‹ Prequel: Falling To Pieces

All You Need Is Love

Over It

I sat at the kitchen, drinking some coffee from Starbucks. I watched as Shilo walked into the kitchen, rustling through the cabinets. She slammed one shut and started looking through another for something to munch on.

"There's nothing to eat." She muttered, shutting the fridge. I got up.

"Sit down." I said as Azalia walked over. I picked her up and kissed her cheek. "Hey sweetie." I set her on the stool beside Shilo. I grabbed some ice cream from the freezer, the milk jug and blender.

"What ya doin' mommy?" Azalia asked, watching me. I got out some strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and a lemon.

"Gonna make you and auntie Shilo a smoothie." I smiled. Shilo got up to watch.

"Me help?" Azalia smiled. I giggled and picked her up and set her on the counter.

"Sure thing baby doll." I got out two glasses. "And Shilo, we really need to talk." I said, putting the ice cream and milk into the blender.

"About?" She asked, leaning back and watching us. I handed Azalia the fruits. She threw them all in, watching them as they plunked into the blender. I handed her a strawberry to eat as well.

"Well... About the money you owe me." I said, rolling the lemon. I grabbed a knife. "Fingers back Azalia." I said. She put her hands on her legs and watched as I cut the lemon in half and squeezed it into the blender. I put the lid on and turned it on.

"Pretty colors." She grinned, watching . I smiled and shut it off then poured some into a plastic cup for her then the rest into a glass for Shilo. I put a straw in Azalia's and grabbed some whipped cream.

"I owe you?" She asked. I smirked a little and sprayed the whipped cream into the drinks then put it away.

"Well yeah. You weren't expecting me to just buy all that stuff for Serena and Regan and not expect anything in return, right?" I asked. She stared into her glass when I looked over.

"No." She muttered. "How much do I owe you then?" She looked at me. I picked up Azalia and set her back on the stool with her drink in front of her.

"Well... With the cribs, hospital bills, clothes, food, diapers, wipes, baby powder, shampoo, and everything else... Um around," I paused to watch her. She looked a little worried. "Forty five thousand." I said. Her mouth just dropped.

"No, you're lying." She accused. I shook my head and grabbed a banana. I peeled it then cut it up into slices and set those in front of Azalia.

"Thank you mommy." She smiled, eating them. I kissed her head.

"You're welcome darling." I smiled. "No, I'm not." I said.

"How could you afford all of that?!" She asked. I bit my lip.

"I uh, had to use my college fund." I said, looking up. You could see the guilt written across her face. "And now I don't have anymore money in that account so and I'm not making enough to support us all." I said.

"Well... What all do you have to buy monthly?" She asked. I sighed.

"Diapers for Serena and Regan, wipes, baby food, clothes and shoes, food for us, gas, clothes for Azalia, toys for both of our kids cause they're in different age groups, and on top of that, I still need to put away at least a hundred a month for Azalia's college fund." I said.

Shilo was chewing on her lip. "I never really thought about all of that. But Nathan's applying, right?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah Shilo, but the thing is... Serena and Regan aren't his. And I know they're not Caleb's either, but he is basically a dad to them. So I think it's time he does get a job instead of staying home with you. I know he helps, but it would help me out a lot more if he had money coming in to pay for your kids." I said.

"That's not fair though." She said. I nodded.

"I know, but this money, I'm not going to be able to make it. I figured my college money would last until one of the guys got a job, but it ran out quicker than expected." I said, looking at Azalia. She smiled at me.

"All done!" She grinned. I picked her up.

"Whoa, you finished all of that?" I asked. She nodded happily. "You're such a big girl Azalia!" I cooed, spinning her around. She laughed with delight and hugged me.

"Thank you mommy, I love you." She kissed my cheek. I smiled.

"Awe baby, I love you too. I'll come play with you in a minute, but for now, go into the living room." I smiled, setting her down. She nodded and ran off to play. I watched her for a second.

Shilo watched me as I sighed. "If Caleb can't get a job by the end of the week, we're screwed." I said honestly.
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN DUNNN. o__o
I want beef stew ;__;

I hope you liked this chapter though. ^__^ I didn't mind it.
Comment please? :D

-Ashley Dawn