‹ Prequel: Falling To Pieces

All You Need Is Love

Daddy and Daughter Time

I groaned and fell on the couch. Serena and Regan were playing by my feet, trying to get each other to touch them. Like me, they hated feet.

I watched as Serena tried so hard to touch it, then pull back. I smiled slightly.

I was finally at home alone with my two babies. Caleb was out helping Nathan move something at his job. Olivia and Azalia had gone shopping. Well, with what money they had left. I felt bad, not knowing all the money she spent on us. On me. But she could have said no at any time. My dad offered to help us countless times. Offered me a job, but nobody would let me take it. He even offered Caleb a job, but that didn't last two days.

Earlier, I had snuck Olivia some of Caleb's money. I wasn't sure how much, I just grabbed a stack and threw it into her purse. I hoped it covered most of what I owed her. Caleb would be mad, but I didn't care.

There was a knock on the door. I yelled a, "come in!" before I heard it creek.

"Hello?" My father's voice flowed through the air. I jumped up, looking around. I hadn't seen anything laying around that he'd dislike. Other than my kids which he thought were Olivia's.

I sighed, I had to tell him. I would tell him.

I walked to the front door and waved at him. "Dad," I said, seriously. He looked worried. I pointed to Serena and Regan who had followed me. "Serena and Regan aren't Olivia's kids. Their mine. No, they aren't Caleb's either. He only helps with them. I was pregnant which was why Olivia kept making up all those lies. I was 'sick' or gone to mom's. I hate mom. She's the reason I'm pregnant. Well, me staying in that house is the reason." I shrugged.

I couldn't look up at him, but I figured he was beyond pissed. "I know.." Was all that left his mouth. My jaw dropped, I looked up at him. "Do you really think your mom is that cruel?" He asked. "She told me what Jerry did, so we threw him in jail. He's out now, which is what me, Caleb and Nathan have been doing. Why do you think Caleb has so much money?" He asked.

I looked at him, confused. He continued. "We took Jerry to court. Caleb ended up with most of his money, your mom with the rest. He had loads of money stashed away from husbands he's killed, and girls he's knocked up. Shilo, you aren't alone in all this." He hugged me, pulling me tightly. I laid my head on his chest and let a few tears fall.

"How? How did you keep this from me?" I asked.

He chuckled. "We have ways."

I bit my lip, wanting to know how much money Caleb got from this. What if he still stole more? "How much did Caleb get?" I asked.

He shrugged. "A couple thousand. Not more than two thousand. Why?" He asked.

It clicked. There was more than that. Caleb stole. He told me he used to steal all the time. It would explain everything. There was more than two thousand dollars in that hole in the wall. There had to been millions.

"No reason." I shrugged.

He nodded and kissed my head. After that, we sat down and talked for nearly four hours. About the case on Jerry, about how mom was doing and why she still hadn't talked to me. It was because she was back on Jerry's side after all this. Ran away with him. He also told me it had been Jerry who stole from that bank. There was proof. So now my guess was, Caleb stole from Jerry.

After dad left and Serena and Regan were in bed, I heard foot steps. Olivia walked through the doors and into my room. She looked tired, but slightly happier than last night.

"I'm sorry, Shi. Your dad told me you guys talked. I can't believe Caleb and Nathan have been working with him for the past few months. I only thought.. I thought the reason they hung around you so much was to baby you. I had no idea they were just protecting you. Jerry and your mom is still out there, we need to be careful."

I nodded. "Olive, I know how you felt. I wouldn't want anybody taking all of my money either. I wouldn't want to be living with a guy I liked that took care of the other girl, and I wouldn't like pretending to have two extra babies for somebody else. I shouldn't be such a brat, or even act like I do. I'm turning into my mother, and I can't have that. Not if I'm going to raise two babies myself."

She smiled lightly and sat beside me. Putting her hand on mine. I was so pale next to her. "Shilo, you aren't alone. I'm still going to be here for you. I just can't pay for every little thing."

I sighed. "I'm going to look for a job next week. Caleb already agreed to watch all four kids." I shrugged.

She looked puzzled. "Four?"

"He's going to be your slave for a day." I grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aha, don't get too used to this Shilo! She may not last long, but then again, she may. We'll see!

--Christa