so?"

I took a sip of my coffee, biting my lip shortly afterwards. "Yeah. I do."

"Danielle, honey, do you mind if Madison and I go look at the florist? Your mother and Nicholas could stay here, and you could call if you needed anything."

"Sure, that sounds okay. Go ahead, Mrs. Denise."

Nick stood from where he was sitting, obviously very enthused at the news that he'd have to sit here with his oh so dear..sister-in-law-to be. "Actually, maybe Madison and I could go to the-."

"Nicholas, you're staying here. Go sit back down, you'll make Danielle think you don't want to be here!"

"But, Mom, I don't want to be here."

"Well, whjat've you got better to do?" She inquired, raising an eyebrow at her son.

"Write sappy love songs?" I joked.

"Ha-Ha! Very funny," Nick muttered, sending a glare in my direction.

"Nicholas, we're only going to be an hour. I'm sure you can stay patient until then."

"Yes ma'am."

"That's my boy," She said, leaning forward to press a loving kiss on his cheek. And once she had her back turned, he was desperately trying to wipe it off. Ah, even he doesn't like it. Shocker.

"Coming, dear?"

"Oh, yes ma'am! I'm sorry," I breathed, catching up with her and walking out of the door and onto the sidewalk.

"Madison, can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Why are you doing this?"

"Doing what?" I chimed in, caught off guard.

She rolled her brown eyes, looping her arm through mine carefully. "Madison, it's obvious that you love him. Why would you do this to yourself?"

"I-I..Danielle said that Kevin would love to-."

"Madison, I love Danielle, I do, but surely you know that I'm not thrilled with Kevin's choice."

"No ma'am, I didn't-."

"Look honey, stop bullshitting me," She said sternly, turning to face me as I'm sure my mouth was open to an 'O'.

"Y-Yes ma'am."

"Kevin told me that the two of you kissed, but I'm not mad. It was bound to happen sometime, you see. I always thought he'd have married you, but after Danielle met him.."

I looked at her, waiting for her to continue.

"Madison, you've got to tell him. Before it really is too late, honey."

Whether or not I knew for sure what she was talking about, she was right. I had to tell him, and I had to tell him soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? (: