‹ Prequel: Falling To Pieces

All You Need Is Love

Time To Grow Up

I walked in the door and looked around. It was quiet.. I didn't like the sound of that. I threw my bag on the couch and walked upstairs.

I heard water running and walked over to the bathroom door. I knocked once and waited for an answer. "Hello?" I called.

"Shi!" Caleb's voice came through the door. "That you, babe?" He asked.

"Uh, yeah. Where is everybody?" I asked.

"Oh! Call Olivia, please. And whatever she tells you, it's not true!"

I bit my lip and walked into my room. I got my cell phone out of my pocket and called Olivia. Once she answered, I told her I was home and that she needed to bring my babies back.

After half an hour, she was back home and Olivia, Nathan, Caleb and I were all in the living room while the kids were upstairs taking a nap. I sat with my hands folded in my lap while Olivia paced around the coffee table. Caleb and Nathan watched her, worried.

I finally sighed and looked from Caleb to Olivia. "Alright, somebody tell me what happened?" I asked. They both started yelling at the same time. I held my hands up and glared at them. "One at a time. Caleb?" I pointed to him while Olivia crossed her arms and huffed.

"I was helping her out--" Olivia made a disapproving noise. "and she gets all worked up because I didn't do one little thing and takes our babies and walks out." He shrugged.

I nodded and pointed to Olivia. "Now you, Olive."

She rolled her eyes and waved her hand at Caleb. "This! He's no help at all. I've told him fifty times to change diapers, he never did. I asked him to fix the kids something to eat, he didn't know how. I asked him to watch Serena and Regan while I ran out for a few minutes, he wouldn't do it. He never helps around the house, he gives you all this money and won't help me out. He has no job to get extra money. Shi, I don't see what the hell you see in him." She fussed.

I looked over at Caleb who was shaking his head. "It's not true, Shilo!" He whined. "I helped her, I have given her some money, and I do take care of our own kids!" He yelled.

Olivia laughed and shook her head. "You lying bastard."

"You're the liar, bitch!" He screamed, standing up.

She growled and walked over to him. "Yes, I am a bitch. What are you going to do about it?"

I stood up and moved in between them. "Whoa! Both of you, shut the fuck up." I growled. Now I was pissed. I was worse than Olivia when I got this pissed, which was rare. I once had to take therapy classes because of anger problems.. Olivia knew how badly it scarred me. "Olivia, I agree with you. I don't know what the hell I see in him anymore. Caleb, you used to be so helpful, and then you stopped. I don't know what got into you but I am sick of it. You either need to change your attitude, or get the fuck out of my daddy's cabin." I said, pointing towards the door.

He stared at me in shock, Nathan jumped at the tone of my voice and Olivia's jaw dropped to the floor. She may have been mean, but she wouldn't have just kicked him or Nathan out just like that. She'd at least make sure they had a home to go to, which Caleb didn't.

His face fell and his eyes watered up. "Shi--"

I held my hand up to his face. "No. We're fucking over, Caleb. Pack your shit and get out of my sight. If you can't help around here, you can't live here. Yes, I was a spoiled brat who couldn't even take care of her kids, because I was just a kid myself. But it's time for me to grow up and take care of them, and take care of myself instead of asking others to. I need to find a job, pay Olivia back, and then find another job so I can pay for bills, and my kids. Leaving me no money for myself." I stated.

Nathan and Olivia stepped back and watched. A few tears fell from Caleb's eyes as he just nodded and walked up the stairs. I groaned and walked into the kitchen, slamming doors to find a clean cup. Of course, every dish was dirty because it was Caleb's job to wash them.
♠ ♠ ♠
... I have NO idea where this came from xD I had no idea what to write until I actually started writing. Anyways, ASHLEY'S TURN!

--Christa